The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award thing for signatures

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Will useful users get one for this project? 'Cause they are passed out for those users who help with songs, and isn't this project just as big?

It could look something like this:

What say all?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well #1 it's way too big and to my knowledge the admins are the ones who decide what awards will be offered.  You can take it up with one of them if you like, but it would definitely have to be smaller, especially with the new signature guidelines that are in affect.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One of them will likely see this thread sooner or later, or you could pm one of them.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Landbeforetimelover, look at Kor's signature right below you; his are exactly the same size as mine. I think Petrie said that awards don't apply to the new guidelines.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For a possible award using pre existing awards for an idea of what size is ok may be a good idea.  Just like for regular signatures just look at what Petrie's size is and go with that.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Definitely worth considering.  I'll get back to you on this once we get closer to completing the 'training area' portion of the game. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Landbeforetimelover, look at Kor's signature right below you; his are exactly the same size as mine.

Oh crap.  Sorry!  I forgot I shrank mine.  I was going from the size mine were. :lol

I think Petrie said that awards don't apply to the new guidelines.

True, but he was referring to the number of awards, not the size of the award itself.  I'm sure he'd be pretty mad if I enlarged my awards to like 600px by 1200px.  I'm pretty sure the admins wouldn't appreciate an award larger than the ones they currently offer except under unusual circumstances.  Just trying to let ya know that yours was a little on the large size.  Little did I know, I shrank mine so it'd fit perfectly under my signature image (that's smaller now BTW so I guess I should return the awards to their original size).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
200x50 is the regular size of an award. They are exempted from the usual signature guidelines. An award for the RPG may be quite in place, but only after we come forth with some real results. I think we really should wait with such an award (if any) to a later stage of the project. So far it would be rather difficult to decide on who would qualify for it anyway. Having merely posted a few times in some threads of the project would not seem like a good qualification, while having made some really helpful suggestions which had a real influence on the game would. I guess it may be best to wait for the day when we need more concept art and voice actors etc. which will make a just and clear rule of qualification easier than is the case at this state of development.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This ones going to be tough if the lines are blurred as to what is considered "participation".  We'll have to get back to you on this.  Its not as straightforward as are other awards.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One think for who participates could be up to the 1-2 folks who are in charge of the rpg thing since it may be possible for some to participate and not post much in the thread.  Though that would mean more 'paperwork' so to speak since that would mean 1-2 folks would have to keep notes of some sort, even if only mental notes.

I guess the same would maybe go for the audio plays, if any get made.  Though the rpg and audio plays are in the future so plenty of time to think over various things.  Not like we have to right now.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
This ones going to be tough if the lines are blurred as to what is considered "participation". We'll have to get back to you on this. Its not as straightforward as are other awards.

Tim's been keeping track of the end credits for the game. We could always go by that for adequate "participation".

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aye, but it will yet take a while before the end credits need to be written. Lets not sell the scales of the dinosaur we haven't caught yet ;)