The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why did Littlefoot want to get rid of Sharptooth?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Considering that Sharptooth hadn't spotted them, why did Littlefoot decide to try and kill Sharptooth?  I mean, it was risky on their part.  And, it almost proved fatal too.  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure what his motivation was in the final release of the movie. It might have been an act of revenge. It might have been a defensive manuever to stop Sharptooth from tracking them down. But in the original version and in the novelization, since he found the Great Valley first, he feared that Sharptooth was getting dangerously close to the entrance and he simply wanted to stop him.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I say - stick with the book's version. It's the most logical and to be honest, Littlefoot hardly seems the vengeful type.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot realised Sharptooth was about to enter the Great Valley which is why he decided to get rid of him once and for all  ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Feb 13 2015 on  11:51 AM
I say - stick with the book's version. It's the most logical and to be honest, Littlefoot hardly seems the vengeful type.
What is the book version?  I'm unaware of this

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dashaque,Feb 16 2015 on  01:40 PM
What is the book version?  I'm unaware of this
Just check out DarkHououmon's post. It was the first reply in this topic. ;)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In the book, Sharptooth wasn't just hungry, he also wanted to kill Cera and Littlefoot for the injury to his eye.

He also seems to be eviller there and may like killing for more than just to get food.  He was near the Great Valley there and it said that he sniffed the air with evil joy or something when he was near the entrance to the Great Valley.  

The book also has some of the cut scenes, like where they are at some oasis and the creatures there are so selfish that they'd rather die of hunger and thirst than share with other kinds.  

I happened to have some of the books myself, but that was years and years ago, and I highly doubt I have them anymore.

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah I totally agree with Littlefoot and his friends wanting to stop him from getting into the Valley.
One can't help but imagine the monstrous atrocities he would've done there. After all, Sharptooth's like a dinosaur version of fricking Ridley

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know it's not exactly on topic, but shouldn't this be in the section for the original film?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure on that, as i'm not sure if that pertains to the theatrical release info or the entire original film.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I say both revenge, and not wanting him to get into the great valley. As said in the origanl cut Littlefoot had found the great valley by that point.

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Feb 16 2015 on  11:49 AM
Quote from: Dashaque,Feb 16 2015 on  01:40 PM
What is the book version?  I'm unaware of this
Just check out DarkHououmon's post. It was the first reply in this topic. ;)
Whoops, sorry, I just read "original version" in that... I should read more carefully.

In the book, Sharptooth wasn't just hungry, he also wanted to kill Cera and Littlefoot for the injury to his eye.
It took me the longest time too to realize he had a bad eye due to that scene where they hit him with the thorn bush too  :slap

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dashaque,Feb 17 2015 on  11:28 AM
It took me the longest time too to realize he had a bad eye due to that scene where they hit him with the thorn bush too  :slap
Well, actually - no: in the movie he keeps one eye closed even before the thornbush scene. :)