The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 43794

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have to say, your artwork is very impressive. Not only is it in the spirit of the Land Before Time films, but the expressions are realistic, I'm a particular fan of how you color and shade, and the image really pops out at me as if it could walk off in that very instant. Well done.  :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, it looks like I'm behind on a couple of these. I like your one of Chomper and it's good to see some canon art from you. The one of Delta is also quite good as well. Looks like she's on a hunt.

Anyways, it's nice to see another member actively posting art around here!  :)littlefoot

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wonderful drawings there :DD I really like how you colour these!
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for the feedback and kind words, everyone!!   :Mo Here’s a drawing of a Suchomimus cleaning herself in a river while looking out for a snack. She also may or may not be another Across The Seasons character   :lol

Also, I have no idea how to draw clouds :p

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:11:37 PM by jassy »
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah the all the bluish grey colours work very well in the picture and the anatomy here is the best so far with no real issues. As for clouds, I have no idea either (and it's really intimidating drawing traditionally) but they look pretty good here! I think an issue with the clouds on the right is that they look like they're lower then all of the other clouds instead of looking like they're further into the background as they should be getting smaller the further out they are.

The biggest thing I notice however is that she seems to be sticking her hands into a wall of water instead of a pool, which is shown by how the water line on her arm is practically perpendicular with the ripple lines also appearing almost circular, which also gives the impression that her arms are perpendicular with the water plane. (I hope that makes sense. I always tend to think mathematical when drawing)

The ripples are done really well though and the reflections off of the grass is a nice detail. Great job once again!  :)littlefoot

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Can't ad anything new except = this time proportions seems perfect!!!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Another nice one, jassy! Again, I love the feeling of the picture and the character looks quite cool too! However, I have to agree with Flathead that the pond's perspective isn't perfect and it also looks like to me like her tail isn't positioned quite correctly. Other than that, nice job and keep these drawings coming! :^^spike

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, everyone. I’m really glad you all liked it!  :DD Here’s another drawing of a canon character, this time of my favorite, Mo the opthalmosaurus   :Mo

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:10:54 PM by jassy »

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Really cool!
Mo's curious look is fantastic!
I especially like the underwater terrain! The light reflections are very nice to look at!

Mo's body seems a little too short to me, but that could also be because of the perspective.

A very beautiful picture! Thanks for it!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with Levente on Mo's expression and the look of the underwater world but it is true that his body looks far too small here. But the overall look of the drawing is really sweet so good job as usual. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Same with the others, there are two styles of water I typically see. One is bright, pastel-like bright blue underwater ala Little Mermaid and the other is the muted, dark blue that symbolizes the murky depths and true scope of the waves, so I'm going to have to concur after that analysis and state that I love the color palette for the scene.

Oh, and Mo sticks out because of his bright colors but I think that's the point. :P
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't have too much to add as everyone else has pretty much said it already, though I will point out that his lower jaw extends passed his upper jaw. Nevertheless, it's still a nice drawing. Great job once again!  :)littlefoot

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
dang I really need to get better at replying,,, but thank you so much for your feedback, everyone!! :DD I decided to revamp Nimble’s design and make her more accurate to the way she’s described in ATS (a story that I wrote, lol) so here she is!!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:50:52 PM by jassy »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah very nice. I feel like the characters are getting better and better and the background is nice and simple (I think the clouds look better then before as well. As far as proportions, I think the only thing that looks off here is that the tail looks a little thin (and almost becomes paper thin about 3/4 of the way). Also it seems that her right arm is missing? Other then that Nimble is looking great!

One last thing I want to mention is with the background itself. The horizon line should always be straight (unless it's so high up the curvature of the Earth would be noticeable). If you look on the right hand side the water level is lower then on the left.

Anyways, great job once again! :DD

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I really like the style!

I especially like the water, the reflection makes it look beautiful.
As Flathead770 has already mentioned, is this odd horizon intended? In my opinion, the effect it creates is great! Together with the water and the land, it reminds me of the Earth of what it looks like as a planet. The colors match it.

I also find the shadows beautiful. The clouds therefore seem to be round. The hills on the side are also rounded off by it.

That' s about the background.

To be honest, I like Nimble more here than in the last picture. I think that's more because of the pose than to the drawing technique. Both are good, but if I had to decide for the better one, I would choose the newer one.
The missing right hand doesn't really bother me. I also noticed it, but I try to imagine that it is hidden by the left hand. Maybe it helps to hint at it a little so that it doesn't seem to be missing.

Apart from that, I have to say that this picture is my personal favorite!   :)

I'm looking forward to more!

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ah very nice. I feel like the characters are getting better and better and the background is nice and simple (I think the clouds look better then before as well. As far as proportions, I think the only thing that looks off here is that the tail looks a little thin (and almost becomes paper thin about 3/4 of the way). Also it seems that her right arm is missing? Other then that Nimble is looking great!

One last thing I want to mention is with the background itself. The horizon line should always be straight (unless it's so high up the curvature of the Earth would be noticeable). If you look on the right hand side the water level is lower then on the left.

Anyways, great job once again! :DD

Thank you, Flathead! Tbh your feedback helps me a lot, so it’s always great to hear from you :DD I have to agree with you about the tail, I didn’t realize how off it looked until I posted the picture, lol  :oops

I really like the style!

I especially like the water, the reflection makes it look beautiful.
As Flathead770 has already mentioned, is this odd horizon intended? In my opinion, the effect it creates is great! Together with the water and the land, it reminds me of the Earth of what it looks like as a planet. The colors match it.

I also find the shadows beautiful. The clouds therefore seem to be round. The hills on the side are also rounded off by it.

That' s about the background.

To be honest, I like Nimble more here than in the last picture. I think that's more because of the pose than to the drawing technique. Both are good, but if I had to decide for the better one, I would choose the newer one.
The missing right hand doesn't really bother me. I also noticed it, but I try to imagine that it is hidden by the left hand. Maybe it helps to hint at it a little so that it doesn't seem to be missing.

Apart from that, I have to say that this picture is my personal favorite!   :)

I'm looking forward to more!

Thank you so much! In all honesty, I prefer this version of Nimble too :p but to answer your question, the weird horizon was not intended, but I’m glad you liked the picture!!

I drew some more today, so here’s a picture of Crim (you guessed it, another Across The Seasons character, one of the main ones) featuring a much younger and more innocent version of herself having made her first successful kill  :SmugSpike

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:49:44 PM by jassy »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For some reason I can't open those links you post (phone, no access to my laptop atm)
Inactive, probably forever.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm...that’s weird, since I’m on my phone too and I’m able to open them,,, but I went back and embedded all the pictures I posted since your last comment (but for some reason only the recent ones show up??) @Ducky123

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This drawing rocks! I really love the shading, the colours, and especially the details of here eye, it looks fantastic! Good work! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that the overall look of these drawings is a major improvement since the last ones. Your backgrounds look quite cool and they create a pretty nice environment in your pictures. I especially love the great hues in the sky in your last drawing and the whole background is truly impressive. Also, both of the characters have well-done expressions as always. However, I get the feeling both sharpteeth have a bit too small bodies and especially the last one looks a bit angular (I'm not sure if that's the right word) but otherwise, great job with these ones! :)