The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An rp about cats

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As I've said multiple times, I'm sick of the whole "cats are bad" cliche. Well, I came up with an rp idea for a subversion of that trope.

In simplest terms, this rp is about house cats, and they can communicate to other animals, but humans can't understand them. The cats will not be the bad guys, for the most part, but we can have a bad cat or two, as well as a bad dog, bird, etc..

Since this rp is all OCs, if you are interested, please provide:

Character name:
Species: (Primarily cats encouraged)
Breed:

Hope some of you are interested!  :)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll give a few right now.

Name: Addy
Species: Cat
Breed: Persian
Age: (In human years, I don't know how long their lifespans are typically) 29
Personality: Generally easy to get along with, though she likes to act mean towards any mice that might get into her owner's house, though she only occasionally eats them. She's interested in books.

Name: Devil
Breed: Tabby
Personality: Despite his namesake (which was only given to him by his owner), Devil is a pretty nice cat and makes friends easily with other young cats in the neighborhood. His current goal in life is to get his paws on a rare brand of ice cream high up in his owner's pantry.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Woo! This sounds like my kind of RP. I am too tired of that whole 'cats are evil' thing, in truth, they're just lovable lumps that like to get attention. :D  Or at least my cats are anyways. I'll join in this, sounds cool. But what's going to happen exactly?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, the cats would assist in stopping some kind of crime in either the human or animal community (IE: burglars), and other ideas for adventures can be suggested.

Got any chars, LBTDiclonius?  :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, cool! The ideas sound good to me. :)  Characters, characters...hmmm....Yep I've got some, here they are!

Name: Nana
Breed: Ragdoll tabby cross. She also has a spot on her nose.
Personality: Feisty and adventurous. She can be a diva at times. Likes to get into trouble but when anyone hears the noise, comes running and sees her in the middle of it, she'll alway's put on a face that makes anyone's heart melt and forget their anger.

Name: Max
Species: Dog
Breed: German Shepard
Age: 2 years old. Considered around 18 to 20 in human years. (I took a guess with the age.)
Personality: Easy-going and relaxed, but loves to torment Nana, the cat he lives with. Like to sit and sleep at his owners feet and like to be petted.

Sorry, when the thought came to me about a cat and dog both being in the same house, and the dog was being mean to the cat, I just couldn't say no. :p  Those are my characters.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Added!

If we can get a few more people involved or a few more chars, I'd be ready to start.  :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool. Yeah, I'm ready to start once other people come in

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We could start now, maybe with some interaction between Nana, Devil, and Max.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm up for it. So your not adding Addy into this yet?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will, but she'll be off to the sidelines for the first few posts.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, I get it. yeah, I'mma bout ready to start this thing.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
so these are real cats not cartoon cats right?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I believe so, but you'll have to ask brekclub for more details about it, but as far as my understanding. Yes, the characters are real life animals.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
because if this were cartoons i could pick out a lot of cartoon cats to play..thanks
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: