The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Avengers: Infinity War

Sergeant Burker

• Lord Of The Underworld
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hades here, lord of the underworld, how you doing?
    • View Profile
I don't watch the DCEU. It sucks.

I only watch the classics. Burton's Batman and Donner's Superman are examples.

No need to cause a flame war, it's just an opinion.

No offence folks about the MCU. I only liked Spiderman Homecoming. Because it had charm. In my opinion.

And remember, it's just a movie. Opinions are opinions, but what matters is that Infinity War was well made. So a 9/10 in my book. A movie I dislike gets that? I'm a crazy man, so don't judge.  :SmugSpike
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:24:54 PM by Sergeant Burker »
How sentimental. You know, I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't watch the DCEU. It sucks.

I only watch the classics. Burton's Batman and Donner's Superman are examples.

No need to cause a flame war, it's just an opinion.

No offence folks about the MCU. I only liked Spiderman Homecoming. Because it had charm. In my opinion.

And remember, it's just a movie. Opinions are opinions, but what matters is that Infinity War was well made. So a 9/10 in my book. A movie I dislike gets that? I'm a crazy man, so don't judge.  :SmugSpike
Fair enough. Forgive me, most DC fans who talk smack about MCU films are looking to start a fight. I've basically been conditioned to react defensively over the last decade since Ironman 1.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I refuse to even watch any more DC movies.  Every one I've seen lately has ben a complete disappointment.  Marvel's quality is leaps and bounds beyond anything DC has put out recently.   Man of Steel sucked.  Batman vs Superman sucked.  Suicide Squad sucked.  Justice League sucked.  I didn't even bother with Wonder Woman.  Marvel has managed to put out a decent film almost consistently each year. 
Well said.

DC's problem is that they're trying to be too dark and edgy and have forgotten how to make their superheroes actual heroes.  Seriously, I don't appreciate them basically turning Batman into the Punisher.  Well they can take that "black and gray morality antihero" crap and cram it.  Sure, Batman has always been dark, but he still had that line he was never supposed to cross.  Well he sure as hell does it here and its an ugly sight.  The world has enough edgy, gritty antihero types who create more problems than they solve.  We don't need anymore cynical bullcrap.  You know what?  I actually prefer the cheesy red and blue Boy Scout Superman that all the cynical antihero types like to make fun of!  Kids (and frankly some adults too) need a positive role model to look up to.   
Thankfully, they seem to have learned their lesson, though it may be too late. I'm hoping the Aquaman movie in December is good, because I'm a big fan of the director, James Wan.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sergeant Burker

• Lord Of The Underworld
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, let me hope that the DCEU has learnt their lesson.

How sentimental. You know, I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now, the DC animated universe is another story.  I've yet to see anyone top Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series.  DC animated stuff has always been top quality.

Sergeant Burker

• Lord Of The Underworld
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
F-14. I top it as much as the Burton Batman film.

THE DCAU IS AWESOME!!!!!!

HAIL CONROY AND HAMILL!

I even made this short video experiment in dedication of the greatest version of Batman, in LEGO form(I meant the DCAU version):
https://streamable.com/np8nf

I even went to great lengths to attempt to make an (almost) entire episode of Steven Universe with just Elfman's score from Batman:
https://streamable.com/ls8ae
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:52:12 AM by Sergeant Burker »

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, let me hope that the DCEU has learnt their lesson.

Well, their upcoming slate with Wonder Woman 1984, Aqauman, and Shazam all look a lot more promising. So there's that.