The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Children of Maganog

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Meanwhile, back with the others who were sheltered within a cave. Denton was alone and away from the large entrance. He was consciously arguing with Kragoth who's voice was still haunting his mind

'Why me?' questioned Denton in thought

'Must I have an answer for everything, kid?' responded Kragoth's disembodied voice

'Well, maybe if its a really good reason, I'd stop asking so many questions.' responded Denton in thought

'I chose you, because you were the closest and most easiest a body I could access. And mind you, kid, I might have been a nasty predator while I was still alive, but in spirit, I'm simply on same level with all spirits, living or dead. Meat eating or leaf. I needed you for a very good reason, and I'm sure you'll acceptit when the time comes.'

Lightning flashed lighting the cave with bright white and the thunder boomed low, the wind continued whistle and moan outside the caverns. Denton sighed and started to pace back and forth as the other dinosaurs watched the storm. Denton in his mind continued to question Kragoth, as much to Kragoth's displeasure

'But why me, and not one of your kind? Why not the minds of your sons?'

'Because, kid, Blackclaw is thrice more stubborn and foolish than you will ever be. And Agnog... he's well, tied up right now if you get my drift...'

Denton turned looking at the others, as he decided not to question Kragoth any further. The lightning flashed again casting silhouettes of the watching dinos.

----------------------------

Blackclaw stepped out as soon as the rain and the wind started to calm. The storm clouds were finally passing revealing the grayed skies, and only a few streams of sunlight peaked from a few holes in the cloudy ceiling. Blackclaw felt his head, which was still sticky from his wound. A parnament scar now right between his eyes. He groaned at the throbing of his head.

The other raptors, or what was left of them started coming out from their hiding as well, it was evident that several of them were lost to the storm, possibly thrown several miles away from the pack.

The loss was truly felt. The other fastbiters were searching for their loved ones, some did find others alive, while some found others.... .....

And still there were a few missing. Blackclaw was beside himself with grief and guilt over the few losses. But he felt he still needed to lead the many surviving on to the valley. His desire for revenge and a grand feast were not so easily thwarted by a nasty thunderstorm.

And so he called the survivors  into a meeting.

"Words cannot express my grief. Our brothers and sisters lost to this terrible weather. But I insist, we must keep going. We will still have our feast whether the powers above agree to it or not!"

"Our feast?" interupted a female fastbiter, her two young standing beside her still looking for their lost father "You mean YOUR feast!"

"Now now, miss." responded Blackclaw with a nervous laugh "I'm just trying to do what is right, you know."

"Well, if you want to do something right, why not find my lost mate? Who's going to help me raise my young now?"

Blackclaw gulped and looked at the other fastbiters who were glaring at him just as the female was

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim went over to Littlefoot, putting her head close so he could easily hear her and she him.  "We should get out of this storm, you have any ideas?" She asked him.

Littlefood nodded, "The secret caverns are close where Chomer & Ruby usually, follow me." He said and started to struggle towards the nearby secret caverns against the wind.  Mim started to follow then thought of a better idea and grasp his tail with her hands.  Now she would be able to easily follow him.  

Petrie went to the back of his nest well away from the storm while cuddling his snuggling stick.  

Ducky cuddled with her other siblings and their mother who they were using as a shield against the worst of the storm.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I don't like this storm. I think that Zaine is out there, searching for help." Vylor said.

"And there is the matter of those dark entities. What are they? Wait! I think I'm picking up something from ... Denton! Kragoth has infiltrated his mind!" Argaya exclaimed.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Korr was standing over Zaine, and had used his head to move the massive tree branch out of the way...of course Zaine was now screaming in his ear and the Redhorn's response was to cringe and suck it up.

He then looked down at Zaine, and said "Now you owe me one kid...and I plan to collect on that very soon!" and with a sly smile Korr procceded to lift teh other tree branch off his tail. "Now...come with us..." said Korr gesturing to Meyla behind him "And help me help the valley." He smiled again as he said these words knowing exactly what he wanted.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine tried to stand up, and he felt great pain because of his foot. "Uhh, ok then." He walked up beside Korr, knowing that he was right. Zaine owed him now, no matter what the price. "Korr, thank you for coming, but why did you? I thought you hated me."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Korr noticed the trouble Zaine was having standing up, and looked behind him and asked "Meyla can you help him walk into the valley?" Unfortunately he had to almost scream to be heard over the howling winds.

He then looked down at Zaine as he asked his question and responded "Hate you...I don't hate you...I just wanted to make sure you were okay...you are a youngling after all and we wouldn't want you to be hurt."

Korr frowned however when he continued speaking..."I do however hate that freak of a friend of yours...that longtailed freak..." His face contorted with anger at the thought of Longtail.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Meyla groaned as she fought the wind, she heard Kor's request and hastened heself to join in amongst Korr and the young longneck

"This is not the weather to be adventuring around in!"she called ahead "Shant we atleast find a cave until this thing blows over?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and Mim made it to the secret caverns.  She let go of Littlefoot's tail once they were inside.  

"I hope the others are ok." Littlefoot said looking back at the entrance.  Then he walked farther into the back away from the entrance.  

"We'll have to wait and see, and likely will have a large clean up job to do once the storm is over.  At least we know Threehorn will be willing to help with that." Mim said.

Littlefoot nodded, "I want to make sure they are ok, but going out into storm isn't smart, and anyway I promised my grandparents I'd come here.  

"Lets rest and see if we can find a place out of this wind." Mim said.  Littlefoot nodded.

"Follow me, Chomper showed me around this place a few times.  I know it pretty well." He said and lead her deeper into the caverns.

------

Ducky was huddled up against her mother as were her siblings and most of the wind was blocked by their mother.  

The sound of the rain and snuggling with his snuggling stuck had lulled Petrie into a sleep.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Can we not talk about him for now?" Zaine suggested. "It seems all it does is frustrate you, so let's save you that much." He kept limping on, but he couldn't forget what Kor had just said about making sure he was ok.

"This may seem strange, but I had a feeling we would meet up again. When I last saw you, something told me that you would find me again, and I had hoped it would have been on better circumstances. I guess that doesn't apply here," he gestured the storm.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor had decided to see what the massive entities were. So he and Argaya ventured out of the cave to search. They followed their mental perception to a hill.

"This is not looking good." He said when he saw the source of the feeling. The group of massive sharpteeth were not able to see the two longnecks, but Vylor and Argaya could see them.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"There's just a silly misunderstanding!" declared Blackclaw as his fellow fastbiters surrounded him with threatening glares

"I didn't see this storm coming... why are you blaming me for it? I said I was sorry for our losses. Please.. cant we all just... get along?"

"We trusted you as our leader" said the female "When the storm came, you chose to face it instead of getting the herd to safety. Why should we accept your leadership?"

Before Blackclaw could answer, there was a terrible bellowing sound, a roar. It was very close. The raptors turned to see what had made it...

The trees nearby were parting from five areas and five massive bodies loomed above the tree tops. The fastbiters looked up at the large sharpteeth, bewildered by their size.

"The Children of Maganog..." said Blackclaw under his breath, his eyes wide with fright.

The sharpteeth looked down at the fastbiters hungrily

"They... they're on our side, aren't they?" asked the female, her young hiding behind her for their own safety. And what fallowed next was something they did not expect and it disturbed them greatly. One of the large beasts lunged forward, fast as lightning it seemed and snapped his teeth on one of the fastbiters. His terrible teeth crushing the hapless fastbiter and killing it instantly in his mouth.

At this sign, the fastbiters all turned and ran, the giant five gave pursuit, chasing them through the forest. Their roars bellowed and thundered throughout the lands, causing thunderous tremors in the earth that they quaked upon.

----------------------------------

'Well well, if it isnt my old friend.' said Kragoth's voice. Denton had sighted Syrius near the cave, he was fighting his way through the strong winds and rains that were beating him back 'Syrius...'

'You know him?' asked Denton

'Of coarse I do... he and I have had a history together as major enemies...'

'Why was that?' asked Denton

'Because that Duckbill and his uncle killed my father...'

As he said this, Syrius managed to climb into the cave with the help of the other dinos

"This is quiet the weather." he said

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky and Petrie slept on, as best as they could with the storm in Ducky's case.

Littlefoot and Mim walked around inside the secret caverns with Littlefoot giving Mim a tour of the caves.

Littlefoot pointed with one of his front feet at a cave entrance not to far away, "That one is the cave of many voices, it is a sort of talk back." He said before leading her on.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was trying to find a good place to sleep, but he couldn't he was too worried about his uncle and aunt. He paced around the cave for a while longer and then was about to walk out of the cave once more, when a hand stopped him...and the voice that followed made it clear who it was...

"Where do you think you're going my nephew?" Longtail whipped around and shouted "UNCLE CYRIX!!" the two immediately imberaced each other and stayed that way for a few more moments. Cyrix then however took out his fustration:

"What did I tell you about leaving the cave without me or your aunt being there?!?" Longtail cringed at the sternness of his uncles voice, but he smiled and said "But uncle I'm fine...really see...that silly wind and sky water can't stop me."

Cyrix sighed with a smile and said "Yes, and that's what I'm afraid of."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Darkness approaches. Five mammoth sharpteeth are heading in this direction. We are all in danger!" Vylor said as he slid to a stop in front of Cyrix and Longtail.

Argaya came in a few seconds later. She exclaimed, "We must find shelter until we can fight these behemoths."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Blackclaw tripped over a limb as the other raptors fled on ahead of him. The Five were right behind Blackclaw and he lifted his head wher ehe lay, glancing back at the giant predators. The five of them stopped suddenly, looking down at him. Their terrible eyes seemed to dig deep into him as they stared.

'Blackclaw.' hissed a terrible voice in his head. Blackclaw looked up seeing the leader of The Five, twice more uglier than his behomoth siblings. The beast seemed to be communicating to Blackclaw through thoughts,and the voice was terrible to hear

'You are now... mine.' Said the voice. Blackclaw whimpered and struggled, nearly choking and gurgling for words in his own fright.

The leading Sharptooth then lunged forth and Blackclaw's screams could be heard all across the lands.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail blinked several times and looked around as if searching for someone and then asked "Did anyone else hear something...toher than the storm outside?" Cyrix looked at his nephew and said "No...you must be tired from being out in the skywater so long...come sit and rest."

Cyrix then looked to Vylor and Argaya and said "We will deal with these sharpteeth when the time comes, until then we can do nothing unless the storm passes!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot led Mim in a tour of some parts of the Secret Caverns then they made their way over to a small underground stream.  Littlefoot went over to get some water.  He made a bit of a face as he drank some.  

"This water tastes different." He said.  Mim went over to take a small drink herself.

"I think it is due to the ground here being different then outside.  I've tasted water that tastes like this inside caves sometimes before.  It's different, then outside ground water." Mim said.

Littlefoot nods, "After this perhaps we should find a place to rest, I'm getting a little tired." He said.  Mim nodded.

"Usually no better place in a storm then in a dry safe cave." She said.

Ducky & Petrie slept on.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I don't like this. It is too foreboding. Those sharpteeth were not ordinary sharpteeth." Vylor said.

Argaya suddenly had a thought. "Perhaps that if we catch a sharptooth, we can get answers from the sharptooth. Not the massive ones, though." She said.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
ooc: No sense in letting this RP die, it is in my best of interest to finish it.

Soon the storm began to dissipate from over the Great Valley, the darker more violent portions loomed in the south and was moving westwards, away from the valley.

The wind started to calm, and the rain fell in patches. The sun was beaming through and blue sky could be seen from behind the gray feathers of rain clouds.

The dinosaurs of the valley started to come out from their shelter only to see their home a muddled mess.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky woke up and looked around at the mess.  "Some mud is fun to play in but there is also to much mud, yes there is.  It looks like everyone will be busy cleaning up and no time to play, no, no, no." She said shaking her head.  Though she knew the importance of cleaning up, she also wished it wasn't necessary.  

Petrie woke up and looked out from his nest.  He saw some sticks of the nest had been blown away or messed up and looking out at the valley he saw what a huge mess the place looked.

Littlefoot and Mim were resting in the secret caverns and at first were not aware the storm had stopped since they were in far enough that even while resting they could not hear it.