The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The worst-named business in history?

rhombus · 13 · 3036

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
While I was driving through Chicago on the way back from a job interview I saw, um... this...

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
:huh:  :o  :sducky
Oh... oh, my... Ahem. I see... Huh, well... Uh. I wish I had something clever to say to this, but anything I tried could not compare to the image itself.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we should have gone with Benito instead.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Like I told Rhombus earlier. I honestly don't know whether I should be laughing at this or be disgusted by it. Both, I guess?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
....what? naming a funeral home after a dictator? I find that pretty disturbing.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, so there are laws as to what you can name a child.  Are there laws as to what you can name an establishment?  If not, it's no wonder the guy could get away with this.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 16 2017 on  03:10 PM
Okay, so there are laws as to what you can name a child.  Are there laws as to what you can name an establishment?  If not, it's no wonder the guy could get away with this.
It was named in the 1880s by an ancestor that was named Adolf.  That being said, you would imagine that they would have changed the name during World War 2.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I see nothing wrong with this.  Adolf is a normal name.  Now if they named it Adolf HITLER, then that would be bad.  But why should a business be forced to change it's name?  I'm sure they're very proud of their ancestor.  Just because some horrible dictator happened to share the same name doesn't mean that they should dishonor their ancestor and change the name of their business.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I couldn't stop laughing after I read this.  What a bad set of circumstance, and they weren't even trying to do this in poor taste either.  What were the chances of that happening when the business was created?

We could sing the "Bad Luck" song right now I suppose.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile