The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My thoughts on New 3DS XL

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, this is something that's been on my backlog for a while now.  Upgrading from a 3DS XL to a New 3DS XL.  I've had it for a couple of days now and I already have some impressions on it.  Two warnings I'll give if you're interested in buying one.

1. You HAVE to get an AC Adapter for it!  It does not come with it's own.  I checked around just thinking that mine was the unlucky one not packaged with it, but the truth is that it doesn't have one.  Now, note that if you got one of older ones like me, you can use that to keep your New 3DS XL charged, but if it's too old, don't expect it to always work. (Apparently, the one for my old red one, the first one I had, doesn't work so well anymore.)

2. If you want to upgrade the capacity of this, (Which can only handle up to 32 GB.) you'd better get a Micro SD Card.  NOT a regular one like the regular 3DS takes, but a micro one.  Don't make the same mistake I did and had to return an SD Card just because you bought the wrong thing. :rolleyes: Also, get some precision screwdrivers if you plan to do that.  I luckily had some lying around from an earlier project of mine.

Other than that, it's been nice so far.  Being able to play the few exclusive games for the New 3DS is pretty nice. (Something about the New 3DS having a better CPU seems to be the reason.  However, I bet emulators for it could prove it was a "money grab" move on Nintendo's part. :P: ) It's probably worth it for that reason alone.  I love SNES too much.  I MUST play those games on the go.

Well, if you all don't mind, I have some buying to do.

See ya later! :wave