The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How does my character come across here?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
He's a Bothtooth.  His name is Ptero.  He can eat plants and meat but, because his overprotective and controlling Sharp Beak mother murdered his Leaf Eater Flyer dad, and told poor Ptero and Leaf Eaters killed him and took the body (note, Agatha is a Sharp Beak, so you can guess what Agatha REALLY did with the body.).  Ptero has it in for Leaf Eaters, but is sympathetic to other forms of life.  He prefers Tree Stars, but has been eating mostly meat as his mother'won't let him eat them.  He is quite good at hunting (his mother really wants him to be pack leader material.)  Ptero eats meat mostly.  

Considering that, other than Chomper eating Stinging Buzzers and Ruby eating that clam, no character presented as good has eaten another life form on screen, would Ptero could across as a villain to kids who had been seeing LBT's herbivore slant or would they understand that he is sweet?

Here's the incident below.  Ptero has just realized that not all Sharpteeth are good and has just escaped being a meal:

"PHEW! That was close!" said Ptero. He was glad to be away from the Sharptooth. He realized that not all Sharpteeth were good. His mother had neglected to tell him that interesting tidbit. He was glad not to be a meal.

And speaking of meals, he realized that he hadn't eaten all day. And there were no Tree Stars around. His stomach rumbled. This could be resolved only one way. Ptero sighed.

Below him, he saw a cute Purgatorius move below. An idea occurred to him. It was an idea though, that would not bode well for the furry critter below. Still,what else would he be able to do to fill his stomach at this time of night? But, he had just been hunted himself and knew how it felt now to be the one hunted. Also, to be quite frank, he found this whole hunting thing, especially what came at the end, to be quite messy indeed. Yet, he reasoned, the world was sad and awful like that. He would go hunting.

He took to the air, stalking his dinner. He began to sing.

"It's a hard and cruel world out there!

In this world there is many a scare!

Having just been hunted myself it seems so strange

That the position would now rearrange."

The animal moved, trying to shake the hunter. However, Ptero had been trained well by Agatha. The animal moved left and he followed it. It moved right, but it could not lose him.

Ptero continued to sing. "But then again, this world is sad.

Just think of what happened to my dad." He moved lower, his claws outstretched, ready to strike. "They killed him when I was but a small lad.

I'm doing this because I'm hungry, not because I'm bad! " sang Ptero, hoping that the creature would forgive him. He swooped down and missed. He moved after the critter, for if it got away, Ptero wouldn't eat.

" I certainly don't like to kill.

It definitely gives me no thrill.

I know that this business isn't neat

But hey I've got to eat!

When I'm not hunting, you'll find I'm really sweet. " sang Ptero. He once more went toward his prey.

"It's a hard and cruel world out there.

One can win only if one dares to dare.

I seems as if nobody could care.

You've got to try as hard as you can try

Or else you will certainly die.

And that's the truth, I'm not going to lie." Ptero continued to sing. He moved lower, his talons outstretched.

He sang to his prey, for he felt sorry for the poor critter. "I've got nothing against you.

This is something I just must do.

It's a hard and cruel world out there.

As you are no doubt surely aware.

It's not that I'm really fond of meat.

But goodness, you know I've got to eat!" He swooped and missed again. However, he didn't give up. He was going to get a meal before he went to sleep.

"I hope you can forgive

A guy who is forced to hunt to live.

Some may consider this to be rude

But I've got no Tree Stars for food!" he sang.

They both turned a corner. There was a canyon wall in front of the creature below. The animal was trapped. Ptero moved downward, elated. He would soon be having his dinner. The animal turned to look at him.

"I don't like the way things tend

But this is how it's going to end.

What nature makes me do is awful, I know.

But that's the way things go." sang Ptero. He landed next to the trapped animal. He could sense the dread in the poor creature and hated that he was the one causing it. Agatha might love the feeling of terror that her prey had in their final moments, but Ptero certainly didn't. He sighed. It would come to this again. What he hated most about being a Sharptooth. Something had to die so he could have a meal.

The animal stared right into his red eyes. It expressed shock, no doubt, it was expecting to see hunger and violence in them, but it saw pity and sorrow instead. However, it did see one thing that it dreaded: death.

Ptero licked his lips. The instinct he'd gotten from his mother made him want to act now. However, the kind nature of his father held him back, making sure he did this properly and with as much kindness as possible.

"Trust me, I don't find this fun.

I'll concede you had a good run.

And if I weren't so hungry, I'd have hoped that you'd won.

It's a hard and cruel world out there.

And there is nobody that it will spare.

One has trouble not falling into despair. " sang Ptero.

He grabbed the animal, who, in its last moments, had decided to be silent, knowing that whimpering would do it no good. Ptero grabbed the creature and held it against the canyon wall with his right claw. He could feel the animal's heart beat fast with terror and felt wretched when he looked at the look of horror in its eyes. He wanted to save it, yet, in a twist of irony, it was he that was going to be the one to destroy it. He was a merciful killer and wouldn't sink to biting into the creature while it was still alive, not when he had his talons to do the messy work.

"It's a hard and cruel world out there. Trust me, doing this is very hard for me to bear. I'd love to just let you go. But I'm afraid it can't be so." sang Ptero. The animal shut its eyes, knowing what was about to happen. Ptero did a quick scan of his surroundings. The canyon had no edible plants, he was getting tired, and his stomach was growling very hungrily. He truly had no choice.

"It's a hard and cruel world out there. It seems like one big nightmare! I know, it's just not fair." sang Ptero, finishing his song. He saw the animal cower and put its head behind its arms, shaking in fright, awaiting the stroke of death.

A tear fell from Ptero's eye. He couldn't bear to see the poor critter suffer in dread a moment longer. He had to end this once and for all! It was now time to do what a Sharptooth was forced to do to get food.

He let out a Pterodactylus victory cry. He swung his left claw forward, moving to make a quick end. He felt something wet hit him as he struck the creature. It was blood. The animal fell over, dead. Ptero sighed. Another poor beautiful critter had left the world so that he could remain on it.

He grabbed the corpse and took flight with it. He landed on a rock. He licked his lips. He opened his mouth. Dinnertime!