The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My new web projects

Petrie. · 10 · 1301

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
http://sites.google.com/site/mistmantlechronicles/  (not finished but I'm updating throughout the day)

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Mistmantle/index.php?act=idx

I felt about doing these things once I finished up the final book in the chronicles and discovered there is no web community at all for the series.  None!  It certainly disappointed me so I had some spare time today to get some things started online for the book series Mistmantle Chronicles.

As always, I'm looking for help on the site and the forums.  Please join and help me out if you'd like.  I'm willing to give you guys first dibs on staff as well because I know a lot of members here and that's always a good thing.  

Just think....this is how the GOF started out waaaaaay back when.  :yes   :exactly   I've no clue if all this will work out, but I'm willing to give it a try.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I wish you the best of luck with these projects :D

I hope they work out and become as successful as GOF

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Never even heard of the series.  Maybe it's not very popular? :unsure: I would think that I would have at least heard of it before.  But anyways, good luck with the new community.  I'd join but I have nothing to contribute as I've never even heard of the series before. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Thanks for the support, in any way possible. :)  You wouldn't really have to know the series to post around (and help it so I don't keep talking to myself). :p

The series isn't uber popular like Redwall.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay then.  I'll join. :D

EDIT:  Bah!  Don't do that!  When I registered and my name was in red, I freaked out 'cause I thought I was an admin!  I was like WTF?! :lol: Any particular reason for the color reversal?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Adam, you must have told me of these series before... They somehow ring a bell ;)

I'll join too :D

Edit: Yes, you must have recommended it to me sometime Adam. I just read the plot on wiki and I'm sure I've read the first book :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yes, Ive recommended the stories to some members here...notably any Redwall fans.  There's a chance the Redwall fans will like the series (though read my page on it) but its not a guarantee.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
EDIT: Bah! Don't do that! When I registered and my name was in red, I freaked out 'cause I thought I was an admin! I was like WTF?!  Any particular reason for the color reversal?

I like messing with your minds. :p :p  Actually its a shade of orange...no particular reason.  Its a different board, and if it succeeds, it may be a very different community.  Then if anyone comes here they're be like "wait a minute...." :p :p

Hope to see you guys around.  Every place has to start somewhere. :)  I'll pop you two on admin staff to help me out because I trust you both.  It'll be sort of like how we started here...the first to join were the staff members because I already knew who the individuals were.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll pop you two on admin staff to help me out because I trust you both.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not even qualified to be a member there, much less an admin.  But I'd be happy to help in any way possible.  If you don't mind me asking, what's your strategy for promotion?  I'll tell you this - no one wants to join an empty board.  Seeing as there are a lot of members here and the fact that not many of us have read the series, I'd suggest putting up general areas where we can post about things other than the series just to get the post counts up.

If they made a movie of the series, that would certainly help too.  I'll gladly watch a movie.  But if I have to sit down and read a novel, sorry but I don't have time for that at the moment.  I'm afraid that the only reason this board did so well is the overwhelming popularity of LBT and the fact that LBT is movie based, not book based.  I'm not trying to rain on your parade.  I'm just trying to give an objective overview of the situation.

Seeing the limited competition of your niche, I'm sure this new board could raise to the top of Google in no time with a little bit of cash (PM me for more details on that, as I'd hate to give away my methods publicly).The total cost would probably be less than $100 to get to be the first result on the first page of Google.  Of course this is only because of the limited competition of your niche.  The problem is the amount of people who have read the series and would be interested in joining a message board about it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ Already working on the other sections.  No point in making a lot of areas until there is more activity.  The board looks a lot like the GOF did when it first went online, and it will grow from there. :)  Right now its me and Iris posting so we're trying to make the place look busy.

I've no interest in the number one link on google.  I'd rather save it for the official website (even if it hasn't been updated in a while and doesn't work).  Give it a month and google usually gives good results to sites on their own servers.