The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14 accidently confirmed in my interview

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello guys, I have some great news for you all, so please be sure to do me the courtesy to read what I have to say here.  I've decided its time to release this interview in celebration of the new Jurassic Park trailer releasing.  First, a bit of a backstory.  

I am a long time fan of The Land Before Time.  I grew up watching them.  Even the sequels, which, you either like them, or you don't.  I actually really enjoy most of the songs too.  I've always wanted to be a voice actor/actor.  Recently, I managed to snag a phone interview with the voice of Ducky since the fifth film, Aria Curzon.  How did this happen?  Well basically, I was going through a really tough breakup during the summer of this year (2014).  I listened to LBT songs online one night to cheer me up, (I'd often listen to Disney type songs to help me sleep).  When listening to 'Always there', I had a major breakdown and began crying.  In fact, I can't listen to that particular song without tearing up.  It has such an emotional connection to me.  Anyways, I started researching the cast and eventually found that Aria had a Gofundme campaign for her current acting endeavors.  I donated.  And I in turn requested an interview.  It took a couple months for me to actually do the interview, but it was worth it.  

Ok, this is where it gets serious.  I'm going to give you guys a link to the interview.  Its about 25 minutes long, but there are pictures to go along with the interview, so as to have something to look at if need be.  Theres also a table of contents which has time frames in the video to topics we talk about.  If I sound nervous interviewing her, its because I was.  I have a lot of respect for her and I'm still in touch with her to this day.  I was talking to the voice of a character I grew up with, and was basically in shock the whole interview.  I'm really in shock at one point when, yes, she accidentally spills the beans on the development of a new LBT.  

Heres what I don't want.  I don't want this to get out to the whole world.  I don't want everyone blabbing to CNN or whatever about this - keep it to yourself.  The fact is, Universal (or whoever is in charge right now) hasn't decided to announce this for real yet, so please respect that by not shouting it to the world.  Yes, be excited, be happy there will be a new film, for the new generation, but don't make this spiral out of control in the animation community.  Ok, I'm trusting everyone here, and after watching, we can all discuss this further with speculation, hopes for the new film, predictions, and all that good stuff.  As a new member of this community, I will be participating in this discussion to the best of my ability.  

Without further a due, here is the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgfMFR4O4w

I expect this board to blow up after this, since this is the biggest news we have AT ALL in regards to the future of the franchise.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I expect this board to blow up after this, since this is the biggest news we have AT ALL in regards to the future of the franchise.
Expect me to as soon as this is official! I think I'm gonna scream if that's the case  :wow

THANKS for letting us know. This is the best news I heard since I joined the place almost two years ago...

On a slightly different note... welcome to the GoF! :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks, glad to be here, and hoping for a confirmation from the studio soon.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
lonedinosaur27: :blink:  :) Wow! you got to talk to Aria herself? That is AMAZING! :) I'm very happy you were able to!

By the way, it's been 7 years since the last Land Before Time movie, "The Wisdom of Friends", which was released on November 27, 2007. Exactly 7 years ago to the date of this post, in fact.

This thread *really* gives us some future food for thought, anyway. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Good point about the Wisdom of Friends being 7 years old exactly.  Thats why I'm glad we're getting something new finally.

Oh, its true.  Aria talks about it twice during the interview.  Towards the very end of the interview I asked her for more details but she couldn't spill the beans on anything more (except that she reprized her role as Ducky and that the voice of Littlefoot is obviously different than before.)  

I just hope that the film isn't COMPLETELY kiddish and that it has some stuff in there for adults and fans of the original to appreciate.  But I fear it may be a cash grab and nothing more.  I hope not, but in any case I'll be watching it since Aria told me the songs were pretty good.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope they get a good script writer, a good director and such.    The best is if they write it so that the whole family and all ages can enjoy it and get stuff.   Like some stuff that kids miss adults may get.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh, its true. Aria talks about it twice during the interview. Towards the very end of the interview I asked her for more details but she couldn't spill the beans on anything more (except that she reprized her role as Ducky and that the voice of Littlefoot is obviously different than before.)

I just hope that the film isn't COMPLETELY kiddish and that it has some stuff in there for adults and fans of the original to appreciate. But I fear it may be a cash grab and nothing more. I hope not, but in any case I'll be watching it since Aria told me the songs were pretty good.

This is very cool news to hear. I hope the plot isn't totally babyish. I hope the plot is decently written. I'm glad that there's a possibility that the yellowbellies may no longer mark the end of the movie series.

Jeff Bennett and Tress Macneille are still around acting strong today, so, of course I would expect to see Petrie and his mom, as well as Ducky's mom, too.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Lol read this topic several times but just don't know what to say, or think really  :lol

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I can only repeat what others have been saying about this new development. This is indeed very exciting news. I'm quite looking forward to this new project.  :yes

On another note (and I'm surprised no one else has brought this up yet), I can only inspect that much of the voice cast will return for this, but I wonder who will replace Grandpa Longneck and Topps (considering both of their former voice actors are now dead)? Not to mention, the narrator... I guess we'll see as the news come in.  ;)

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah, the narrator was always a big part of the films.  Its going to be weird without him.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
@Anonymous Person- Ah, I didn't think about that...I'm curious to see what they do with the characters now.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Oh good to hear this. Just hope they learn from their mistakes from the 13th film, and make it less childish.
And I would be happy if it had no songs for ones.
I also PERSONALLY hope they get a new voice for Cera  (as I'm PERSONALLY not so keen on her current VA as I said in my Cera voice poll, she sounds too old for my liking,), preferably kid actress like in the first film... They'll have to get new VA's for Littlefoot (and Chomper if he's in it,) as the kid actors that voiced them in the TV show will be way too old to reprise the roles now. I do hope they re-hire Petrie and Spike's VAs though.
Also like The Anonymous Person said, they'll have to get new voice actors to do Grandpa long neck and the old fart Topsy, as their VA's are no longer with us...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I also PERSONALLY hope they get new voices for Cera and Ducky (as I'm PERSONALLY not so keen on their current VAs as they sound too old for my liking,), preferably kid actors like in the first film...
Remember who we got the word from in the first place... ;) Concerning Ducky, your wish won't be granted but there's the possibility of Cera getting a new VA but then again... why? Her VA since LBT 5 was perfectly fine if you ask me :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Nov 28 2014 on  02:41 PM
Remember who we got the word from in the first place... ;) Concerning Ducky, your wish won't be granted but there's the possibility of Cera getting a new VA but then again... why? Her VA since LBT 5 was perfectly fine if you ask me :) [/QUOTE]
  :bang  Argh crud! Well if it were me I would re-cast both if them. Well in that case I hope Cera at least get a new voice, cause as I've said before I'm not soo keen on Cera's 2nd VA. Got nothing against the actress (heck she and Ducky's current VA have worked on loads of my other favourite media growing up) But I think she was too old to do Cera in the first place, it sounds more like a generic moody teenager. I liked Cera better when she sounded like a tough tomboyish kid.

This is just my opinion.. Please don't judge me...

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
That's quite a shock/surprise/etc...   I thought LBT was completely abandoned & stuck on copyright grounds etc to Universal or such. LBT 14... not sure what I would expect after 7 years from that (lame) last movie, but I'm looking forward to seeing something new finally whatever it would be.

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Concerning if there will be songs in the new film, for whoever mentioned it, of course.  In the interview thats how the new one got brought up in the first place.  We were talking about songs in the films before she mentioned the new one.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Also ( well just wishful thinking again but anyway) I would like it if they reused James Horner's music from the first film again like in the early sqeuals. To me it doesn't sound dated, and it gave the films a similar feel the first film has. I don't like it when media reuses footage or voice clips. But with reuseing music it's different. Why waste good  music is what I think. And the first film score is a LOT better then that crappy background music we had in the TV show.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
hello darkness, my old friend

So, uh...this is interesting. I've certainly lost the interest I once had in the series as I got a bit older, but, I will say that I'm...pretty hella excited. It may take a while, but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled. Pretty interesting.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If this is true it's gonna be so awesome to see LBT return!  They'll probably butcher it like they did LBT 13, but hey we can always hope right?  LBT is a great series and I would be the first in line to buy the Blu-Ray (or whatever digital content comes in the highest quality) right away!  Might give me the chance to get some good desktop backgrounds.  Since my highest quality source is DVD (640x480), I'd welcome a truly high quality screenshot to use as my wallpaper again.  Unfortunatley it's not 2007 anymore and technology has kinda left LBT behind in the dust.  I've haven't used an LBT wallpaper in a long time because of the lack of high resolution images.  I don't want a blurry wallpaper. :p