The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wimbledon

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
As I write these two are playing their 95th game of the fifth set. Incredible stuff; anyone else watching them?
EDIT: 100th...
EDIT2: 59 - 59 games in the final set, and the match has just been suspended due to bad light. Going into a third day tomorrow.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it is truly amazing. I play and teach tennis and this is something I cxould not do. TEN HOURS? I would have lost abpout 8 hours before.. or won.. depemding on my opponent.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
It was amazing that sheer endurance and determination was what kept them going and I think, the right person (Isner) won.  

I didn't watch the tennis yesterday as I was on a aeroplane..but I am sad to see that Jankovic...and Henin are out...and Roddick....

-Federer...of course...is through...
-I thought Hewit played well, especially in regards to his previous injuries and recovering from two hip operations.  He did well to go against the serbian player, who's name I can't recall at the moment....
-The match between Roddick and Lu..was impressive.  The tie breaker...not as nail biting as the match between Isner and Mahut, was still interesting to watch.  Lu was a powerful player.  
-And Nadal...is through.  
-As for Murray.....

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't really watch much of the women's tennis but Serena Williams and Vera Zvonareva are to meet in the final.

As for the men's singles...wow..the Quaterfinals yesterday...I am in shock...Federer..I thought he would go through but he's out.  

The semis will be interesting...Murray Vs Nadal and Djokovic Vs Berdych (the Czech player who knocked out Federer)....so that would be pretty interesting to watch....

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm...seem to be posting to myself here.:p

Well, seems as though Nadal has won again.
Serena won the women's singles.

I was shocked with Federer going out at the quaters...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nadal has now won 8 majors before 25. only federer, Sampras and Bjorg have done that previously, Nadal is now the 4th to do so.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Which is pretty impressive.
However it is his second win at Wimbledon.:)