The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Unused" fanfiction ideas

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If I'm like many fanfiction writers here on GoF, then that means we've frequently come up with some great ideas for a fanfiction, but have simply been unable to get around to writing them due to time constraints or other reasons. I'm starting this topic so we can possibly share these ideas. I'm talking about cases where you feel like you have an excellent idea that a lot of people would love to read, but you fear you may never get around to actually writing them out. Mention your ideas here, and who knows, maybe another person might be willing to help you work on it.

I'll start off with something simple I've had in mind for some time: This is for a relatively short fanfic that features Pterano and Petrie's father. Since I'm hopeful that someone here would be willing to write this one, I'll try not to reveal too much of the plot. Basically, Pterano and Petrie's father have been best friends since they were little kids, but that friendship is threatened when Petrie's father finds out why he and his family have been kept separate for so long. (To contrast with Pterano's British accent, I was thinking of Petrie's father having an American accent. :lol ) If anyone is willing to write a fanfic based on this idea, please let me know and I'll tell you everything I've come up with so far.

Anyone else have potential fanfiction ideas they would like to share?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I had thought, for some time years ago, to write a prequel to Out Of The Shadows called Descent, which would have chronicled Chomper's life growing up in Fortress Valley.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds interesting, Chronicler, but I'll wait and see if anyone else wants to do it first. :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, I had this story idea that... Well...

It's about the Great Valley having, sort of like a "life source", or something magical that controls the growth of plants so they stay abundant, and the same thing for the water. The only problem is, it can revive spirits back to life. What happens when this "thing" is stolen to revive an evil spirit who wants to take over the world? Two members of our favorite gang will try to stop him, and they meet a new friend along the way. Will they succeed?

This is sort of like the story I'm making with my friends, but it's in the human world, so making a conversion is hard. Try to make a story out of it, if it isn't done yet.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, I'll just throw out a PAST-O-RAMA idea I had from before I even started writing it, that I'm sure I'm never going to use.

It would have basically involved the meteor that took out the dinosaur's. The Professor finds out that it's coming soon, but he wouldn't be able to tell anyone about it. It would have been a kinda interesting conflict, where he could save the Great Valley, but he doesn't want to, as it would alter history and make it where he never existed. The solution would be for him to find another planet for all of them to live on, and just leave them there.

It was just a crazy idea, really, but if anyone wants to try going with it, be my guest.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Bruton the Iguanodon

What about a "what if" fanfic showing how things would have turned out if Littlefoot's mom had survived.

Or how about creating ideas for those cut moments in LBT 1 that feuatured the gang i peril and distress but we know otherwise nothing about?

How about creating fanfics for any of the interesting "offscreen" moments in any of the LBT films?

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=10562

This is my take on one of the offscreen moments I am probably the most pissed was not shown.  :smile

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 21 2012 on  08:02 PM
What about a "what if" fanfic showing how things would have turned out if Littlefoot's mom had survived.
I don't want to spoil too much, but I'm actually planning on doing just that. :)
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I had a bunch of ideas running around in my mind, but I won't be getting to any of these unless I finish Revenge III first, which is proving to be quite difficult for me because of college work.

I think the biggest one was a backstory on my character Zaine. I have revealed a few things about what had happened to him before coming to the Great Valley, but I've been thinking a lot about what else could have happened. I think I could come up with a great story around it.

Another one I thought of was around an RP I started a long time ago, but never finished. It involved a second stone of cold fire, only this time the stone was real with magic powers. Again, this story included my character Zaine, as it did in the RP, as well as GVG's character Longtail. We actually got kind of far in the RP and I have a cool idea for how it ends.

The only other two were crossover fics. I had thought briefly about doing a LBT X Sonic crossover, mainly because I love Sonic the Hedgehog and thought I could do something cool with it. The other being a LBT X Terminator crossover, this one being a little more farfetched in it's plot.

Those were the main four I could think of.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jan 20 2012 on  08:24 PM
That sounds interesting, Chronicler, but I'll wait and see if anyone else wants to do it first. :DD
I'm planning to give the idea to someone else, anyway. The problem is that I feel like my options are for either a good writer that's rarely around, or a writer that can get it done quickly but the quality is not that great. (I mean no offense to anyone here.)

I like some of the other idea mentioned here. I think talking about ideas that may never become a real story shows that we all have the potential to write a good fanfic.

As you may know by now, I'm working on a series of LBT/Bionicle crossover fanfics. I'm planning for a total of six stories for the whole series, and I'm currently on the second one. Clearly, it's taking a long time, so it will likely be my only solo project. Anyway, and old idea I had for the third story in this series would have involved the gang turning into Toa. Unlike any other that came before, they have a more dinosaur "raptor-like" body shape than being humanoid, but they would still have elemental powers and mask powers. I've long since abandoned this idea, considering to be rather far-fetched and ridiculous. I now have something else in mind for the third story that will make it quite an epic.

- Berix

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I'll say "unused" because I don't think I'll ever do it.

It's based on my silly little idea that the two Rainbow Faces are The Doctor and some companion (from BBC's Doctor Who), and that some Dalek survivors of the Last Great Time War were blasted into the age of the Dinosaurs, whereupon they were "exterminated" quite well.

And with those two together, it makes quite an interesting concept XD !

Stone of Cold Fire is Tardis. Blowing up was all part of Chameleon Circuit.
"You see, it did have great power all along."
"It's like a cave..."
"IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE D: !"

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Not really an idea, but just something I wanna talk about.

I just really like that my main fanfic is a TV show of sorts. It means that it's not constrained to just one idea. Whenever I get a fanfic idea, I usually think of a way to make an episode out of it, unless it's just too far out to really fit in (Like that movie script I'm working on. It just would never work in the realm of the show) I really like that I get to try out a lot of different ideas with my fanfic. Some of them turn out great. Some of them turn out crap, but I'm fine with that. I don't mind trying out some ideas that are a little on the crazy side, such as Ducky turning evil for an episode. XD It just makes it more fun to write.

Ah, another idea I don't see myself ever writing. It was basically to have the Great Valley take on some more human characteristics. Sharpteeth and flatteeth live together in the valley, but they aren't equal. The sharpteeth treat the flatteeth like cattle. They don't talk to eachother, even thought they live together. The flatteeth are born into this, and are thus domesticated into this. The flatteeth don't really fear the sharpteeth that much, because the sharpteeth will only kill and eat them when their old enough. The sharpteeth allow young to grow up, and some of them to mate and reproduce and such, and only kill what they need to. It's been going on for generations, so it's all the flatteeth there know. The story in this would be of Littlefoot and the Gang finding Chomper's egg, and hatching it themselves. Chomper would grow up to learn the flattooth language, and eventually would help the Gang get out of the valley.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
This is once I finish Twilight Valley, which is f---ing hard because of college:

MLP:FiM Ideas -

1.) A high octane "Humans-In-Equestria"/"Mane-Six-On-Earth" story that starts off kind of fluffy and then transitions into an interdimensional battle with Nightmare Moon and Discord (and possibly some evil scientists) as the villains... There will be gunplay and magic and it will be in both Equestria and Earth.

2.) A gritty pure MLP urban thriller about the Mane Six stumbling upon a smuggling operation in Bridlehem (pun on Bethlehem) and they have to stop it.

3.) A science fiction story based on this comment from Youtube:

Anyone agrees that ep.1 ends with Luna surprise attack on the capital and ep.2 is about a deep strike led by Twilight Sparkle deep into the enemy territory in order to activate the hidden nuclear silo and fire the nuclear warheads called "The Elements of Harmony" into the Luna's main command battleship, The Nightmare Moon?

Though I may replace the Elements of Harmony as a nuke with the space based laser system H.A.R.M.O.N.Y.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, it's been forever since I was on this forum...

I can really, *really* relate with this thread, as some of you already know...I really wish I'd actually finished my fic, but one of two obstacles always impeded my path:

1) I could never get the plot or dialogue to match what I'd think up while brainstorming.

and

2)I didn't have much time after a year or so, as my life accelerated to ever-increasing paces.

I guess another factor might have been the community. Not that anyone was really a jerk or anything...Well, at least, no one I met here. I just kept reading some of the other fanfics, and for some reason, I just wasn't feeling that the pursuit of my story was all that important. It didn't seem like it belonged with the rest of the content, and it probably didn't help that my writing proficiency and understanding was still evolving at a much more rapid rate than at present.

I honestly do wish I'd finished it, but the fact that I still receive positive comments and reviews of what I did post today is nice...I'd at least like to post a summary of what I was thinking might happen, if anyone was interested. The rest of A Jedi's Destiny would have probably veered more towards the Star Wars side of the equation, so I'm not sure if many here would have actually been interested in it. Still, I suppose it'd be better than just leaving it as it is.

Sorry about this post, I just decided to pop on here, and this thread title got me thinking.

Back to the regular thread...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a couple of ideas that are still live but on the backburner :lol.  Here are mine:

*I really did not like how "The Amazing Threehorn Girl" ended.  The Gang never apologized to Cera after all that happened (after all it was Petrie who started the rumor), and this fanfic I have in mind would make it so they're in a situation that causes them to make up ;).

*Another one I have in mind is when the Gang are almost adults and are reaching mating age.  Someone close to Cera becomes ill, and it will take something more powerful than the Nightflower to cure this ailment.  Having just been in an argument with Littlefoot and basically being told she's not a nice person, Cera sneaks off on her own to make things right and save her loved one's life.  Of course, the others eventually find out what's going on and follow after her.  Along the way, she meets a male threehorn her age who knows the land better and offers to help her the whole way.  Even though the two don't show it right away, they eventually reveal their feelings for each other.  Cera then asks the male threehorn to return to the Great Valley with her and meet her family.  Along the way, they run into the others, and Littlefoot and Cera make up.  I won't give away much of any more spoilers, but the story does end along the lines of Cera and the male threehorn being spouses/mates and having their first child(ren).  I don't typically write love stories, but my closet hopeless romantic self can't be contained and love is in the air this time :lol.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I know I've been terrible with updating my LBT Fantasy/Adventure sequel "BOSE2" (work load has been almost insurmountable at times I just wanna spend my free time asleep), but I do have this niggling thought at the back of my mind for creating a more "purer" LBT adventure story (i.e. away of the formula I've been using for my other stories). Ideas and scenes have popping in and out of my mind but I'm kinda hoping it will manifest into something a bit bigger as I finish BOSE. I've even planned to put myself forward for any co-writing work if anyone would take me on board but as of yet, til life priorities get sorted, I can't really commit myself to another project if I haven't even finished what's already on my plate...update on BOSE 2 coming soon guys...promise! :D

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm certainly interested in co-writing fanfictions. (In fact, I'm currently working on one such fanfic right now, with fellow GoF member, karkovice.) Progress on my series of LBT/Bionicle crossover fanfics has slowed down so much that I'm pretty much calling it my only solo project (mostly because I knew from the start that I'd never find anyone as interested in the two fandoms as I am). By working with multiple authors, I can more easily work on more than one fanfic at a time.

Littlefoot1616, although I'd be interested in your offer, I worry that it may not work out very well. Like you, I have ideas, but not enough time to write them out. (Though considering your writing style, I might as well end up writing the basics and let you fill in the details.) Let me know what you think about the possibility of us working together on a fanifction.

Vonboy, you make a good point about how you have things set up so that you can use many different ideas. I happen to have a few you might be interested in. I'll send you a PM later when I can find time to do so.

- Berix

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Ya know, there are some scenes in my past stories that I wanna rewrite. Such as the reunion between Pterano and Devon towards the end of Lost in a Forest. Instead of reuniting in front of all those dinosaurs at the Stone Arch, Pterano follows Devon to a nice and cozy cave, that just happened to be his. And so he's all like "What are you doing in my cave?"

Of course it scares the living crap outta Devon. Then he realizes it was his beloved father, and he rushes into his arms almost knocking him over. But they did end up spinning and then Pterano dropped to his knees, ending up with Devon in his lap. They hug like that for a long time, then they go racing, fishing, stargazing and whatever. Then they return to the cave, falling asleep in eachother's arms.  :wub  :wub  :wub

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! I love their relationship. :wub
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've got another idea. This one could be considered to be in the humor category. Basically, the gang watches "The Land Before Time" and, as it is playing, they occasionally say a few things about what they are seeing and hearing. Pretty much a commentary of the original movie by the gang of five themselves (or maybe even the gang of seven, to make things interesting :lol ).

- Berix

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, basically like MST3K? sounds like a pretty funny idea. :DD
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)