The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Anndi and Aria video!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, so this video confirms we have a new voice for Chomper.  That's good to know.  Now for something else I want to talk about that was mentioned in the video.

You know, with what they said, I feel the way Universal is doing things now may one day hurt them greatly.  They mentioned that the studios no longer have them together and work off of one another.  I can understand them going away from that for convenience sake, but I feel there could be a lack of quality because of it.  Characters in a movie are meant to work off of one another.  They are meant to make a scene play out in a certain way.  When you have the actors together, it makes it easier to pull off.  The actors get a sense of what they are supposed to do and how to respond better.  However, when you don't have them together, the actors don't get that kind of connection and the character in that scene can come off bland.  It's especially bothersome if there's no one there to tell them HOW to do it.

I fear it might come back to bite them one day and I hope it's not with the new LBT movie.  I would really hate it if that were the case.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jan 28 2016 on  07:55 PM
Okay, so this video confirms we have a new voice for Chomper.  That's good to know.  Now for something else I want to talk about that was mentioned in the video.

You know, with what they said, I feel the way Universal is doing things now may one day hurt them greatly.  They mentioned that the studios no longer have them together and work off of one another.  I can understand them going away from that for convenience sake, but I feel there could be a lack of quality because of it.  Characters in a movie are meant to work off of one another.  They are meant to make a scene play out in a certain way.  When you have the actors together, it makes it easier to pull off.  The actors get a sense of what they are supposed to do and how to respond better.  However, when you don't have them together, the actors don't get that kind of connection and the character in that scene can come off bland.  It's especially bothersome if there's no one there to tell them HOW to do it.

I fear it might come back to bite them one day and I hope it's not with the new LBT movie.  I would really hate it if that were the case.
Well, I've heard of Family Guy's voice actors recording alone, so I was a little surprised to see that wasn't always how it was done. But really, the old way is how it should be done!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jan 28 2016 on  07:55 PM

That sounds pretty alarming. I really do hope this isn't a problem we'll see down the road.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
When there's problems with actor's schedules, or when you have a guest star, you often record the lines on their own. However, this is only done as a last resort, actors chemestry isn't something that happens from night to day, you need a few weeks/days of working together just to get the scenes right, especially in VO.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, this is a cool find!  Lol it's funny to actually see the faces and hear the voices at the same time.  

I forgot Aria is an opera singer.  That's awesome, she definitely has the pitch range for it :yes.  I love singing opera and other styles of singing, and it's my hope to get back into a choir one day :D.

Anndi's statement about not copying other VO's is true.  I learned that when I was in theatre.  Hopefully, that will calm down any negative feelings about her not being a voice clone of Candace Hutson :yes.  I think these two ladies have done an awesome job thus far.  Voice acting is not easy.

And pokeplayer, what you said is a harsh reality for those in many career paths.  While technology has been awesome in advancing human life, I also fear it may one day leave many unemployed and lacking social skills due to lack of human contact.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
One thing I liked in that video is that they said that if they were to be recast, there'd be no hard feelings and won't be upset as that's life for actors . Thought that's  most likely never gonna happen..  As by the looks of things Aria and Anndi are going to voice Ducky and Cera until the day they die.   :rolleyes

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 30 2016 on  12:48 PM
One thing I liked in that video is that they said that if they were to be recast, there'd be no hard feelings and won't be upset as that's life for actors . Thought that's  most likely never gonna happen..  As by the looks of things Aria and Anndi are going to voice Ducky and Cera until the day they die.   :rolleyes
I wouldn't argue against that, then. I love their performances and am looking forward to hearing their voices more down the road (that is, if LBT XIV does well enough to warrant sequels). :D