The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2009 Wishlist

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

Now happily into the new year, what gaming titles are you most looking forward to? Discuss (or just name them if you prefer) here.  :D

Here's my wishlist:

Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin (PS3)
Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (Wii)
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS)
Final Fantasy 13 (PS3)
God of War 3 (PS3)
New Zelda Title (Wii) (Not 100% sure if that's 2009 or 2010 release)

Suppose that's it for now, can't think of any others but I'm sure they will come! ;)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy XIII. Enough said!  :wow  :wow  :wow
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
MadWorld (Wii)
Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)
Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii)
Dead Rising: Chop 'till you Drop (Wii)
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS)
House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)
Fragile (Wii)
Sadness (Wii)
Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360)
F.E.A.R. 2 (PC)
Left4Dead (Xbox 360)
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Mega Man Star Force 3 (DS)

Yeah XD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
-The Conduit (Wii)
-Wii Sports Resort (Wii) Pretty much just for Wii motion plus, and sword fighting as well :DD
-Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii)
-Punch-Out!! (Wii)
-No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle (Wii)
-Moon (DS)
-Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
-Starcraft II (PC) It better come out this year :lol

-Metroid Dread to pop out of no where for a Q1 '09 release (Hey, it IS a wishlist after all :lol )

New Zelda Title (Wii) (Not 100% sure if that's 2009 or 2010 release)
i honestly have no idea when its gonna come out, though im guessing it will be in 2010, and if we're unlucky, maybe even later then that. Though you never know, i could come out for the holidays this year. Heres to hoping.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I've heard that the new Zelda will be released still in 2009, and details in this year's E3. That's the game I'm looking forward the most, too :^.^:

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
A couple I'm waiting for:

Empire: Total War (PC)
Starcraft II (PC) (Been waiting too long for this one...)
Tom Clancy's HAWX (360)
Halo Wars (360)
Heroes over Europe (360)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (PC - expansion pack)

These are the main ones. I'll probably buy almost everything that comes out, though, knowing me - I like adding to my collection  :DD

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've heard that the new Zelda will be released still in 2009, and details in this year's E3.
Wow, I never would have imagined Explorer of all people to know about this subject. I'm still in shock. Hahaha!

All right, here are the games coming out in 2009 that I am currently waiting for. This list will likely confuse some of you since I buy a lot of Japan imported games, you know, games that weren't translated into English yet so haven't been officially released here. I have to special order them from a Japanese web site. So when you see a game with an odd sounding name that you've never heard of, it is most likely one that is Japan only right now with no confirmed North American release yet. (Yeah, I always check if they have NA releases for these.) Anyway, here is what I'm waiting for right now, and trust me, you don't want me to explain each one:

Digimon- Wii (Official name unconfirmed)
White Knight Chronicles- PlayStation 3
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep- PlayStation Portable
Kingdom Hearts- 358/2 Days- DS
Kingdom Hearts: Coded- Cellular Phone
Star Ocean: The Second Evolution- PlayStation Portable
Blue Dragon 2- XBOX 360
Draw, Speak, and Start! Monster Rancher DS- DS
Kirby- Wii (Official name unconfirmed)
Sacred 2: Fallen Angels- XBOX 360
A Witch's Tale- DS
World Destruction- DS
Arc Rise Fantasia- Wii
Pirates Vs. Ninjas Dodgeball- Wii
Overlord: Dark Legend- Wii
Final Fantasy: Dissidia- PSP
Suikoden Tierkreis- DS
Phantasy Star Zero- DS
Shining Force Feather- DS
7th Dragon- DS
Ni No Kuni: The Another World- DS
Darksiders: Wrath of War- XBOX 360

I love the DS, so sue me. Anyway, like I said in the anime topic, my memory is honestly not this amazing. I keep track of everything going on with me in my notebook, which includes everything I am looking forward to. And like I said, I'm pretty sure that some of you haven't heard of most of these. A lot of these haven't been said a lot about, nor have some been advertised much at all. Well, these are currently what I look forward to this year, but as I hear more, my list will most likely grow. I am a major gamer, you can probably tell. What better way is there to manipulate people in evey way with no consquences? Nah, I'm just kidding. I just like entering different realms to do all the things that reality cannot offer, and it is most enjoyable, as I'm sure almost everyone here already knows. Later!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
LOTR; Conquerst
 Ratchet And Clank Future 3- Fall 2009
Digimon_Loved the first two seaons of the shows, not so much the recent fare
Monster Rancher- Haven't heard that name in long tmime, used to watch the cartoon show when it aired.
What I hope for:
A New Star Fox game'
A sequel to the Oblivion series.. hopefullly one in which you can actually become a Lord and pick any female to be your lady...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What I hope for:
A New Star Fox game'
A sequel to the Oblivion series.. hopefullly one in which you can actually become a Lord and pick any female to be your lady...
Well, I'll see what I can do for you. I looked a few things up that might perk your interest, based off your quote here anyway. A new Star Fox game is in the making, and it will be for the Wii. Details are scarce, as the plot hasn't even been announced, but an interesting use of the Wii remote that will be used in the game might interest you. Here are the two best sources to explain about this game that I could find:
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox_Wii
http://wii.qj.net/category/Star-Fox-Wii/cid/307
As for a sequal to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, I have good news and bad news. Good news: The Elders Scolls V will be released. Bad news: don't expect it anytime soon. See for yourself:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157366
Now, if you like Action RPGs about the old days like Oblivion, but you want to be a lord of a house and have any woman (or women) you want and have kids while still remaining an RPG- fighting, getting special powers, roaming where you wish and doing whatever like Oblivion, getting weapons, and even having an AI fight battles with you (your dog)- you should like Fable II. Best of all, unlike Oblivion, there is a drop in/ out cooperative play. That means that you can be playing by yourself, then suddenly a friend could show up and play as another character to help you out, like with battles. And when that friend has to go, it is so simple and fast to switch back to single player mode. If you don't want to wait for The Elder Scrolls V, check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_II
If you find this interesting enough and you have an Amazon.com account, no need to go to any trouble looking it up:
http://www.amazon.com/Fable-II-Xbox-360/dp...32480346&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Fable-II-Xbox-360/dp...32480346&sr=1-1
But if you are more of an eBay.com person you could always try:
http://video-games.shop.ebay.com/items/Gam...286Q2ec0Q2em282
I hope you found any of this helpful, though I won't mind at all if you didn't. I just thought you might like to know this stuff. Later!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot Sharptooth. I'm not surprised its going to be awhile for the next Oblivion game. with as much detail as they put into the games, iits to be expected. As For Star Fox., I expect them to pick the storryline where Fox and Krystal get back together, but don't have kids yet..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ooh, shiny starfox... Well, you prbably won't be seeing them with kids since Command was supposed to be "the last" in chronological order.

But it might have been the last like Wind Waker that was then followed by "This is the last!" Phantom Hourglass.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, every time they say "this is it!" Don't believe em. Command had several endings, deopending on which path you took..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 21 2009 on  12:13 AM
Yeah, every time they say "this is it!" Don't believe em. Command had several endings, deopending on which path you took..
I think nearly any of the starfox games has multiple endings. Then again, that's why you can never write something down properly about it. o.o

And they have that tendency to say "WOOT WE FINISHED LOLZ" when they have more than fifteen games in their sleeves.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah I expect them to say This Wii game will be the last. Just wait thoigugh I imagine PS4 will have at least a couple Star Fox Games.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Really, for me, there is one main game I am hyped up for:

RESIDENT EVIL 5

But beside that, Wanted Weapons of Fate looks cool.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just need to thank Keni and Flathead770 for their assisstance in helping me with my wish list, even though they had no idea they were doing it. When I read everyone else's lists here, two games from series I like caught my eye that I wasn't aware of: Keni's Megaman Star Force 3 and Flathead's Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. After I looked them up and did a lot of studying, I think they will be awesome, so I want them too now. I don't play TRPG's too often these days, but FE:SD intrigued me with being so old school, based on the first game in the series yet still gives so many options at the same time; I love old graphics and a long list of choices. And since the DS is my second favorite system ever made, this game would be all the more fun. As for Keni's MMSF3, I have a version of 1 (Dragon) which is great, a version of 2 (Zerker x Saurian) which is also great, so I would really like a third generation version, so unlike him who seems to want the MMSF3 games, I just want one version so I chose the Red Joker version. And this one is also for the DS! So these two video games can be added to my previous list and I appreciate the ideas guys. Later!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't play TRPG's too often these days, but FE:SD intrigued me with being so old school, based on the first game in the series yet still gives so many options at the same time; I love old graphics and a long list of choices
Fair warning, Fire Emblem can be extremely addictive. I got into FE when Path of Radiance came out for the gamecube and loved it, which really surprised me as i've never played a TRPG before then. Ya, FE:SD is gonna be awesome, as we get to finally play the first FE emblem game.

Well, I'll see what I can do for you. I looked a few things up that might perk your interest, based off your quote here anyway. A new Star Fox game is in the making, and it will be for the Wii. Details are scarce, as the plot hasn't even been announced, but an interesting use of the Wii remote that will be used in the game might interest you. Here are the two best sources to explain about this game that I could find:
Hehe, very interesting, thanks Friendly Sharptooth.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
There's only one game I'm looking forward to this year: Street Fighter IV! :D

.....SHORYUKEN!!!

EDIT: Oh yes, and Chrono Trigger DS, but I won't be able to play that right away - at least, not yet. :p

Heh, as for next year, though I wish it was coming out this year, but it will give me enough time to save up enough money to build a new PC after it comes out - Doom IV... xD
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...