The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How will death be dealt with?

Serris · 65 · 6076

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
I just assumed that stat loss was losing the stats and having to do something to get them back after death

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One off topic question about the 3D characters. If they are to consist of one part only, does that mean that the characters will not show any motion during the game? If the character consists but of one lump I reckon it would be impossible to see them move their legs / wings and they would instead be shifted through the landscape like they had frozen in motion, wouldn't they?
Creating animations of character movements is probably a whole big story we haven't ever mentioned so far.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One off topic question about the 3D characters. If they are to consist of one part only, does that mean that the characters will not show any motion during the game? If the character consists but of one lump I reckon it would be impossible to see them move their legs / wings and they would instead be shifted through the landscape like they had frozen in motion, wouldn't they?
Creating animations of character movements is probably a whole big story we haven't ever mentioned so far
Actually yes, we could have complete animations if the characters are single objects. :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'm pretty sure the animation is done beforehand and plugged into the programming, so it would make sense that the model would still be read as a single object.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Mar 8 2009 on  03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the animation is done beforehand and plugged into the programming, so it would make sense that the model would still be read as a single object.
Right you are!