The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Odd Hobbies

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Skimming through art sites and some forums, I discovered some individuals that have done alternate history and totally made-up worlds and nations nearly from scratch.  Although they put more emphasis on an almost made-from-scratch military, they also put a huge amount of details into government structure, economy, culture, technology, geography, politics, history, and conflicts.

All of a sudden, now I'm outlining my own original nation, with focuses on modern and 1940's eras.  I've created my country's monarchy and government, my armed forces, my currency and economy, and I'm working on map, geography, architecture, and technology.  As for languages, I'm using French as an equivalent.

Anyone else into strange hobbies like this?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Speaking of which, I have just discovered NationStates.net, a site where you can build your own country.  And this place has over 8,000 different countries!

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
I recommend researching Micronations, such as the Republic of Molossia. It's basically what you sound like you're doing, taken up to 11

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I did research of that, and it's surprising that there were more out there than I thought.

But as for what I've been doing, it's more for fictional story purposes.  But I never expected to be putting so much detail into the functions of this nation.