The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Laserdisc of the Original Movie.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here it is, a Laserdisc of the Original Movie, completely framed.

I can't believe I actually have a Laserdisc. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a very cute picture of Littlefoot.  I wonder if it is any different then the dvd version of the movie or if both are exactly the same.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jul 14 2010 on  07:20 PM
That is a very cute picture of Littlefoot.  I wonder if it is any different then the dvd version of the movie or if both are exactly the same.
Well, this is actually a "Collector's Edition" of the movie, thus it having the picture of Baby Littlefoot.  The original version is completely different from this.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well since you've got all this money to spend on this LBT stuff, maybe you should throw $50 towards a better camera. :p You can get a 10mp camera for about $50 nowadays.  But anyways, wow.  I had no idea that LBT came out on LaserDisk.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jul 14 2010 on  08:20 PM
If it's the CAV version then it supposedly has some uncut version stills as extras... the movie should be the same. Or maybe it has some extra footage if the claim in the wiki article is true.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 14 2010 on  07:56 PM
Well since you've got all this money to spend on this LBT stuff, maybe you should throw $50 towards a better camera. :p You can get a 10mp camera for about $50 nowadays.  But anyways, wow.  I had no idea that LBT came out on LaserDisk.
Actually, that's more or less due to me not holding the camera still when taking the picture.  This happens a lot for me.  For some reason, when I'm holding a camera, my hands have a mind of their own.

EDIT: And yeah, a number of the movies come out on Laserdisc.  Last I recall, The Land Before Time 5 was the last one on Laserdisc, though I could be wrong.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  Big chance to get them, and there are some great deals!

http://dvd.shop.ebay.com/Laserdisc-/381/i....d=p3286.c0.m282

Nearly all of it is "Buy It Now", so good luck! :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dang.  $10 with shipping for LBT 5 on LaserDisk???  It's VERY tempting, but I've got a ton of other things I'd rather spend the $10 on.  If my family wasn't in such a tough financial bind right now though, I think I'd get it.  It's just waaaaaaay too kicka$$. :lol

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pikkutassu,Jul 14 2010 on  08:59 PM
If it's the CAV version then it supposedly has some uncut version stills as extras... the movie should be the same. Or maybe it has some extra footage if the claim in the wiki article is true.
Hold on; are you saying that there might be footage and/or bonus materials on the laserdisc that isn't on the DVD? :! Can you confirm whether or not this is true, pokeplayer? If it is true, then I just might try to get my hands on a copy.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Killua

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Do you have a player to watch it? It'd be cool to hear what sort of extras it might have. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I do not have a player to confirm it, but let me check the back for details.  Hang on!

Okay, aside from the movie itself, it has the following.

Theatrical Trailer

Production notes and biographical profiles on the film's producers

Publicity photographs taken from the film.

-----------

So, if anything, it probably has pictures of the missing scenes, but I can't be certain.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe you should go get a player Pokeplayer.  It would be SO kicka$$ if the movie had those deleted scenes! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 14 2010 on  10:20 PM
Maybe you should go get a player Pokeplayer.  It would be SO kicka$$ if the movie had those deleted scenes! :D
At this point, I'd best wait before buying a Laserdisc Player.  I spent WAY too much for the Animation Cels and getting the frames for them.

If anything, earliest I'll get a player for it is August.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure how hard it will be to get a laserdisc player nowadays.  Maybe some models they sell can play both laserdisc and dvd's.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jul 14 2010 on  10:44 PM
Quote from: Pikkutassu,Jul 14 2010 on  08:59 PM
Hold on; are you saying that there might be footage and/or bonus materials on the laserdisc that isn't on the DVD? :! Can you confirm whether or not this is true, pokeplayer? If it is true, then I just might try to get my hands on a copy.
Yep if it's the CAV version then it has bonus materials that aren't on the DVD. And who knows if it has this footage:

Quote from: Wikipedia on  
However, brief portions of the scene which involved the mother's neck and back being bitten have since been edited out of home video releases and television airings, though this footage was present both in the theatrical cut and on earlier VHS copies of the film.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You'd probably have to go to eBay whenever you plan on getting the laserdisc player. I did see some relatively cheaper ones, around $19-$26.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sorry; I'm not familiar with what “CAV” means. :oops Can you explain it to me, please? And how can I tell whether the laserdisc copy I am buying is a CAV version or not?

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jul 15 2010 on  02:45 PM
I'm sorry; I'm not familiar with what “CAV” means. :oops Can you explain it to me, please? And how can I tell whether the laserdisc copy I am buying is a CAV version or not?
There are CLV and CAV versions released... you would think it's marked in the cover. pokeplayer has the CAV version obviously since it has the bonus features.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So…the difference between CAV and CLV is that a CAV disc has bonus features, while a CLV is just the movie on a disc?