The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are Sharptooth and Plated Sharptooth parallels?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, there are several similarities.  

Both are Sharpteeth.
Both attack a major character's mother and bring her down to the ground, bleeding and hurt.  (In Chomper's mother's case, it luckily wasn't fatal.)  
Both ended up getting injured by a major character before the final confrontation.  (In the case of Sharptooth, it was his eye.  In the case of the Plated Sharptooth, Chomper bit him in the tail.)  
Both seem to have special jumping powers and be extra evil and kinda nuts.  (In Sharptooth's case, he was snapping at air, just eager to get at the kids, even though he couldn't fit through the opening.  In the Plated Sharptooth's case, he went and tore the bush where they had been, apart, even though they weren't there anymore.)  
Both are foiled from killing the Gang by the timely arrival of characters at the last minute.  (In the case of Sharptooth, it was Cera.  In the case of the Plated Sharptooth, it was Chomper's parents.)  
Both try and take someone with them before their downfall. (In Sharptooth's case: Petrie.  In the Plated Sharptooth's case: Chomper.)
Both presumably drown.  
Both have red eyes and green skin.  

Do you think that the way the Plated Sharptooth was designed was a throwback to Sharptooth himself or am I reading too much into this?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I believe this was the case when Grosvenor directed the film.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I would add the Horned Sharptooth has similarities as well. So far only three have had the ability to leap an incredible distance and show an excessive level of viciousness:
Original Sharptooth
Plated Sharptooth
Horned Sharptooth

Is it possible there is a evil spirit that possesses certain Sharpteeth that seeks to destroy the Gang of Five (Seven)? Like demon? We had bad luck supernatural events in LBVI, so therd is precedence for paranormal phenomenon.   

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I'd like to believe Sharpteeth become Super Saiyan when they're extra-hungry, in all seriousness.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I'd like to believe Sharpteeth become Super Saiyan when they're extra-hungry, in all seriousness.

Did you say Super Saiyan Sharptooth?! :D

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith