The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Plague RP Discussion thread

Ducky123 · 192 · 19049

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^I think three :DD at least...

The Anonymous Person: Sure you can have him... But I'll stay with yellow since I don't know how many people will join this... you already have Petrie so if there are some more people they might want Spike :P: But I doubt that'll be the case :lol so it's a
very likely' from me ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Somerandomfangirl, I think that you should take Grandpa too. He's your favorite character, right? Also, he and Grandma are always together, so playing them both would be very convenient.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
However, I do expect that there will be a couple more members joining. Perhaps we should give it the next day or so to give members with different time zones a chance to pick characters and stuff. If those characters don't get chosen... well, we'll discuss that later.

That's a good point. Well, in that case, I might be interested in taking Cera if no one else wants her. But, only if no one else wants her.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yes, I was thinking that, MurMur. I just want to see if anyone else wants him first, and if not, then I'll definitely take him. :yes

So Ducky, you can add me as Grandpa in yellow for now. :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I would like to be Topsy but like MurMur said I do worry still it's going to be slow placed so why not?

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have to rest a little.  :) Thanks to everyone. This is one great council.
I only have one question: Ducky123, do you have a subplot for the grown-ups? They aren't going into the Land of Mists, you know. :angel

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rping isn't hard, just post what you think the character would do and say.  YOu can read some threads in some of the rp sections for examples.  You can put a characters thoughts and actions into one paragraph, but dialog is usually it's own paragraph or sentence, like in most books.  

Looks like most of the characters are taken, good signs for this rp.  I can try Littlefoot, unless someone else wants to do him.  Or I can do 1 or more of my LBT oc characters.  I've not done them in a while.  Mim, a rainbowface (though in the strick lbt rps of the past she's adventured with the gang since she avoids the arguments the adults do, though she's around young adult, 18-19ish in human terms. Diver, one of Ducky's twin sisters, and a few others I've not rped in a while.

If more adults are needed I can try one of the gang's mothers.  For mama swimmer I'd have to watch some of the 8th movie to see if I can get a feel of her personality, or if I did Petrie's mother I'd either do the 11th movie and or the tv episode where she's in a lot, forgot the name of it.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Ducky123 had intended to do this RP without OCs, by the way.  ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's ok.  There's enough so I could sit out the rp if there's no character for me to take, no biggie.  Hope the rest of you folks have fun.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I CHOOSE ALI!! :DD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
MurMur: Actually I don't have a subplot for them :angel I thought that every participant would take one child character and one adult character, but it could be that more people than we have child characters will be part of this RP... The only thing that could happen is that the grown-ups suddenly get cured for some reasons so they'd go after the Gang... I'll think about that :yes

Kor: Actually this is a no OC RP, but sometimes we can't avoid using one ;) If we need an OC that would fit your characters you can bring in them :)

Nahla: I think you can have Littlefoot, Kor is very flexible whom he takes :)

I'm surprised how many people are interested  :wow This will be great fun  :lol

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Me and Rammy have our OC RPS but I'm very interested in this one too.

If you need more people Zimmy willing to join in.

Yay Littlefoot! My favorite!  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He will take both :) the Old One won't have a big role I guess :)

Also, what do you think, guys? Would it be better to use some more characters(maybe Petrie's and Ducky's siblings or Tricia could travel with the Gang or using characters that wouldn't add much to the plotline being used so that every participant can have one main character)? likely choices would be Guido or Shorty... Also we could add Mr. Thicknose... he could bring up the idea that will start the whole adventure...

This suggestions are made because somerandomfangirl and Mr. Wonk won't have much to write since their characters will stay in the Great Valley...

So what do you think? I will let you choose... and of course we'd only use one of the two suggested characters :DD

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Obviously, I wouldn't want anyone getting left out. If it would allow everyone a fair chance to have input in the roleplay.

I will say that, in all likelyhood, not everyone who's going to be signed up for this roleplay are going to appear every single day to this, so even if even if they don't come along, odds are, some character role will be open.

That said, I do agree that it would be better to make sure that no one gets left out. Mr. Thicknose makes sense, as he'd know more about diseases than any of the gang... but, you'd need an explanation for why he isn't sick.
You can't have Shorty in the mix without Bron somewhere in the background, so if we include him Bron might have to be one of the sick ones left back in the valley.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pat also could be one of the adults since though he doesn't appear after the 10th movie he could be around.  Also I guess Sue with her mate could pop up to visit, assuming one assumes Grandma  & grandpa longneck gave her directions on how to get to the great valley for some reason.

I see no reason why one of Petrie or Ducky's sibblings could not be rped.  I use to rp one of ducky's twin sisters in a few past lbt rp's from a while ago.  

Also another character that likely would be in the great valley somewhere besides Guido would be a squirrel type that appears in a tv series episode.  I'd have to watch the episode again to get his name.

Skip, that is his name, from Return to Hanging Rock.   He is invited to go to the great valley to live, though the episode ends he does look happy at the thought so one could say he did go.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
sure the appeariance of shorty would automatically cause the appeariance of Bron ;) and yes, Bron would be sick, too.
Thicknose would be sick as well though. Despite he could give the children some wise advices before they start their adventure...
I think I'll PM the members that haven't taken a main character yet and see what their opinions are...

Good suggestions so far