The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF voice actors

Malte279 · 66 · 14491

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Sep 15 2008 on  10:34 AM
Need we forget that a number of the characters' voices are actually voiced by the same person. Characters like Spike and Ducky's Mum as well as Petrie's are both voiced by Tress MacNeille and they sound relatively similar. In instances like this it may not be completely necessary to have 2 difference voices for these characters. Given excellent talents such as Rob Paulsen who voices quite a few characters who sound completely different (from Spike to Mr Clubtail) it will be more likely that we will require more contributors to the audio play.
That¥s right. But first let¥s see how many members want to join anyway, and let¥s wait for the plot and the script. After that we can see if there are enough characters to play for each person, or at least one.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aye, as I mentioned in another thread I think we ought to settle the question of the script before tackling that of the voices.
While it would be possible, of course, to let people imitated characters' lines from the movies, I don't think this would be the better approach over having the script first. If we do the recording and voice picking before we have a proper script ready, I'm afraid there might easily be a decrease of interest in the project in case it takes a longer time for the scripts to be finished after the choosing of the voices. If we can continue the recording right after the selecting of the voices I think there is less of a risk that the "impetus of enthusiasm" for the project may be lost due to long waiting times.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True.  It may be best to wait till sometime after a script is accepted and in hand.  That may sustain interest.  Very good points.  And with the script we can show some lines so everyone can see, not everyone has seen the movies, apart from, I'd guess, the first movie.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, when the recording starts, I will be happy to help with what I can

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Hey, sorry I'm replying to this so late!
Just wanted to say that this looks like a fantastic project, and if you guys are still short on female voices I'd be happy to lend mine.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Explorer,Jan 5 2009 on  05:02 PM
That's more than enough examples for people to work on a small script themselves, too, don't you think? 
It should be I hope.  There are other movies maybe like that where one maybe can say this little scene could be happening in x movie between this and this scene, or one could try, like I mentioned, what happens for the next 5 or 10 minutes after this movie ends, or right before it begins.  Just as a starting point.

Just wanted to say that this looks like a fantastic project, and if you guys are still short on female voices I'd be happy to lend mine. 

Thanks for your interest, that should help quite a bit, since I guess most voice actors will be male.  Any particular characters you think you'd like to do, just out of curiosity.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think we only have one female voice(me) so it'd be awesome if you wanted to join up! :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would double the available female voices.   :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi :)
I took the liberty to clip some posts from the script thread as they fitted more into the voice acting thread, which (same as several other threads) may have been invisible to many unless the setting was to show all messages rather than only those which have seen activity within the last 30 days.

Everyone is hearty welcome to join the project and your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated :yes
Once we have the script settled we can start with the voice recordings. I guess we should start creating a list of everyone willing to do voice acting.
Also note that depending on the number of participants it may be that not everyone may be in the first play (depending on the number of roles in the first script which is not yet selected), but this is likely to be just the first of several projects to come in which more voices will be needed :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thanks Malte! I didn't see this thread, so that's probably what happened.

Thanks for your interest, that should help quite a bit, since I guess most voice actors will be male.  Any particular characters you think you'd like to do, just out of curiosity.

Well, my voice might be good for Cera. I also might be able to play Grandma Longneck. I think I have a relatively broad range, but I guess I won't know until I try :) Ducky would probably be a stretch, but again I'm willing to try anyone. As far as actual voice acting skill goes, I've had a bit of experience in the past, but I can't say I'm an expert, haha. Can't wait to hear all of the voice work everyone comes up with!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess when the time comes we should make auditions for everyone on every character (yes, that means the males will also have to try imitating the female characters and vice versa :p). Sometimes LBT characters have been spoken by actors of the other gender.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 31 2009 on  04:52 PM
I guess when the time comes we should make auditions for everyone on every character (yes, that means the males will also have to try imitating the female characters and vice versa :p). Sometimes LBT characters have been spoken by actors of the other gender.
Yeah, and its quite frequent. But its especially frequent when women voice male character.

Also, count me in for the auditions. I'll give it a try.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Though I"m very shy at the idea I may give it a try, if I can figure out how to record my voice and if my cheap mike that someone gave me is good enough or if I have to buy one.  

It's good that we may have 2 female voices.  There should be enough for all the characters, maybe including the ones who have a line or 2 and are in just a scene here and there like Mr. Clubtail tends to be.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm in, I don't have a mic but can use some recording software.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know I'm late in asking, but I was hoping I could join in too.

This is gonna sound strange, but I was hoping I could do Spike's voice. I know he doesn't talk, but he does have his grunts. I'd be happy doing any other voice if you're looking for someone else.

inlerah

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i'v always been interested in voice acting so would i be able to help out.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still more than happy to lend my voice if needed. Again, I can't really produce a good child voice, but I could certainly provide an adult voice, or a young adult character if one exists.