The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Coffee or Tea?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I prefer tea myself. It's better for you anyway.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I prefer tea, though I seldom drink hot tea. I do drink iced tea regularly though.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Dang.  It seems the majority here by far like tea as opposed to coffee.  I guess I'm in the minority. :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Neither, and this has to do with religion rather.

Being LDS, it is against commandments to drink anything caffeinated.  It has to do with the book called "The Doctrine and Covenants". (Or D&C as it is often mentioned.) Think of it as a book written by prophets from the 1800's to the early 1900's, holding their valuable lessons on the Gospel.

Anyways, within D&C it depicts several things we are not meant to consume, one of which is "hot drinks".  At the time this meant tea and coffee, which were the only things caffeinated at the time.

So basically, because of religious reasons, I don't drink either.  Never have and never will. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
This would include Coke and most other soft-drinks as well, doesn't it? In spite of that cup of coffee in the morning it is above all other milk to me. I'm a positive milk junkie with water and orange juice taking the second and third place (in fact I may be drinking more water than milk, but that's mostly for the easy availability at any time).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hard to believe coffee is losing. :o :o :wow  How do you people stay awake during the day?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hard to believe coffee is losing. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif dino_wow.gif How do you people stay awake during the day?

It's easy.  Just get used to living without that little caffeine boost every day and your body will adjust.  I personally only drink it when I'm doing all-nighter after all-nighter.  I've learned that drinking it all the time makes you dependent on it and that's not a place I want to be. :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jan 20 2009 on  06:40 AM
Hard to believe coffee is losing. :o :o :wow  How do you people stay awake during the day?
Easy...I'm high on life! :D Not that that's going very far at the moment having said that  :DD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jan 20 2009 on  04:40 AM
To be honest, I take naps.  However, I make sure to do so at certain times of the day.  A quick little power nap always helps me. :)

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
QUOTE (Petrie @ Jan 20 2009, 04:40 AM)
Hard to believe coffee is losing.    How do you people stay awake during the day?

It's easy, just drink a lot of tea, or soda. And I usually sleep most of the day anyway.  :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I usually sleep most of the day anyway.

I want your life. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I sleep enough, if I dont I'm just sleepy the whole day. I mean who cares :p If I think it works I'd probably get some energy drink or something in that direction.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I want your life.

I actually don't like sleeping in so late. All of my writer's group activities take place before I get up and my sister usually beats me to the computer.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 20 2009 on  06:45 AM
It's easy.  Just get used to living without that little caffeine boost every day and your body will adjust.  I personally only drink it when I'm doing all-nighter after all-nighter.  I've learned that drinking it all the time makes you dependent on it and that's not a place I want to be. :p
MODERATION is the key ;).  I have no reservations against coffee.  It is not a mind-altering substance (like pot) when consumed in MODERATION; otherwise the stuff makes ya a raging livewire, has recently been shown to have health benefits if taken in MODERATION, and actually helps ya concentrate better on tests if taken in MODERATION and just before and/or during the test (if you're allowed to have drinks in class).  My point is, caffeine in moderation will not hurt anyone.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
COFFEE all the way! I always have at least 1 in the morning and 1 later on in the day.

And I don't actually really drink coffee to stay awake. I drink it because, well it tastes good in the morning :p

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Mmmm, tea!
Good all of the time. Especially when sick. Which I am :(
My mom keeps asking me if I've started drinking coffee yet, and each time I say 'no' she replies 'Good. Don't.' And my dad says he's trying to wean himself off of coffee... So I generally stay away from the stuff :lol Plus I had it once and wasn't fond of the taste, anyways.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Feb 4 2009 on  07:27 PM
Good all of the time. Especially when sick. Which I am :(

Hope ya get better soon :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thank you! Fortunately this week isn't too hectic, so I've been able to bundle up and get plenty of rest  :D

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 20 2009 on  06:45 AM
Hard to believe coffee is losing. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif dino_wow.gif How do you people stay awake during the day?

I can agree with that! :yes For the last 2 1/2 years I've been pulling all nighters to finish my college work...and I gotta say...coffee is the best thing at 7:30 when you're running on only 3 hours of sleep. :smile