The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First movie uncut version Where?

Dilopho · 20 · 6715

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello,
last week a Finnish friend told me that the old original version of the movie is a bit different to the version we know. Besides some additional conversations (for example after they rescued Cera from the pachycephalosaurs) in that version Littlefoot already discovers the GV after the battle with Cera when he is alone (In the cut version we know it is after they killed the sharptooth) and there is a scene with some dinosaurs that don't want to share their food with the gang.

Unfortunately he doesn't has his old VHS recording from the 90s.
Does anybody know where you can get that original version or if the TV in Finnland is able to show the original version once again?

Best regards.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Unfortunately the uncut version is unavailable anywhere. There is a member here, Pikkutassu, who also has seen the uncut version and had a VHS copy as well but the VHS copy doesn't work anymore. From what I recall Pikkutassu saying, there is at least one TV station interested in airing the uncut version and that it might air in December or so. But this isn't 100% certain.

Other than this possible re-airing of the original uncut version, there is absolutely no chance of seeing the uncut LBT movie.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We're all waiting for Finnish TV shows to show an uncut version again. It seems like more than one Finnish person can remember the uncut version. However as Darkhououmon said, we don't know where one would be.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only other option is to call up each of the producers and executive producers and ask them if they have any of the original film that was cut out.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
In other words: don't expect to ever see it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Sep 30 2010 on  04:18 AM
In other words: don't expect to ever see it.
I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility for the re-airing yet. They have a big stash of crap movies they've been showing all year so maybe it's low priority on their list. But things aren't looking too good now  :( only if the tape had survived... oh man.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
And if it reairs, we'll have a version of the film most of us don't speak or understand.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
...with lots of images which we will understand, no matter our native tongue and some lines which our Finnish friends might be able to translate for us. Classical case of looking at the half full or the half empty glass hypothetical though the glass may be for the time being.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Too true. But guys, don't get your hopes up.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Malte279,Oct 2 2010 on  03:04 PM
...with lots of images which we will understand, no matter our native tongue and some lines which our Finnish friends might be able to translate for us. Classical case of looking at the half full or the half empty glass hypothetical though the glass may be for the time being.
Forgive me for bumping an old topic,  but I have one word for this comment:

Fansubbing. If one person has a recorded VHS, or can record it, it just needs transferring to AVI or MPEG format (relatively easy with today's technology, plus a bunch of companies that do it), and then I'm sure we can get a Finnish fan to provide an English transcript that can be fansubbed (or even fandubbed, if people are willing)

And I have heard alot about this whole thing of foreign companies airing the uncut version of the film, with people talking about scenes they remember, so it is probably true.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Helping to bump a bit:

I accually found a very old tape of The Secret Of NIMH. so the possibility of comming across an uncut vhs of LBT could be a possibility.
Check local thrift stores. I have a VHS copy of LBT and I see at least one copy when I go to thrift.
Its an older copy that I have too with the cardboard case. I doubt it has what you guys are looking for thou...

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Zenoah,Jun 14 2011 on  01:03 AM
Helping to bump a bit:

I accually found a very old tape of The Secret Of NIMH. so the possibility of comming across an uncut vhs of LBT could be a possibility.
Check local thrift stores. I have a VHS copy of LBT and I see at least one copy when I go to thrift.
Its an older copy that I have too with the cardboard case. I doubt it has what you guys are looking for thou...
Finding VHS copies of LBT isn't that hard. You can easily find them on Amazon, Ebay, all sorts. Heck, I even found a VHS of The Big Freeze a while back.

But true enough. Keep an eye out for the oldest VHS copies you can find, the "first print" copies.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yeah E-bay will have the movie for cheap money. I hope to see this soon.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Be carefull getting forgin movies.
Some, if not all, VHS's from other counteries wont play on american players.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
Quote from: Zenoah,Jun 16 2011 on  01:02 PM
Be carefull getting forgin movies.
Some, if not all, VHS's from other counteries wont play on american players.
A VHS is in these times also a pretty rare sight. <_<

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I have seen many american VHS's around where I live. Especially the old ones in the cardboard cases.
The thrift shops and a local video buy-out store have had em.

I can go find these copies and send them to those who want  em.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you have a working video recorder, Zenoah? If you do, you can check out the movie yourself. You can probably rent the tape, no? Read the first few pages of the "Outcut land before time scenes" topic and you'll know what to look for when you start watching the movie. If you find something, let us know. If you own a camera you can take a photo of the TV screen showing the interesting scene and post it here. That way we'll be 100% sure you have the uncut version.

If you don't own a recorder, it is too risky. You pay for the tape, somebody pays for the shipping, and in the end it is found out it is just the regular version. I do have a working video recorder and the means to convert the movie to digital form, but shipping to my place is nigh impossible (I can't afford it). Teaming up with an American member is your best shot then.

But I'll tell you, searching for the right tape is risky. You're searching for a needle in a haystack, and it is not 100% sure that the needle even exists.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I doubt this tape even exist's. If it does good luck trying to find it,

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Seeing the pics in the other topic and remembering what was on my tape...it's not uncut.
Has anyone tried downloading/looking for the film in other languages?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not yet I don't think. We could try that. We can try to download the Finnish Version some place.