The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cats & Dogs 2

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Anybody looking forward to the Cat & Dogs sequel next year?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I didn't even know there was a sequel. But to be honest, I didn't like the movie Cats and Dogs. I hate it when they stereotype dogs as good and cats as evil. :anger I just didn't like that film at all.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't really like this movie at all and I am a dog person. All though I liked Lou in that movie.

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel but yes I am looking forward for it I loved the first one but I must say it's taken them a long time to make a number 2.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Agreed. Like ratlady, I also hate it when they make the cats the bad guys. I'm waiting for a movie where we root for the cats and where the dogs are the villains.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I personally didn't like the first movie too much, but it was because I couldn't really get into the story all that much; not because of the stereotyping. Plus, from what I remember, it mainly only focused in one area and we only saw a small collection of cats and dogs. It could be that not all the cats were evil; just the ones we saw. And there are likely some evil dogs too, again we just don't see them.

To be honest, I found the concept to be interesting, at least when I saw the trailer. The idea of the two species not only just not getting along, but actually waging war against each other, was a unique concept, in my opinion, and was the reason for me seeing the movie in the first place, though it still disappointed me in the end.

As for cats being good and dogs being evil, I'm sure there was some story that was written that depicts this. I wouldn't really be surprised anyway. The closest thing I remember seeing to this is the movie Oliver and Company, where the main character is a kitten who was left abandoned I believe, and two of the main villains in the movie are dogs. It's not quite the same since there are good dogs in the movie that take in the kitten temporarily. And Oliver is the only cat character in the movie, I think.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Why do a sequel? The first film was very forgettable and wasn't even all that good. I also wish we'd get a villian from a kid's film that isn't just evil because "Evil rulz because good is dumb" (quote Spaceballs). Or at least add some depth to both the cats and the dogs. Maybe have some cats that are good and have some dogs that are evil like DarkHououmon said.

I'm sorry, I just don't think this will be good.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
There are movies that deserve a sequel and movies that don't. This movie does not deserve a sequel. The first movie was released a long time ago and was nothing special. Why a sequel would be made to this movie is beyond me. It makes me wonder why movie producers now a days are so stupid. :rolleyes: