The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What would have happened had Littlefoot told about

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's say that Littlefoot, for whatever reason, was willing to admit he broke the rules in II and actually told them the truth: that they went after Egg Stealers to try and make themselves look grown up, that they thought they took back Ducky's sibling's egg but had grabbed a Sharptooth egg and that it had turned out to be a Sharptooth egg?

He'd also point out that Chomper didn't seem dangerous and hadn't tried to hurt him, despite having a few chances to do so.  

Do you think their response would have been:

1.) To tell Littlefoot that he has a wild imagination (i.e. they wouldn't believe him)
2.) They'd demand to be shown where Chomper is so they could kill him.

(If this happens, which of the following 2 scenarios do you think would happen?)

2..a) Littlefoot would openly criticize that decision and make a very profound statement that killing Chomper, when he is so young, is no better, and perhaps worse, than the older Sharpteeth that only kill leaf eaters for food.  And he'd refuse to help them find Chomper, perhaps hiding him from them or even fleeing the Great Valley with him to save his life.  

2.b.) He'd just accept their decision and feel like an idiot for telling.

3.) They'd realize that it would be wrong to kill Chomper, but would say that having a Sharptooth in the Great Valley is dangerous and would insist on showing Chomper to the exit?

4.) They'd help hide Chomper and then things would proceed as normal as they did in the movie?

5.) They'd have called a meeting with the other adults and insisted that Chomper, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone, can stay.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Interesting thought. LBT 2 is unique considering the gang don't tell their parents part of their truth and almost don't tell them anything---the fact that they told them they broke the wall really effected little, since the adults knew the wall was broken, and the kids didn't get in trouble for it.

But as for your question, I think Grandma and Grandpa Longneck, knowing Chomper is a hatchling, would carefully try to return him to his environment and his parents, and then tell Littlefoot how sharpteeth and longnecks just can't be friends.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm, OP. I think it's a combination. The grandparents, especially grandpa would be furious, but grandma would likely be the voice of reason. They may or may not have a group meeting because it is such a touchy subject. They are likely to not kill the baby t-rex considering Littlefoot is a child and is also friends with it, so Chomper was killed it would have a very negative on multiple variable outlooks for Littlefoot.

Bruton's answer seems about right too :)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What if Littlefoot decided to tell them AFTER Cera' got bitten?

Of course, I should mention, I was implying earlier that, instead of asking about babies, he'd have told his grandparents the truth then.  

Presumably the truth was told after they got back from the Mysterious Island.  Chomper would be safe on the island from any attempt to harm him that time if they told and so probably would when the grownups asked them, as, let's face it, they probably did, what they did on the island.