The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Amazing Threehorn Girl

Chikara · 48 · 14198

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I seem to remeber as a kid watching some program regulary, and liking it, despite the fact that EVERY SINGLE EPISODE followed the same pattern. Even now, years later, I can recall it to mind if I try hard enough.

It reminds me of something Charlie Brooker once said, he was talking about some television program and commented about it was in some way comforting that some things never changed. It probably helps small children to introduce routine in TV, as it does with school and bed-times.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This episode has a lot of things I dislike
  • Adults are even more gullible than Petrie, BY FAR.
  • Bad songs... adults can't sing.
  • Overall annoying plot: Idea for this ep was just meh.
  • My Grandma is scarier than there bellydraggers:rolleyes
Sure there are things I actually enjoyed such as a few lines that are pretty funny but the negative points are stronger.
I don't bash this ep, I just don't like it... others may do like it.
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
This episode was almost as bad as the thirteenth movie. Ridiculous, by far the worst episode.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
hmm, it made me think - what episdoe is the worst for me?...
is there a thread for ranking episoes?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I don't think so. It's a good idea though.

One of my friends called this episode "The Abysmal Threehorn Girl".
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
     Where to start, how about "The Amazing Threehorn Girl Song?" I hated that song for the fact that it used the tune to "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond."

I thought that Cera seemed a little off. She usually sees a chance to get praise and attention and will take it. Instead, the others inflate Cera's ego to the point of which she makes up a story.

I did like the episode, though. I like the way they have Littlefoot and Ruby be the only logical ones who knew the true story. I'm torn between giving this episode 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5.

Edit: Sorry, I'm discussing the wrong episode. This is my review for "Search for the Skycolor Stones."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:28:33 PM by Little Bro »
Go Chomper!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Before I saw this episode, I'd heard that it was apparently supposed to be dreadful. But I was skeptical of that. How bad could it be, really? Besides, it's a Cera-centric episode. That's always a plus. Needless to say, I was looking forward to this one.

Well... now that I have seen it, I can see why it has that reputation...

I thought it was going to be a solid episode at first. We have a great opening chase scene with the belly draggers, and then Cera getting separated from her friends and getting trapped. I'd even go so far as to say that this is one of the best opening scenes out of all the episodes.

And then it all fell apart from there...

As soon as Cera's story began to take off, it became painfully obvious what the episode's moral was going to be. I could see it coming a mile away. Not that "lying is bad" is a bad lesson in itself. But it is often a predictable and overused lesson in fiction and entertainment. And it tends to fall victim to the "liar revealed" trope, which I am generally not a fan of as it is. However, that alone isn't where my issue lies.

What really bugged me was the way they handled the lesson here. Because Cera actually was being honest and humble about the whole thing at first. It was her friends and the rest of the Great Valley residents who blew things out of proportion and went out of their way to gush over her and heap endless praise upon her, even before Cera herself began to exaggerate any of the details.

And then of course once the inevitable reveal happens, everyone gets all mad at her, even though they themselves were just as responsible for the story getting so out of hand. At the very least, Topsy eventually owned up to his part in it. But it still bothered me how Cera got so badly punished for something that wasn't even really her fault, and nobody else ever got called out for how ridiculous they were being. And then the episode abruptly ends, and it didn't feel like there was any sort of proper resolution either. Why did Cera have to single-handedly take the blame for all of that? It doesn't make sense to get so mad at someone for being egocentric if you were the one responsible for building up their ego to that level in the first place. Yeesh!

And even if Cera really had done all those amazing things, why on Earth did everyone else react with such over-the-top awe? I mean, sure, scaring off those predators and protecting the Great Valley is a heroic thing to do. But Cera would hardly have been the first. We've seen countless examples in the series of characters fighting off sharpteeth and saving the day. Why does everyone suddenly decide to start treating Cera like she's some sort of god? No-one ever reacted like that in the past, even when a character did do something heroic. So why now? It kinda made the Great Valley residents look like a bunch of idiots. Ironic that it was really Cera who was the most level-headed character in this episode.

So, with all that said, was there anything I did enjoy? Actually, yes, there were a few positives. I liked the "Amazing Threehorn Girl" song. As ridiculous of a plot as this was, we at least got a catchy song out of it. We also get a pretty good fight scene at the end when Topsy charges in to save Cera from the belly draggers. Lastly, the final scene between Cera and Topsy was touching, when he tells her that she'll always be amazing to him no matter what. If nothing else, it's little moments like these that have made Topsy grow on me.

But alas, none of that was enough to save the rest of the episode. This one was a complete dud.

3/10

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
honestly for once I'd go easy on Cera for this one.

At the begining of the episode, she tried to tell everyone of what really happened, but the gang pushed her into making up a story.

Even her father, who litterally tried to push her into lieing when Cera was about to tell her story to the whole valley.

She didn't get a chance to tell what really happened. And when everyone cept interupting her she just went along with it, and eventually got carried away.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0