The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Scenes where you can see they cutted the scenesout

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, everybody on the GoF knows that the original movie was cutted( if you don't you're a bad LBT-Fan   :lol: Though I didn't know it until I joined  <_< ).
There are a few scenes where you can clearly see that they were cutted.

The most obvious one (and the bestest known cutted scene) is probably the scene where Littlefoot (originally) respectively the whole Gang (cutted version) find the Great Valley...
After talking to his mother as a cloud spirit, Littlefoot (his friends aren't there because originally Littlefoot was meant to find the GV on his own before the scene setting at the Burning Mountains would have been shown) followed the sky puffies that look like Littlefoot's Mother. A ray of sunshine appeared in front of him, widening until the whole Valley would be in the sunlight. However, while this ray of sunshine widens (Littlefoot stands completely still) the Valley suddenly was completely in the sunshine (If you know what I mean :unsure:). Littlefoot suddenly starts to walk, then he is shown looking like this guy  :wow .
Then he calls his friends, all of them (i.e. Littlefoot as well) came out of this cave in which Ducky tries to lure the Sharptooth to follow her to the little lake before (another partly cutted scene btw :smile).
I think all of you remember the scene where the Gang stopped to run to look at the GV... There Littlefoot is running though he actually stands still the scene before..
So there you can obviously see that they cutted something :) and with some knowledge about these cutted scenes one can even explain things :yes

Anyway, I want to add something before I end my post... The lake in which the Sharptooth drowns could be seen when Littlefoots talks to the cloud looking like his mother and when the Gang (w/o Cera at first) were at the lake the cave (aka the entrance to the Great Valley/the cave I was refering to earlier in this post) could be seen as well  :huh:

I might add some screenshots in a few days( when depends on when I watch the Original again [watched it today so I noticed what I noticed ;) ] so likely not tomorrow :P:) Others can post them, too, though I prefer to add them to my post :DD

So do you know more scenes where one can (clearly) see that the producers cutted?
Inactive, probably forever.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Anyway, I want to add something before I end my post... The lake in which the Sharptooth drowns could be seen when Littlefoots talks to the cloud looking like his mother and when the Gang (w/o Cera at first) were at the lake the cave (aka the entrance to the Great Valley/the cave I was refering to earlier in this post) could be seen as well 

In addition to that, the promontory and the rock that they push onto Sharptooth's head are visible above the lake.

jesstripod@hotmail.com

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The scene where Littlefoot's Mother knocks Sharptooth down with her tail and they run away. Then the Earthquake suddenly hits.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I noticed in the scene were the gang all cuddle up and sleep together to keep warm, is when Cera cuddles up to Littlefoot she's one his left hand side. But then all of a sudden in the next shot Cera's in between Littlefoot and Spike...
I think that scene may have been trimmed a little...

I also think the silly tar monster scene (yeah I'm not a big fan of that scene but that's another story) was trimmed here and there. As a kid I used to have the LBT story book Friends in need, and one page had a screen shot that's not in the film of Cera with her head turned around and an angry look on her face after she slipped on a puddle of tar.
Also the tar seems to melt off Littlefoot and the others quite quickly as while their laughing their covered in it. Then when their calling for Cera to come back there's just a little bit of tar under their feet.
So yeah I'd put money on that scene have a few cuts or trims here and there....

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, that's possible. I'll take a closer look the next time I'm going to watch the original movie :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 13 2014 on  09:53 AM
I noticed in the scene were the gang all cuddle up and sleep together to keep warm, is when Cera cuddles up to Littlefoot she's one his left hand side. But then all of a sudden in the next shot Cera's in between Littlefoot and Spike...
I think that scene may have been trimmed a little...

I also think the silly tar monster scene (yeah I'm not a big fan of that scene but that's another story) was trimmed are and there. As a kid I used to have the LBT story book Friends in need, and one page had a screen shot that's not in the film of Cera with an angry look on her face after she slipped on some tar.
Also the tar seems to melt off Littlefoot and the other quite quickly as while their laughing their covered in it. Then when their calling for Cera to come back there's just a little bit of tar under their feet. And I noticed it's raining at the mouth of the cave....
So yeah I'd put money on that scene have a few cuts here and there....
It wasn't rain, I think it was the waterfall.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
speaking of that scene with Cera
found this in a old post

"The picture presented in "The land before time - The illustrated story" is a different one. This is what it says (no translation but English original this time):
"I knew it was you all along!" she said.
Littefoot grinned at her.
"You did?" said Ducky. "But you were screaming so loud."
"I was only acting," Cera shot back. "I wanted those scaly-skins to come come into the cave so I could attack them!"
"Nope, nope, nope," Ducky said shaking her head.
"Oh get out of my way!" Cera yelled. But as she tried to stalk out of the cave, she stuck to the tar monster.
"We really together now!" said Ducky, giggling.
"Yeah, Cera," said Littlefoot. "Now we have to stick together."
And the whole group loughed.
That made Cera madder than ever. Pulling herself free, she cried out, "Oh, shut up. I hate all of you! I don't ever want to see any of you again, ever!"
With that, she stomped out of the cave into the darkness. As she marched away her eyes filled with tears. She really didn't mean what she had said. It was just that her pride had been hurt. She looked around, half expecting them to come after her. But they didn't, and her heart sank a little.
A heavy rain started to fall, washing the tar off Littlefoot and the others. "Let her go," he said. "If she doesn't want to come back, there's nothing we can do." The others sadly had to agree.
"

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,Feb 19 2014 on  05:03 AM
speaking of that scene with Cera
found this in a old post

"The picture presented in "The land before time - The illustrated story" is a different one. This is what it says (no translation but English original this time):
"I knew it was you all along!" she said.
Littefoot grinned at her.
"You did?" said Ducky. "But you were screaming so loud."
"I was only acting," Cera shot back. "I wanted those scaly-skins to come come into the cave so I could attack them!"
"Nope, nope, nope," Ducky said shaking her head.
"Oh get out of my way!" Cera yelled. But as she tried to stalk out of the cave, she stuck to the tar monster.
"We really together now!" said Ducky, giggling.
"Yeah, Cera," said Littlefoot. "Now we have to stick together."
And the whole group .
That made Cera madder than ever. Pulling herself free, she cried out, "Oh, shut up. I hate all of you! I don't ever want to see any of you again, ever!"
With that, she stomped out of the cave into the darkness. As she marched away her eyes filled with tears. She really didn't mean what she had said. It was just that her pride had been hurt. She looked around, half expecting them to come after her. But they didn't, and her heart sank a little.
A heavy rain started to fall, washing the tar off Littlefoot and the others. "Let her go," he said. "If she doesn't want to come back, there's nothing we can do." The others sadly had to agree.
"
Gee,  that's pretty down beat, if that had been in the movie I would have hated that scene even more soo, and felt even more sorry for Cera. :( ...
Also that STICK together pun :rolleyes ... That's like something you'd hear in a 4kids or Saban show.
BTW May I ask which post that quote is originally from?

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I've noticed something too during this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfA9H-agDw

Go to 1:44, you see Sharptooth jumping on Littlefoot's mother. Then it switches to Littlefoot and Cera, and you can see the action going on in the shadows. Then, at 1:49, the "camera" position changes, but the angle doesn't one bit.

I think instead of removing that scene, they only showed a zoomed in part of that. The cut where the angle isn't changing seems kinda unnatural to me.

Also, I saved a screenshot:

Uhm Littlefoot...you alright? :D
No idea what this is supposed to mean though...probably a production error. Or maybe someone else has an idea.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It was most likely not zoomed in. The scene is drawn with too much detail to be just a zoomed-in portion of a bigger scene. Also, the angle of the camera does appear to change to me.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay, that is correct. Silly me...
But the cut still seems not natural to me. I'm sure that this is a sign of something missing. Could be just me though.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^The problem is the "Outcut scenes" topic. None of us can be completely sure what they actually saw or what they imagined under the topic's influence. :yes

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Mar 12 2014 on  05:01 PM
^The problem is the "Outcut scenes" topic. None of us can be completely sure what they actually saw or what they imagined under the topic's influence. :yes
Except this scene which I just randomly remembered, and later on by sheer luck found after typing "2" after the dinosaur in the URL to see if they had some pics left on the server from old sold items and yes there was  :p

http://www.animationsensations.com/img/dinosaur2.jpg