The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot's Grandparents

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I know they're basically minor characters, but it just warms my heart every time I see these two onscreen together.  Knowing they've been together for so long, and showing such devotion.  You've gotta admire that, especially in a world full of divorces today, hehe.   :lol

Anyone else here have any thoughts on these two?  I'd love to hear them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree.  It is great to see those 2 together and that they still have strong feelings for each other after all this time.  

I'm glad they kept those to together, instead of having one of them being regulated to the occasional long and medium shot cameos, like Ducky's father has been regulated to.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love this couple, and they're grandparent-figures to Littlefoot's friends too :wub:.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Perhaps... they seem to be a very good couple.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One thing I have often been wondering about is just how steep the learning curve for Littlefoot's grandparents must have been in the Great Valley (and on the way to it). Judging from their attitude towards Bron in LBT 10 I consider it certain that they must have been Littlefoot's maternal grandparents. His mother however did comply with the rules of species segregation and she in turn in all likelihood learned those rules from her own parents. Littlefoot's grandparents however are as "unspecyist" characters as there can possibly be. I really wonder about their learning process.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may not have taken them long, though it may have been a process they had to quickly had to adapt to once the separate herds heading towards the Great Valley started to combine, maybe to help fight off dangers like sharpteeth at first.  Then some like Ducky's parents, and others, may have decided it is safer to remain in a large group, and things may have developed from there.  

His mother's reaction seems less full speciest like Threehorn has and more like, it's always been this way.  That may have been their feelings, though some like Ducky's parents & Petrie's mother didn't have these feelings at all.  Petrie's mother I'm guessing based on how Petrie acts when he first meets Littlefoot & Ducky.   He doesn't act like a speciest or that he should not be talking to non flyers, much like Ducky was.  Unlike Littlefoot who had started to do the same sort of thing that his mother may have done, but since he was so young it was easy for him to unlearn it and put it aside.  So maybe not as deeply ingrained as Threehorn and Cera's are.  Though she's partially lost it, she still has some of it even seen in some of the tv series episodes.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
They are two of my favorite characters, and it gets annoying that quite a few LBT fan-fictions involve their deaths. Although I guess it makes sense for the writers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They may feel the need to do that for this or that reason, not sure why but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think it would be interesting to see a story about how these two first came together, and put an interesting spin on it.  You wouldn't know it now, but I've always imagined Grandma as being a wild spirit in her younger days, kinda like Cera.  She could have been the counter-balance to Grandpa's apparent level-headed and cautious disposition throughout his own life, before she eventually settled down.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
For some reason, I've always imagined that Littlefoot's grandmother was never like that; that she was always calm and reserved... but for some reason, I've always imagined Littlefoot's mother as the "wild one", or at least, the playful one.

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I respect where you're coming from with that.  I'm just speculating, because I like the idea of characters who have mellowed with age for some reason.  I remember seeing an episode of this Japanese show where they reveal that this calm, calculating woman in her 30's was once the leader of a street gang as a teenager.   :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some folks do indeed change over time.  Others less so.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
well, the grandpa and ma haven't change over years i think,

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Changing the subject slightly, I thought it was nice that they set aside an episode in the series to look back at Grandpa's past, as a story speaker, and the introduction of his old friend Saro.  I had hoped they would do the same kind of episode relating to Grandma's past, since we know little to nothing about her background, but it looks like this is not to be, with the series being shuttered.  

I've also mentioned before how my heart gets just a little goopy whenever I see these two nuzzle up together.  I just think it's sweet, hehe.  Plus, I thought one of the nice touches they made to The Big Freeze, was when you saw them in the hot spring, keeping her warm with his neck over her own.  That is devotion, my friends.  

:)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is and they are sweet indeed.  I doubt they'll show much of her past even if there were more seasons since they may see her more as a background character then one of the main adult characters.  It would be nice to learn more of each of the main character's parents, and some background characters also.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Kor Posted on Sep 15 2008, 11:48 PM

It would be nice to learn more of each of the main character's parents, and some background characters also.

That would be cool, maibe it will happen, when we least expect :p

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
That would be nice to see indeed.  Attention to background characters can really help to flesh out an entire fictional world.  That's what helped the Simpsons for so many years. (Though they've kinda turned from that nowadays)

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I agree with background characters helping out the fictional world and its growth as an environment. It makes the stories more believable.

Now...Littlefoot's grandparents...

8DDDDDDDDD

I LOVE them. They are some of my favorites, definitely. Grandpa is my favorite character of all time. He strongly reminds me of my own grandfather, right down from the voice to his personality. I love my grandfather so this is why I love Grandpa Longneck.

Grandma is great too! I love her sweet and fair personality. And it is always so nice to see them together, so devoted, and a lot more understanding than the other adults.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I really like Grandma and Grandpa, and I was really glad that Grandma for once got the role of the lead parental figure to Littlefoot; I think it's unfair that she spends most of her time in Grandpa's shadow but yeah, that was one of the few good things about13.

Whyis it we see Grandma crying in 2 of the early sequels and also at 73:33 and 74:06 in 10 go look; why not Grandpa?

For some reason, I've always imagined that Littlefoot's grandmother was never like that; that she was always calm and reserved... but for some reason, I've always imagined Littlefoot's mother as the "wild one", or at least, the playful one.

I see Momma Longneck as being quiet and reserved; it's Bron whose shown as being the playful one, lol :lol: !

Which brings up the question: If Grandpa is "Papa Longneck" to Bron...who the hell are Bron's parents...? :blink: Somethings amiss  :huh:

I loved in 6, when Grandma come up when Grandpa is telling the story and is like, "Grandpa Longneck, are you filling thosee children's heads with nonsense?" and he's like, "Uh..no Grandma" or something, it's funny cause it reminds me a time of when me, and my sister and our cousins were sittign around a campfire one night and my dad was telling us these horror stories and then mom came out and started scolding him. It was really fun, the stories he told us!  :smile

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
just wondering but what are the grandparents doing when they put their necks over each others