The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Kraken's Gallery!

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello, everyone! My name is BabidiKrakenGuard, and welcome to Kraken's Gallery!  :D

Here, you will find many an oddity that I've cooked up, ranging from the little things done on MSPaint, to manips made with GIMP.

... Mostly, you will find a lot of the Horned King from The Black Cauldron, because I have an extremely difficult time drawing things without robes.
Although I have gotten a bit better at it.

... Hmm; that sounds a bit odd.  :blink:

... Whatever!  :DD

Let us begin! And I do hope you enjoy!
Please take in mind, there may be spoilers...!

-----

Kraken Guard
This is probably my most recent picture.
This is Kraken Guard, my main pirate of Pirates of the Caribbean Online!
... I can't quite say that this is the best sprite I've made, but I'm fairly proud with how she has turned out.  :DD

~~~~~

Gurgi
This is Gurgi, from Walt Disney's 25th Animated Feature, The Black Cauldron

~~~~~

-----

The Horned King
This is the Horned King, who also comes from The Black Cauldron, and is the main antagonist of the film.

For an awful long time, the Horned King has been sort of the norm, as far as doodling things on MSPaint.
As I've mentioned before, drawing things without robes is sorta difficult for me, because I suck at drawing arms, legs, and bodies.
The Horned King is sorta perfect, because all of that is hidden. :lol
I also couldn't really do hands, so I decided to hide those digits behind his back. :lol
Besides that, the pose looks cool.  :DD

~~~~~

-----

-----

Turbo

Um... I've got a few more pictures of this guy, but for some reason, I can't get the pictures to show up on this post.  :blink:
So I'm gonna go and make another!  :DD

This is Turbo, from Wreck-It Ralph!  :DD

... Wow; I've got quite the funny story about this guy, and how he found his way onto my favorite characters list, but I'm gonna save that for another time.  :DD

... Yeah, I need to stick with doodling him in 8-bit form, because... Let's be honest with ourselves, the big one kinda stinks.  :smile

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I love Gurgi and the little Horned King! I've not seen art of them at all (apart from one doodle I did a long time ago that will never see the light of day).

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww! How come? I'd love to see the picture, if you're able to upload it!  :lol:
I LOVE The Black Cauldron. :DD

Anyhow, continuing on where I left off...  :p

-----

-----

Turbo

These were the last three images I had wanted to upload in the last post; but, for reasons unknown, they wouldn't show, so I had to put it off and save it for another post.  :D

Those Turbo sprites? Admittedly, I've been browsing a lot of screencaps from Wreck-It Ralph in order to make the sprites look as accurate as possible.
Probably not very original of me, but it was something to kill the time.  :nyah

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Trust me, you don't want to see it. It was the first time I drew him, and it shows.  :lol Though I do have a sketch of Eilonwy that's still decent. Maybe I'll upload that sometime.

Your Turbo headshots look very nice and on-model. Thing is, Turbo just looks creepy to me. :confused But your pictures aren't the cause of that.

You could make a fangame with your sprites.  :angel

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Please! I want to see it! :DD

... A fangame! With how I feel toward that character, I would love seeing a fangame with Turbo! He's just... :lol

I don't know, he's just... There's something about him that's kinda fun. :DD

I know a lot of people have been photoshopping screenshots from certain games, and adding Turbo into them. I myself have been sort of contributing to that. I'd have to show those manips off.  :DD

... Speaking of manips, you might have seen two of them in the captions section. They're the ones with the Horned King and King Candy, and Frollo and Jafar.

... I honestly don't know what I was thinking with that Frollo and Jafar one.  :lol

I'm not sure! I kinda find Turbo sorta adorable, in an odd sort of way, and if for the wrong reasons(please; this is coming from someone who thinks Davy Jones and the Horned King are some of the cutest critters to grace the screen).

I know he's the villain, and he was sorta nasty, but... There's something about him - he's such an endearing character that I kinda can't help but love the little guy. :lol

I've a soft spot for villains. :DD

It kinda disappointed me with what happened to him in the film - I was actually really hesitant toward the character at first, but after I'd read more about him, and actually had the chance to see the movie myself, I thought him to be a really interesting character, and it kinda disappointed me to see him die. It was sort of a 'too good to last' sort of thing.

Ironic, considering... :DD

Anyhow, I did need to look at a screenshot for reference(and I swear, that shot is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it). That has to be my favorite screenshot of Turbo; I just wish I had it in a clearer quality. :DD

I tried doing the same image again over on the little paint programs on the official Disney website. I actually didn't think it was a paint program, because all I had seen was 'Sugar Rush Racer Maker' or something along those lines. Intrigued, I clicked it, and then noticed: Wait; this is a paint program!

Whatever! I decided I'd fiddle around on it, and what do you know? Guess who I drew?  :DD

... I'll admit, the eyes are a bit off, but the paint programs on there are a tad bit wonky. But either way, I'm pretty proud of the result. :DD

... And he actually had turned out a bit better than the Horned King, whom I had drawn gosh-knows-how-long-ago.  :DD