The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mafia

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My 2,000th post! :DD

So I know a long time ago this was attempted, but never got off the ground. Anyway, I'd like to try this game again. It's a pretty simple but fun game involving a number of players. There are "mafia", "innocents", a "doctor", and a "detective." Each role a player gets assigned is secret, and roles must not be revealed to other players (except the mafia will know who each other are).

Role Breakdown:

Mafia: These players will vote to "kill" a player each "night" of the game. Their goal is to reduce player characters to less than their own number. If the number of innocents remaining drops below the number of mafia, the mafia win.

Innocents: Every other player in the game is an innocent. One of them will get "killed" each "night" by the mafia. In the "day" phase of the game, the innocents will publicly vote on who to lynch in an attempt to stop the mafia. If all mafia members are lynched, the innocents win. But chances are they might end up killing some of their own along the way. :p

Detective: The detective can ask the moderator each night about the role of a specific player. The moderator will tell them that role, but the catch is, the detective can't come out and say that they're the detective. They can only vote along with the rest of the innocents during the lynching phase and hope the rest of the innocents go along with them if they did indeed find out a mafia member.

Doctor: The doctor has the power to save one member each night. The doctor doesn't know who's mafia and who's not, but each night will vote to protect one player from death. If the mafia target this member during that night, their attempted assassination fails, and the player survives.

Mafia votes, detective inquiries, and doctor saves will all be done via PM to the moderator. I'll probably take moderator the first time around, and if we get through a successful game, I'd be willing to step down, let someone else be moderator, and join in the next game!

The game is divided into two phases: night and day. At night, the mafia vote to kill one player, the doctor votes to protect one player, and the detective asks the moderator about the role of one player. During the day, the mafia's victim is revealed, and all the players (mafia included) vote publicly to "lynch" a player they feel is the mafia (with the mafia of course voting to lynch another innocent). Once a player dies, their role is revealed to the rest of the players.

I think I'm gonna need around ten for an effective and fun game, but more are certainly welcome. If I can get ten, then there's going to be three mafia starting out. Roles will be randomly assigned by the game's moderator. I think the moderator can also write out some nice descriptive passages too to enhance gameplay about the events taking place in the game.

So yeah! Anyone up for this?

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great! :) We'll see if I can get enough players, as that's the downside to this game, is it usually requires a bigger crowd. :p

Players:

Bushwacked

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Murder in the disco" as this is known in Germany :lol Count me in!
Inactive, probably forever.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
really? That's what they call it over there? Ha! That's awesome! :DD

OK great! Welcome aboard!

Players:

Bushwacked
Ducky123

(runner up)