The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 57247

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
quick Throwback thingy today (well, it's Friday, 5:45 am but this still counts as a thursday, okay? ^^)

3 Littlefoot and Cera (lineart only)

old one
This was really just a lineart I didn't dare to colour at the time. I'm not sure which version even looks better, the one I just made or the old one... definitely needed to make it very light in order to kill the squares at the back of the paper I was drawing on... why on earth was I drawing on such a paper?  :sducky
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
quick Throwback thingy today (well, it's Friday, 5:45 am but this still counts as a thursday, okay? ^^)
You keep saying Throwback thingy when I expect you to say Throwback Thursday. It's currently 11pm where I'm at so I'll count it. :lol

I like how Littlefoot was done in this picture. The lines are a little rough but the face and expression is well done. Cera's face is a little wonky but I've mentioned before that Cera's face is difficult to draw well and I would run into the same problems when I first tried drawing her as you have here. Despite your original doubts about the log I think it's not too bad. The outer edge is pretty good and I think it would just need some more shading in the middle parts.

Though it seems the more I want to learn, the harder it gets
That only makes sense though. Early mistakes are easy to correct and show improvement on while more advanced tricks take more time to get good at.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with what Flathead said. The overall quality of the picture is quite low but the drawing itself is mostly well done. Littlefoot's expression is quite nice and looks genuine but Cera as a whole looks pretty odd. Not only is her face strange but the body as well. :huh: I don't know the problems with drawing her but Littlefoot looks much better here.  :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You keep saying Throwback thingy when I expect you to say Throwback Thursday. It's currently 11pm where I'm at so I'll count it. dino_laugh.gif
Yes, I do mean the famous #TBT Throwback Thursday, I'm just skilled at doing it on Friday mornings because there were a lot of other things to take care of yesterday :D

I like how Littlefoot was done in this picture. The lines are a little rough but the face and expression is well done. Cera's face is a little wonky but I've mentioned before that Cera's face is difficult to draw well and I would run into the same problems when I first tried drawing her as you have here. Despite your original doubts about the log I think it's not too bad. The outer edge is pretty good and I think it would just need some more shading in the middle parts.
Yeah, I don't think I got Cera 100% right there but Littlefoot seemed alright to me. As for the log, it is indeed some shading that would have greatly improved the drawing though shading is something I still don't really know how to do even today  :sducky

That only makes sense though. Early mistakes are easy to correct and show improvement on while more advanced tricks take more time to get good at.
Yeah. You see, I just really lack some really basic art theory and it's neither fun nor easy to work o that. I want to finish more drawings but, at the same time, I need to study some stuff (like how to do shading or perspective etc.). It clashes a lot  :sducky

I agree with what Flathead said. The overall quality of the picture is quite low but the drawing itself is mostly well done. Littlefoot's expression is quite nice and looks genuine but Cera as a whole looks pretty odd. Not only is her face strange but the body as well. huh.gif I don't know the problems with drawing her but Littlefoot looks much better here.  smile.gif
It's a good thing this is just an old drawing. Still great that you offer some constructive critism ^^spike As I said to Flathead, yeah, Cera seems a bit off. Got to check the original screenshot to see how much I got her wrong, hehe.

By the way, I'm not sure when I'll upload the next drawing. It is finished but it's the last one I have that is finished and I'm not sure when I'll get to colour the next ones because I'm still uncertain about a few of my next sketches  :unsure:

Would anybody mind if I posted them? Could really need some advice here and there, I guess  <_<

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Cera might be one of the hardest characters to draw. Although, I like it; still, Littlefoot looks to be a bit easier to draw.

Upload the next drawing if you want; I don't mind; I would like to see what it looks like.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As for the log, it is indeed some shading that would have greatly improved the drawing though shading is something I still don't really know how to do even today
I made that sound easier than it actually can be. My only advice would be to try and find a scene from the later movies that have some shading on the characters and imitate that. By doing that you might get a better understanding of where shading might naturally occur. The only other thing I know is that you pick an angle that a light source may be coming from (though it doesn't have to be shown) and figure out where the light would be obstructed.

Yeah. You see, I just really lack some really basic art theory and it's neither fun nor easy to work o that. I want to finish more drawings but, at the same time, I need to study some stuff (like how to do shading or perspective etc.). It clashes a lot
This kinda relates to what I was saying above. I would just look for examples that you would want to draw that has some of those things. That's how I practiced shading for my Spinosaurus.

Would anybody mind if I posted them? Could really need some advice here and there, I guess
Yea if you're uncertain than I'll gladly take a look.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Time for a new drawing as well as a double throwback friday morning because I skipped last week :lol

new drawing first, it is... who guessed it? Right, Spiky :p

Lineart

Coloured:

Poor Spike just can't be happy without Ducky. :(

This drawing is special in a way because I actually revisited my old style of doing the lineart (thicker lines but not pure black because I'm using a black coloured pencil as opposed to B pencils). I'm not sure why but I like it quite a bit :D Might do it more often but not sure yet...

I've also got to say I tried a different brand of pencils here and the dark green is just perfect for Spike! Finally I have a green that's got the right shade of green, allowing me to use the one I usually use for the darker parts now. That's certainly an improvement :yes

Hope you like the drawing ;)

And now let's revisit two more of my old works ^^spike

old version hard to believe it's the same drawing, huh?

Well, I think this drawing shaped me in a way. Using this as my avatar here for a long time, I got my nickname eventually. The most evil swimmer :p

old version
The editing was so poor on the old drawing :p Now with a better editing software and much more experience, I can do much better, yep, yep, yep!

I think I also recall colouring this while lying in my bed... what was I thinking?!  :crazy

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's actually a really nice picture! :)  Two things especially catch my eye: Spike's expression and the coloring. His expression looks really genuine and I quite like the limp look you did with his right eye (in the picture). Also, the coloring is done very well and it looks really smooth! Overall, good job with this picture! :DD Also, it's good to see those older pictures as there were a lot of things done right even back then. However, Ducky seems somewhat angular especially in the last one.  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Just wish I could have scanned Spike, it looks better IRL but I think I got the best out of what I have :)

Yeah, these two older ones weren't perfect obviously :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like the style of using the black coloring pencil for the lineart. It looks good and stands out more with the picture fully colored. The one thing I noticed with Spike's expression is that he has a slight smile on the one side. It kinda gives him a sad but forced smile look (like when being tried to be cheered up) if you just look at the one side of his face, at least for me anyways. It's hard to notice when looking at his whole expression.

The two Ducky drawings are nice and you did a pretty good job at drawing her fists in the first one. They can be difficult to get right sometimes.

I think I also recall colouring this while lying in my bed... what was I thinking?!
I actually like doing that myself, generally at night before going to bed.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks! :lol

Hmm, that smile certainly wasn't intended. This is just how the corner of his mouth was drawn in the scene in LBT 7 so I stuck with it  :unsure:

When colouring, I need to sit on my desk. My hand's not very steady when I draw on my bed (though it's not exactly steady there to begin with) :p

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'm always late for everything!

Aww, poor Spike needs a hug. I love the art piece you made of Spike! It looks absolutely flawless!

Also, I love those Ducky pictures high quality updates! It makes your art pieces shine brighter and stands out! Not to mention your art gets more better and more awesome as time passes! You keep on improving and your art is becoming more and more amazing! In other words, I like it!

Keep on being awesome, buddy!

nicholas1998

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello there, Ducky123. My name is Nicholas1998 on this site. Call me Nick. Are you Friends with Nahla from Australia?

I don not know if you take requests. Do you think you can ask Nahla's permission to make a prequel to Descendants of the Mountains?

The story just focuses on Littlefoot and his thoughts as an egg and as a hatchling and being raised by Jenna and Bron and His Grandparents.

I would love to ask Nahla again for My 20th birthday in 2018, But she is very busy.

I will reward you with helping you with the story's plot.

If you say yes, I will give you the plot. If you do not want to, that's okay.

I love to read your work.

Nicholas1998

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
You again? (sorry but it was kinda necessary)

I don't think she is even around much, let alone write stories for a fan. And we already know a Nick here, so Nicholas should stay.
And uh, reward? I'm not sure how you could reward Ducky...
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just because I don't post here doesn't mean I'm not drawing. I've been drawing a lot more than before to be perfectly honest, but almost no LBT stuff, haha. Well, now I finally have something to show off.  :smile

So, I just got a graphic tablet for digital drawing for 80Ä and decided to test it! It took many miracles for this drawing to work out at all, and I'd like to give a big shout-out to Flathead, zero-point and DarkHououmon for providing the advice and encouragement to start this in the first place! You guys rock! :)littlefoot

This is my entry for the fanart prompt challenge by the way. It shows Ducky asking Petrie for a dance on ice and Petrie is a liiiiittle anxious about that (or just blushing because he has a crush? I'll leave that up to you to decide ;) )

Wintery-themed  ^^spike
done within the deadline  ^^spike
anatomy  :sducky  :sducky  :sducky  :sducky  :sducky
colouring  ^^spike
background  :bolt

Well, I hope you like it, any advice on how to make the anatomy look correct would be amazing  :angel

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Congrats with having tablet now!
Awaiting for new pictures of your!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well yeah, this isn't the strongest picture we've seen from you but it's still pretty nice with decent colors and a sweet idea. However, the points you mentioned were ... weak as are the faces. I don't know how to give you advice with this but I know you'll get better with digital drawing the more you do it. Still, it's nice to see more LBT stuff from you and I hope you're not giving up on it by a long shot! :)

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
You'll surely get into digital drawing, and it's certainly not a bad start, either. Good luck! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm happy to see someone else join in on this prompt and I'm glad I was able to help you out with Ducky's face. It was good practice for myself as well :smile

or just blushing because he has a crush?
Wh-what!? Me have to hold her hands!?  :oops

I said before that I like Petrie's expression and overall Petrie is drawn pretty good. One thing is that his fur around his neck is drawn over his arm.

One thing for Ducky I want to mention is her lower part of her mouth. She has a darker red spot usually to show the back of the mouth but that wouldn't be visible since she is partially looking "into" the page. The tongue also seems to point almost "out" of the page and to the right as well as start in the middle of the mouth. To help get an idea of how it might look, if you can understand how her back crest is pointing, the tongue would be facing in the opposite direction.

It's a cool idea I'm impressed you managed to get it done in such a short time. I agree that it's nice to see more LBT artwork from you. Keep it up!

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh my goodness she’s so cute  :!  great job!
8 years with TGOF :yum