The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Okay, I seriously cannot get over this

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There's one scene in the first movie that I can't seem to ignore, no matter what I try.

It is where the gang is searching for food.  Petrie and Ducky both slip into the tiny creek.  Littlefoot then asks, "Do you smell something?"

And right here, Petrie answers, "I... I... I smell... I smell... I smell... hmm... Ducky!"

Then Ducky says, "You smell me?" and then she laughs.

Okay, I know it's meant to be funny and all, but I can't help but feel that something's wrong about it.

You guys know I'm crazy about this pairing, but this scene, I don't know about it.  Something just feels wrong here.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think you're thinking it over too much. It is meant as a humoristic scene, and probably has no other meaning.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What kind of responses are you looking for? What are you reading into that scene?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've watched that scene over and over again every time I watch that movie. I don't find anything odd about it. To me, it's just mindless humor.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't see anything from that scene but a funny humorous scene.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm... The more I think about it, the more I can't get anything beyond innocent humour out of the incident. :p  :lol

I'm afraid you've lost me on this, too, Pokeplayer. :p

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to say you're just wishfully thinking, PokePlayer, but I too join the others on being lost here :huh:.  I've always seen it as innocent humor :angel.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Eh? Where did you get that? Petrie smelled Ducky because she was literally right there on top of him while he was trying to discern the scent of food. That's it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not entirely sure what it is.  To be honest, I've always felt this way about the scene since I was young.  I know it's meant to be funny, okay?  But I've always had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind about it.

I don't know how else to explain it.  I really don't.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, I just rewatched the scene. The only thing of note aside from the humor is that her butt is right by his nose when he says he smells her.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Well, many (if not most) living things can pick up on the pheromones of other living things AND actually know it.  Pheromones give many living things, including humans, an added sense of identity.  Look at dogs, for example.  They sniff each other (and humans if given the chance :rolleyes) just to identify each other by their pheromones (and gross humans out, too :p).  Pheromones can be found in humans as well; only we're not aware that we actually pick up on pheromones ;).

So...perhaps Petrie was just pickin' up on Ducky's pheromones and identifying her by her scent :unsure:.  Or, she could've just slipped a silent-but-deadly :lol.

Bruton the Iguanodon

There's one scene in the first movie that I can't seem to ignore, no matter what I try.

It is where the gang is searching for food. Petrie and Ducky both slip into the tiny creek. Littlefoot then asks, "Do you smell something?"

And right here, Petrie answers, "I... I... I smell... I smell... I smell... hmm... Ducky!"

Then Ducky says, "You smell me?" and then she laughs.

Okay, I know it's meant to be funny and all, but I can't help but feel that something's wrong about it.

I loved LizardMan's reaction to this: "That's odd...I suddely got a weird...nostalgic feeling...like there was something important about that moment that I would remember later on..."

It's certainly funny. Maybe he just smelled her, or maybe he was getting a Ducky-vibe and had no clue what it meant.   :blink:

Anyways, a cute moment, espicialy 4 Ducky + Petrie shippers.  ;)

So...perhaps Petrie was just pickin' up on Ducky's pheromones and identifying her by her scent . Or, she could've just slipped a silent-but-deadly .

That woud be funny---both the first and last movies having fart jokes!!  :lol:

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I kinda agree with you.
Even when I was a little kid I found that scene quite awkward.
At first I thought they made a erm... Breaking wind joke.....
I wouldn't be laughing if someone told me they smelled me....
I showed this scene to a friend who hasn't seen the film and even he agreed that scene was awkward.
There are some other scenes in the 1st film I find quite awkward too, but I'd rather not go into that....