The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spoiler-free thoughts on Journey of the Brave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To me the movie hasn't grown on me. There are parts that where eh and a part of me is wondering why was this made? To me there was no point to make another movie. It was perfectly fine after the thirteenth movie.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really loved it. For me the movies started going downhill after Great Longneck Migration, then they went sharply uphill with Journey of the Brave. I hope this means the franchise is back from the dead and that JOTB is not going to be LBT's final death twitch.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never really bothered writing a full review of this movie and I mightn't ever do so. It's my least liked movie, not because it's worse than 13 (which it isn't, I'll give it that much praise) but because it had the potential to be good with some general changes in cast (Wild Arms *cough*, wherethehellisshorty *cough*) ) and didn't live up to that at all. Some scenes felt like a poor rendition of the first movies' feel, the sharpteeth were as dumb as ever (not that I care much about them) and... well, I don't know. At least they bothered to make another movie and I'm happy they did. The excitement about it while waiting was still really cool and I shall remember the feeling, not having felt such a thing before because I was too young to really have some anticipation for new movies. When I got into the films, LBT 8 was just out over here in germany, 9 came out at some point and I loved it but everything else came out when I had moved on to other things and there was little excitement about them (actually, I had the biggest excitement about them when I decided to rewatch the series in late 2011 and didn't remember what 10-13 were like :lol)

Well, it could have been so much better and I'll leave it there.
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that it was kind of a disappointment but we should remember that we had no right to expect anything great at this point. Universal came up with some kind of good plot and even if they wasted too much potential, I'd say some people judge the film too harshly. It was screwed up in many ways but it still was a stronger installment than many other sequels. I would have loved to see JOTB utilizing its full potential but it at least tried to do a more compelling plot than some films. Yes, it was a disappointment but I guess most people, myself included, put too much hopes on it. I still like the film even if it's somewhat painful knowing what it could have been.