The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Moana

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So, who's gonna see Disney's latest smash hit?  I've been looking forward to seeing this one ever since I first heard of it and from the looks of the critical reviews it looks like Disney has given us another instant masterpiece.  I'm definitely gonna see it as soon as possible.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I just got back from it. It was good. Real good. Not as awesome as Zootopia, but I still loved it. I have to say The Rock has really grown as an actor and gives a great performances as Maui. I liked the songs and the action. The story was good, if a bit typical, but being based around a mostly unexplored mythology as far as cinema goes really helped offset that. The unique trappings, setting, and world mechanics are also enough for it to still be a fresh experience. Though it was on the violent side. You should probably not take 'em too young to this one.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So I saw it and I've gotta say it was pretty good.  There were scenes where I laughed and scenes and scenes were I wanted to cry.  The songs were good, but not quite on the same level as the ones from Frozen.  The characters were a lot of fun, especially Maui.  I absolutely loved his song.  The animation was absolutely dazzling.  I mean, wow!  The world is so colorful and beautiful to look at.  Definitely a film worthy of the Disney name.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know, right? Non-spoiler thoughts on the Lava Monster? Mine: haunting.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll see it soon enough looks great

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
I was anticipating Moana as soon as I heard about it. I watched it with my
cousin Emily in theaters and I loved the story, the faithful depiction of Polynesian
culture and mythology, and the songs. It was here I learned Dwayne Johnson,
otherwise The Rock, could sing so well.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw it I loved it it was awesome. The songs rocked the graphics are amazing. The story was good and very meaningful. I loved how she followed her heart and went out on the ocean and conkerd her task. I loved it give it a 9.5/10.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I remember seeing the trailer for this movie back when I went to watch Rogue One and then I was like "looks neat. I should totally watch it". A-a-and I forgot all about it until recently. :D It's a decent movie, with great visuals and an inspiring atmosphere... Even if the script wasn't very strong. Seriously, saw the plot twist coming since the prologue scene with Maui.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I want to see it again it's that good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Recently saw Moana too and I totally do not regret it. Disney is producing one amazing movie after another, wow ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know I was amazed how good the movie was. The voice acting was very good in this movie. I loved all the songs In this movie also very catchy and good,

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just watched it as well. It was very good. I loved the song How Far I'll Go . It was a very beautiful movie. The water looked amazing!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome it's Disney's best movies they made

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've seen it a couple of times and I love it! The only thing is that thanks to Malinda Kathleen Reese's Google Translated parodies of How Far I'll Go and You're Welcome, I can never sing the correct lyrics to those two songs, especially You're Welcome :p

EDIT: And this was my 900th post. Lol :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's a good movie! I've seen it twice now thanks to Netflix. The graphics are absolutely amazing and the relationship between Moana and Maui develops very naturally. Can definitely see myself rewatching this at some point :)

Tigress

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I still need to see this, it's on my Netflix list just haven't got around to it yet.
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods, they have not forgotten this."

Simba <3 Born 21st of October 2015.

Please check out my first fanfic-Hold on Together.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I distinctly remember people saying when the trailer for this dropped that this was Disney's second foray into Hawaii, the first being Lilo & Stitch... which is unusual given that Disney does not usually repeat its settings. But they're different enough in the end, heheh.
Good movie though overall.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I distinctly remember people saying when the trailer for this dropped that this was Disney's second foray into Hawaii, the first being Lilo & Stitch... which is unusual given that Disney does not usually repeat its settings. But they're different enough in the end, heheh.
Good movie though overall.
Well, technically, Disney does have a ton of films set in Europe, based on European fairy tales. And more than a few set in England. Plus, it's not specifically Hawaii that Moana is set in. It's Polynesian, to be sure, but not specifically Hawaii.