The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Asking LBT production crew members for information

Hypno · 358 · 46849

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright. We can wait at least a few days and hope that some members will notice this by then. I'm not in a hurry.  :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds like a good idea. All of the admins need to add there two cents

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I hope some come on and see this topic. Malte checks out the forum every day or two. Hopefully he'll see this. Nick is on here a lot too. Adam unfortunately isn't around much anymore though.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's not that likely that we might get anything out of this. Pudleiner used the storyboards for teaching purposes and probably had to ask permission from Universal Studios, they own the rights to the movie after all. Plus there were multiple creative people involved and they also have a say in this - even though the creative people involved in those kind of projects usually don't mind sharing storyboards etc - but as I said, Universal has to approve it as well, and I'm not so sure if they would agree for this kind of stuff to be released on a fan website.

It still does not hurt to try of course, it shows that some interest is there, and if said interest appears to be strong enough, the studio who owns the movie might act on it. If word reaches Universal, it might increase the chances for a proper blu ray release (scanning the actual negative film roll and restauring it instead of upscaling a dvd version) and maybe even a collector's edition that does show or at least tells us what the removed scenes would have been.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You are right. Like ADGTH they said that the scenes were destroyed, but, you seen what happened there. The extended version of the hell scene was found.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope so also and I know most of the staff isn't on much. But hopefully they'll check out this topic and add something

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know too much about writing formal letters but what you wrote seems pretty good to me. I do wish for the best of luck in getting a response or possible answers though.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope so as well we can hopefully get some kind of reasoning why they deleted those senses from the movie,

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I understand, RockingScorpion.

But, even if we can't see that storyboards or full scenes right now without that stupid permissions and copyrights, we will know that they are still th... dammit! they don't release for 30 years and they don't want to use them in any way (for free or to get more money) so why these scenes must wait in the corners for another fire to be destroyed or completely forgotten. AAAAH I'M MAD ON THEM!!!

phew...
I need to relax...

what I want to say: at least, we can know that storyboards or even full animated scenes EXISTS. :D
And that there's still a chance!
yay!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I agree I hope they still have the senses as well

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
The letter looks perfect to me! I'll be interested to see his reply :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm waiting a few more days if someone comes up with something they wish to say.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah that seems very fair looks like no one has anything to say tho.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Like Sovereign said, we should give a few days for peoples' inputs. Not everyone is online every day.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
True you're right let's wait and see if anyone else replies.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Haven't been on here for a while recently - too much stuff needed my attention IRL. Have the letter been sent yet?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
As I know, not yet. Or Sovereign would tell us.
We wait for people's opinion on this for some days.

(forum admins and mods are not interested in this? Oo)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
So, are we collecting signatures or names to put under the main text of the letter? Cause if we are then count me in. :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think that's what Sovereign is doing. We would like some input on the whole thing and such.