The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Rustam

Rustam · 11 · 1934

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
I'm open to your questions.  :wave
Forever in the past.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
How did you become a fan of Land Before Time?

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
I've talked about this here.
Forever in the past.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Did you write or try to write fanfictions? (especially about LBT universe)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
I wrote a lot of fanfiction. Topics for which I write fanfics:
-Digimon (3)
-Pokemon (3)
-Amazing World of Gumball (1)
-Bleach (1)
-Monster Hunter (2)
-The Elder Scrolls (1)
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1)
My biggest work at the moment is a collection of short stories called The Death Alphabet. This is a collection of horrors, the name of each of which begins with a certain letter of the alphabet. Also, I wrote a psychological story about a guy and his friend the little dragon who came from another world. And also, now I'm writing a long story about animals on the Wild West with the main character coyote. All the fanfics can be found in my diary Domiktoriel or on a Ficbook (Rustam Dreemurr). So far, I have not written a fanfic about LBT, but in the future I'll write it.  :yes
Forever in the past.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, another Monster Hunter fan? (the game certainly leaves enough open to be creative with a fanfiction) Whats your favorite weapon type to use and your favorite monster to hunt?

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
I decided to divide all weapons into five different categories depending on their effectiveness.

One star weapon
In this category I have included all shooting weapon. It is very discredited itself in the previous parts of the game. As you can see, I almost never even used it (actually I did, but only in training missions and in the demo version). The main disadvantage of this weapon is a very low attack power, which stretches the process of killing a monster in half or two. Accordingly, it is not very tempting for a half hour run around for a monster with a bow, when you can handle it with the sword in 15 minutes. Another flaw: protection, reduced by half. I do not know why the creators of the game did this, but the shooting weapon that require the player to approach the monster (such as a bowgun) closer, can prematurely bring the player to the grave.

Two stars weapon
Two stars get a hunting horn, a lance and an axe. I gave such a low assessment for their slowness. Horn and axe very slow down the movement of the player and do not have a block. Make them some kind of trick so that you do not have to drag the monster with the speed of a snail, it would be better. And with a lance in this game a separate story. Imagine, you do not need a lance in this game! In the Unite and the 3, his presence was justified, but things change and now the lance is completely replaced by a gunlance. I'm sorry, lance, you really helped me on a trip to the G-rank Tigrex in the Unite, but your time has passed.

Three stars weapon
I must admit, Generations have finally improved the sword and shield, as well as dual blades in such a way that they can be used normally. And even more: you can go with them on high-ranking monsters. Sharpen the blade with a special composition, increasing affinity, and go ahead - conquer the tropical thickets of the Jurassic park. :) Despite the seeming gentleness of the sword and shield, the monsters die very quickly. With S&S I went to high-ranking dinosaurs, with double swords to KechaWacha. Another three stars can be considered an old good stick with a beetle. I dealt with it with Seltas. But if you want to move on the game further and not be killed, you'll have to pay attention to the four-stars weapon.

Four stars weapon
Katana (long sword), hammer and charge blades. This weapon is well suited for further passage of high-ranking missions. The katana shreds, the hammer rolls over the monsters, and the charge blades is a mixture of the shield and the axe with two modes of action. Personally, I really like the hammer. In the first games of the series it was realy week, but to the Generatins they made a really powerful weapon. Yellow sharpening at the end of the game? So what? The main thing is that all the brains of monsters are knocked out! But the charge blades, although relatively new weapon, but capable of producing a series of deafening explosions, after which to hide the player from the counterattack of the monsters behind an impenetrable shield.

Five stars weapon
If there was a G-rank in the Generations, I would recommend a great sword and a gunlance to pass it. There is no G-rank in the Generations, but there are deviants with impenetrable skins. Therefore, only the universal great sword and gunlance can strike enough force to somehow touch them through the armor. And, importantly, both these weapons have a block, otherwise meeting with deviants would end very quickly. In the MH Unite and in the 3 both, the great sword and gunlance were the best weapons created to walk with them on the most difficult monsters: Rajang, Fatalis and Alatreon. In Generations, the effectiveness of these weapons has not disappeared anywhere. When the situation seems hopeless, think about the great sword and the gunlance - maybe they will help you go through the most difficult missions.
Forever in the past.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh man I didn't expect this much of a response!

I've largely left the ranged weapons untouched, I've never felt like it was fun. I don't like playing the hunting horn but I love it when I'm playing with a good user as those buffs are nice. I've sworn off long sword as I hate playing with long sword users that trip you all day long :lol. I use the hammer and great sword every once and a while for fun but I usually wait until endgame when I get a good set.

The 2 main weapons that I use are the charge blade and sword & shield. I've mained SnS since I started playing in Tri and I'm glad that it keeps getting buffed. I honestly feel like the SnS is broken in Generations. The oils are pretty huge temporary buffs. The stamina oil is extremely good to help KO monsters and mix that with a paralysis sword for some crazy support. Every SnS hunting art is also pretty darn good. I usually use striker but adept is very fun against monsters like Deviljho and Glavenous/Hellblade Glavenous.

Charge Blade was really fun once you get good at guard points. I admit it needed some nerfing in Generations but it's still fun to play. I've only used adept since it has the perfect guard to red shield. CB is really good against Tigrex since you can practically KO just off of perfect guarding his charge attacks.

A gunlance user? That's pretty cool. I don't see too many of them online. I fiddled around with the lance when I first started but I haven't gotten into the gunlance. I end up focusing on trying to upgrade a SnS of every element with a Tigrex CB and GS as backup so I don't really feel like working on others.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Have you seen Land Before Time 14?

*Sneak interrupts :taunttroll*

Yes, he did. He even made subtitle translation to Russian.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What is your favrouite Disney movie?