The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[VO] Voice-over Main Discussion Topic

Ducky123 · 178 · 34956

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
If no one's taken it, I'd give either Littlefoot or Petrie a go (given the choice, I'd go for Littlefoot). Probably won't sound anything like the originals but hey, I'll give it a shot.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: MurMur,Jun 27 2013 on  06:09 PM
But what if someone doesn't have Skype? :)
You can still post here, don't worry! :) Anything important will still be said in this topic for everyone to follow.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Re-uploaded scene 1 and uploaded scene 2 to Vimeo:

1:
https://vimeo.com/69384972
2:
https://vimeo.com/69384859

PS: Scene 2 was done less professionally, but if you guys still find it sounding ok I will continue this way. It saves me lots of time.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, there's no doubt that scene 2 sound worse than scene 1 where wasn't any issues I think while the second one indeed sounds less professional... I don't know if we can hear the difference at all because the voices (hopefully) will be louder than the soundtrack in the background. You're doing this, Iris... If you'd rather like to stick to the unprofessional way I won't say no but the professional more time needing way sounds better... I won't decide yet. What about the others??
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If it turns out to sounds horrible, I can always try to do certain scenes the way I did in the first scene. :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Then you keep doing it like scene 2 and if it sounds terrible with the dubbing you'd do certain scenes like scene 1? Sounds like a plan ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's cool Zimmy :)

BTW: No action from me doesn't mean this is dead :) I have some problems with my recording equipment and there's so much to do even though I have summer holidays now <_<

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, I've recently realised I may not be able to comply. I don't think I have the right equipment. At the very least I don't know how to operate it.  :cry

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you have a laptop you most likely have a microphone built into it. If you have a headset with a microphone that most likely works even better :) I will make a little guide later on which will show you how to easily record with any microphone.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, a guide would be great :wow Having some problems myself.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The grandparents have a ton of lines in the movies. Don't know where you got that from.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Indeed but we were only talking about the Original movie :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Us admins playing around with scene 2:

https://vimeo.com/72227282

With bloopers:

https://vimeo.com/72227502

Little explanation for the bloopers one:

We recorded this in several sessions. Once you get to the 'have you seen the great valley?' part, and we start laughing really hard.... Well, let's just say I was staring Littlefoot straight in the eyes, turning my neck like a reaaaaaal loooooongneck. :P:

PS: It may still be processing, cus Vimeo is a *bleep*service <3

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha :DD

Funny yet well-done!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Gotta admit, even for just larking about, that was great fun! :DD Suppose I need to pull my finger out and actually do it for real next time. :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
yeah... I feel a little guilty because I haven't really done anything for this project in a while... that and I still need to search for my recording equipment which I haven't used in ages so its whereabouts is unknown :(

Sorry for my inactivity :oops

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No worries! I'll get a video up soon explaining how to best take care of the recording.