The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Journey Beyond

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After eating some breakfast with his family Petrie took to the air to see if he could find his friends and he could see what they were up to.  He decided to first fly over to Ducky's family's nest.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Elsewhere in the Great Valley, a young threehorn was snoozing away for quiet a bit, not even caring that the Great Circle was already up in the sky.  Her name was Skye, and she was asleep for the time being, well she was as she gave off a little groan, to which she stood up with a stretch.

She was still a bit annoyed about the loud crash that was heard last night, which in turn had woken her up, and in turn, didn't give her too much sleep last night as after the loud crash, she didn't manage to fall asleep afterwards, well, not much anyway.

Skye got up with a rather big stretch and yawned somewhat as well before taking a look around, yawing a second time before starting to step off, heading towards the water, looking to be rather tired.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail awoke with a yawn, and stretched his sleeping muscles awake as well. He then stood up and promptly fell off of Zaines back landing on his head. "I hate when I do that." he muttered to himself with a laugh. He then turned to see if Zaine was awake yet.

Cyrix was standing near where Zaine and his nephew had slept the night before. Not trusting those two to wait before going off towards the edge of the valley. "Those two are so stubborn... but I must admit, they do seem to have a great deal of courage."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine abruptly woke up when he heard Longtail topple off of him. He stared at him and sighed. "Longtail, is there any place that you won't fall off of and land on your head?" he asked with a laugh. "I'm surprised you were able to get any sleep after last night. I had so much trouble falling asleep I almost didn't."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Denton soon arrived to meet them, just as they were waking up

"Hey guys, glad to see your up. We've got to go see what that explosion was last night!"

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skye had walked all the way to the water and seconds later, just put her head into said water, not even bothing to lift up at the moment....it was her, well, rather odd way of waking herself up, all she could think of at the moment.

There was a laugh that was heard "You're not going to keep your head underwater all day, now are you?"

Skye lifted her head up and looked over to the other, Cera "Why not? I didn't get much sleep last night, no thanks to the loud noise.....could not get to sleep again after it had woken me up" she groaned and dipped her head back into the water.

Cera gave off another little laugh and walked over to Skye, sitting down beside her "Well, doing what you're doing isn't going to help matters any better"

Skye lifted her head up and groaned before collapsing onto her stomach "Well, do you have any bright ideas?"

"I don't know, maybe a game or something, get you running about and active and all that stuff" Cera then suggested to Skye "Like, tag" she added in with a grin.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie not finding Ducky took to the air and saw Cera.  Happy to see one of his friends finally he flew over to where she was, landing nearby.  

"Me glad to see you.  Me no see others yet." Petrie said.  

----

Mim awoke and while eating breakfast and getting some water glanced over in the direction of where the noise and light had come from.  She was thinking if she wanted to go to the edge of the valley and maybe try climbing a hill to see if she could see outside to get a peak of what it may be that hit there last night.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine saw Denton approach them and he immediately stood up. "Count me in. Something happened last night, and I think the grown-ups don't want us to find out." He then looked at Logntail, who was still on the ground from his fall. "Longtail, I know you'd probably want to many other things than just lie on the ground. You coming too?"

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera looked over to Petrie and gave off an even bigger grin than before "You're just in time Petrie, Skye and I were going to play a game of either tag, or I was thinking of, maybe....Sharptooh Attack, just something to get Skye here all motivated"

Skye on the other hand, looked to be rather bored, still unsure on what she really wanted to do in the end and sighed just a little bit "I guess either one sounds like fun" she spoke with a bit of a yawn as well.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
ooc: just awaiting GVG's post before proceeding with mine. :)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled at Denton. "Alright, are we all ready for this..." he asked with a curious tone in his voice... but then he began to think about the danger. "But if anything.. and I mean ANYTHING dangerous starts to happen, I want both of you to promise me you'll go and get help." he spoke with a firm tone of voice.

Cyrix sighed.
My nephew... so brave, and yet at the same time, overconfident to the point of stupidity. thought Cyrix as he continued to stay hidden.

As Skye and Cera were deciding what game to play, another figure stepped out of the surrounding brush. It was a red scaled Styracosaurus. He stepped forward with a grin and spoke aloud. "Hi! I'm kinda new here... I don't think I've seen you two around here before. My name is Stryke, nice to meet cha!"

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Okay, truth be told, I was going to find out what made that loud crash last night....that was before you came and interupted me" Skye spoke up back to Cera, having not noticed the new guy just yet.

"And the start of your plan was to keep your head underwater?" Cera asked back, smirking some again as she looked over to Stryke "Sorry about that, my name is Cera, and that there is my hot head friend, Skye"

Skye sighed a little as she looked to Stryke "Yeah, hello Stryke" she spoke, still annoyed with what Cera had told her, rolling her eyes at Cera as well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine shook his head. "Longtail, don't even think about pulling the solo deal. You should know by now that no matter what happens I never leave you behind, and I'm not going to start today." He then spoke with a smirk. "Besides, somebody's got to protect you in case you fall on your head again." He looked at Denton. "Whenever you are ready, we can head out."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"So do we play game or," Petrie shivered a bit before saying it, "Go to very scary beyond to look at what make noise last night?" He asked, guessing his friends would choose to go out to see what had caused the noise last night."

----

Mim and Mia were separately   thinking if they wanted to go and see what had caused the flash and noise last night.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail gave Zaine a serious look as he spoke up. "Zaine, you're like a brother to me... if anything bad were to happen all I'd have to do, is fly up into the air. You on the other wing would be limited to running on the ground, and if the danger happens to be faster than you.... well..." He didn't feel like finishing that sentence as he looked to Denton and asked, "Well... are we going or not?"

Stryke smiled at Cera and Skye. "Well... I'm not sure what game you two want to play, but me... I like adventure... so I say we check out whatever caused that giant noise."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Alright guys, let's get going!" said Denton and he turned to go down the nearest path that would lead him straight to the wall, he half expected his friends to follow him.

----------------------------------

Thaedon and Groffis both approached the edge of the crater both were in awe of what lay before them

Deep in the center of the perfectly round crater emitted not only the bellowing black cloud of smoke but there were other strange anomalies, In the very center of it all appeared this large orb of light; other strange bursts of lights flicked through the air like brushstrokes and the ever present flicker of static lightning that burst from the smoke cloud. Not only that but the air around this area seemed to bend or be manipulated in strange ways morphing the scenery like some crazy fun house mirror effect. Aside from the sound of the electric buzz from the static, everything else here seemed deathly silent.  

both the threehorns were awfully curious of what they were seeing, and of course, niether one understood the natural elements that were present, so naturally they were dumb enough to want to go down and investigate.

Thaedon being the usual wimp that he was felt the need to bully his younger brother into making the descend first. He kindly nudged Groffis with his head until Groffis went helplessly tumbling down into the crater "You go first." said Thaedon after shoving his brother over, not at all seeming to care of his safety. Poor Groffis tried to gain control but continued his painful slide downwards, only coming to an eventual halt just inches away from a nasty static shock from the central anomaly.

"Yeowch!" He cried after receiving another jolt

"Is it safe?" Asked Thaedon who pretended not to hear his brother's cry.

"What -OW! - do- AAH! - you - YAH! - think?!?" He called angrily back to his brother while receiving a few more jolts of harmless static.

Theadon simply scoffed and ignoring his brother's 'yips' of pain from the static he called back down to him.

"See what that big ball of light is while your down there. I'll just wait up here."

-----------------------------------

Soon Denton and the others were slowly making their ascend of the great wall, Denton having made several trips up this wall himself knew the fastest way. He came up here very often just to take in the view of the world beyond the valley, and very often the valley itself. But nobody knew of this, not even his friends. This would be the first time he'd actually bring them up here in fact and possibly the last.

As soon as they arrived over the edge they each beheld the world beyond, and at this very moment everything looked bleak, they saw the massive cloud column that polluted the skies and casted a gloomy shadow over everything. Seemingly like a lone monster or a storm that terrorized the deadlands.

"Woah..." said Denton, having never seen such a terrible and dark site. And feeling terribly frightened, he felt the urge to turn and go back but didnt show it in front of the few friends that were with him.

ooc: to those whom are not with Denton at the moment, don't worry, we're not leaving the valley, thus not leaving you out of the adventure :p

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skye looked to Stryke, Cera and Petrie "Well, if any of you lot do want to come with me to find the source of last night's noise, then be my guest" she spoke with a proud grin across her face as she started to walk off.

Cera gave off a groan and shrugged slightly "I guess we could go with her, besides, someone needs to make sure she doesn't get into any sort of trouble and what have you" she added on as she looked to Petrie and motioned for him to follow before looking to Stryke "You coming?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie looked at his friends that were present.  "If friends go then Petrie go." He said as he stood up, towards the end of his speech, to try to show how unafraid he was.  

----

Mim headed towards one of the borders of the Great Valley  thinking she could maybe look outside the valley to see if she could see anything in that direction.  

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine had never really climbed up the Great Wall before, mainly because he never had to, but he was still anxious to see what had caused the disturbance the night before. Before they had reached the wall, the group had run into Chomper, and he decided to join them as well. Zaine was perfectly fine traveling with Denton and Longtail, but at the same time he was happy Chomper found them and was coming with them. "So does anybody have any ideas as to what that was last night?"

"Beats me," Chomper replied. "We've had some weird things happen in the Mysterious Beyond and the island before, but I don't think anything like that. I hope whatever it is, it's friendly."

"You and me both Chomper," Zaine agreed.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Stryke grinned at Cera's remark.
"Of course I'm coming! It's a boys mission to protect the girls he meets." he said aloud with a similar smirk of pride on his face.

Longtail looked over at Zaine with a skeptical look in his eye as he said, "Seriously? Zaine, you KNOW our luck with adventures outside the valley... chances are whatever that thing is... it's going to be bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter than we are. I just hope that whatever it is.... doesn't try to eat us." Longtail then stopped walking as he thought he saw a familiar face. "You guys see that?"

Littlefoot for his part had heard the commotion last night, but like everyone else, was too tired to do much about it. Now that day had appeared...he was ready for another adventure. The only problem was he couldn't find any of his friends, so as he reached and looked over the Great Wall. "wow..." was the only word that came to mind when he saw the devastation caused by whatever had crashed.