The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why does youtube take down everything LBT?

Guest · 17 · 2993

Bruton the Iguanodon

Can someone please explain? I hate having to go search around on the net for these films, and go into complicated, hard to find sites. Why can't they just be on youtube?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Because Universal is worried they're not gonna profit, in my opinion.  They're so pushy about copyright I think it makes the series further suffer, and they are only punishing themselves.  Heck, they didn't even give the series the respect it and its fans deserve with either a proper ending or an improved continuance.

And, did I mention they support SOPA aka Internet censorship in the Land of the Free <_<?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
It is illegal to upload full movies on YouTube without the permission of the publisher. It's an infringement of copyright laws and a big no-no to publishers.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Full movies I can understand, but things like fan-made music videos?  I can't understand why they would be so uptight about fan-made projects :unsure:.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 24 2012 on  12:42 AM
Can someone please explain? I hate having to go search around on the net for these films, and go into complicated, hard to find sites. Why can't they just be on youtube?
As already stated, it's illegal to upload full movies online. If the copyright holders do it, that's one thing. Some of them do that. But others don't, and they don't like it when someone else does it. They want money.

If you really want to watch LBT, then you can buy them online somewhere. I'm sure there's a place that still sells all the LBT movies. eBay is one of the best places to start looking.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 24 2012 on  06:49 AM
If you really want to watch LBT, then you can buy them online somewhere. I'm sure there's a place that still sells all the LBT movies. eBay is one of the best places to start looking.
Or if you don't mind getting for pennies (plus shipping) VHS tapes, you could go to Amazon.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jan 24 2012 on  02:00 AM
Full movies I can understand, but things like fan-made music videos?  I can't understand why they would be so uptight about fan-made projects :unsure:.
The problem with music videos it they blur the line between what is considered copyright infringement and what is protected under fair use. The intention for fair use when it was first created was probably for a few seconds  or so of copyright material to be allowed, not three or four minutes worth.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Only one answer that everyone is saying...COPYRIGHT!!  Universal, although I hate to say it, has the right to copyright their own work.  Putting on movies won't allow them to profit so that's why they take it down.

Bruton the Iguanodon

No! I'm not gonna waste money on movies I should be able to easily access online. I don't want them thatbadly! What if I just want to get an image from the films? Can't you understand why I'd be a little upset?!!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Actually no. You're anger is not understandable nor rational in this situation.

What you need to understand is that uploading full movies on ANY website without prior permission from the publisher is ILLEGAL. It is a FELONY and you can be fined a lot of money for doing so, even worse. People are not going to risk their well being and commit an illegal act because you want them to.

Buying the movies is not really that bad. You can find all of the movies on DVD at Amazon, ALL of them for under 20 dollars each. And you could get free shipping with Amazon Prime. That's not a waste of money at all. It's actually really convenient.

The best place to look for screenshots of the movies is Google. You can't find the image you are looking for? Then I'm sorry but I can't help you out. I can tell you that if you start pestering people about getting clips or screenshots from these movies, you will get on their nerves really quickly.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Oh come on!!

I have reason to be upset. You can watch practically anything online yet I can't watch. I don't want to waste a single cent that I might have to wait days to get, only just to check a small part of, on something I could just get instantly online for free.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm sorry, but with an entire web to search you'd think there would be someplce you could watch it!  <_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 25 2012 on  01:13 AM
Oh come on!!

I have reason to be upset. You can watch practically anything online yet I can't watch. I don't want to waste a single cent that I might have to wait days to get, only just to check a small part of, on something I could just get instantly online for free.
Um no. No you don't have a good reason to be upset.

You seem to fail to understand the legal issues involved with watching stuff online. If the copyright owners decide to put the movies online, that's fine. But you cannot ignore the legal issues that could potentially be pressed against people who upload the movies illegally, without permission.

To provide an example, there was a member on YT who had all the movies uploaded. What happened? His account was banned. And Pokeplayer here also used to upload full movies as well (correct me if I'm wrong, Poke; it's been quite a while), and what happened? He got banned.

So you're pretty much risking someone's account getting shut down and the possibility of them being arrested (a mother was charged $150,000 per song she downloaded illegally, for example) all because you are so determined to watch the movies for free that you don't want to spend a little money on the movies. That's pretty selfish, in my opinion.

The movies cost around $10-$20, actually you could probably find them cheaper than that. It would be better if you just bought them yourself. They aren't that expensive, and it is an easier option than trying to find someone willing to upload the movies (and thus risk getting in trouble).

So there is your choice right there, Bruton. You can either buy the movies yourself (or have someone buy them for you), you could maybe find someone you know who has the movies who is willing to let you have it, or you can just let it go. While I have all the movies, I am not going to upload them online; I'm not risking getting kicked out of Youtube just because you aren't willing to buy the movies.

Ultimately, what you must understand, Bruton, is that you can't always get everything in life for free; you have to spend money sometimes. Uploading LBT movies online is illegal unless the copyright holders give permission. It doesn't matter if you don't think that's fair or not. It's illegal, period.

So no, you don't have a good reason to be upset over not finding these movies for free. There's a reason they're not available for free (Universal has no interest in just giving away LBT movies for free). And until they give permission for the movies to be uploaded online for free (which I doubt), there is little chance you'll find a place that'll always have LBT movies available for watch.

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Perhaps we can reach some sort of compromise. Bruton, you say you are only searching for one specific scene right? Well, tell us what that scene is and perhaps we can get you that short scene for you to see instead of the whole movie.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile

No, you have no legitimate reason to be upset. You are not being singled out here. You are not the only person in the entire world that wishes the franchise was available online. WE ALL wish the franchise was available online. It would be really nice for us to be able to watch them online. At the same time, we also understand what is legal and what is illegal, which you clearly do not understand. UPLOADING ANYTHING WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE PUBLISHER IS ILLEGAL! It is stealing and you can go to jail for it. Do you really want people to go to jail just so you can watch a few movies on the Internet? And if you think spending a little money to buy these movies is a waste, then you shouldn't even bother looking. You should want the movies because you are a fan of the franchise.

I'm sorry, but with an entire web to search you'd think there would be someplce you could watch it!

Yes, the Internet is huge, but it's not without it's limits. You realize that uploading movies without the publisher's permission is a form of PIRACY, which is ILLEGAL. This is exactly the kind of stuff SOPA is meant to put an end to, even at the risk of censoring chunks of the Internet that aren't necessarily bad. Why do you think Megaupload was shut down? It was a legitimate file-sharing website that people took advantage of and used to download movies and TV episodes, which is ILLEGAL.

I know it sucks, but you have to understand that what you are asking for is ILLEGAL, so nobody is going to risk their well being to do something ILLEGAL for you because you are too lazy and cheap to go buy the movies yourself.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think Bruton now will realize what he needs to do if he wants to watch LBT stuff.

Amazon Link to LBT DVDs - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?u...and+before+time

With so many going for less than $10, this is not a large expense if you are indeed a fan and wish to have all of them in your collection.  Star Wars fans have it rough. ;)