The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Possible Time Gate X reboot.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Lately, I've been thinking that maybe I should bring back Time Gate X.  One of the changes I planned on doing was replacing the main human character, who was originally a self-insert from when I was a cocky 14-year-old. :lol  Maybe with another scientist who's older and more developed.  Though this time, I plan on probably stopping it after the Mars story arc, if anyone read and knew about it before I made the stupid idea of taking it down...  The reason for the shortening of the story was because I wound up with too many plot points and decided to go through with them, big mistake as I burned out 30 chapters in.  I could put it back up on FF.net if any of my readers on this site managed to save it, though I bet that was probably wishful thinking as I gave no warning beforehand of taking it down.  And the word files are long lost from one of my old, and now dead, computers.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Yes, I would like a reboot. Sadly, I do not have anything saved but I will try to recall what I can... Note that this is from memories that are over a year old.

I believe the research station was stationed on Mars and known as "Cydonia" or something like that.

Rex and Yu (From A Sharptooth's Heart) were featured as OCs. Rex was a dinosaurs known as a Dracoval.

Alimons (fictional dinosaurs from A Sharptooth's Heart) was also featured.

The main character was a 14 year old military scientist named Colvin Tanner, who carries more weapons than is physically possible. And has a mouth that would put Deimos to shame.

Colvin encounters a "reverse" Icthy and Dil along with the originals.

There was a scene involving zombies on board the station which was abandoned due to hostile dinosaurs making their way through the gate.

Colvin's job was to capture live dinosaurs from the past for research and he used the eponymous Time Gate to do so.

It was mentioned that Tanner is Rex's reincarnation.

There was a battle in the later part of the book that involved Alimons and some soldiers in Halo-like battle armor.

-------------------------------

Oh yeah, if you want to use Deimos (my Utahraptor OC) or my assistance, just ask.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
And I plan on narrowing the story down to just Mars, and probably leaving out the Sharptooth's Heart and Out of the Shadows crossovers.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ah... So you plan to replace Yu?

So will the story be a "building battle and survive the terrorists (assorted bad guys)" type of plot?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can focus on 1 main plot point at a time, with maybe a minor short term one or 2 also maybe.  And once the main plot point is resolved you can do a sequel story and such.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was thinking of simply keeping it short and sweet like a novella.  I dunno if I'd make a sequel to it, I just want the relief of finally completing this story after having it left idle for five years before deleting it.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's a little snippet that I just wrote up.  This may come to me easier than I thought.  Figured I would share this before I posted it up on FF.net. (( Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6747006/1/Time_Gate_X_Red_Dust ))

“All passenger hibernation pods are now reanimated.  Welcome to Cydonia, Mars.  It is currently 1800 hours Face Standard Time on October 13th, 2130. All connecting shuttle flights to the Jupiter moon colonies and Titan will commence in 48 Earth Hours.  Thank you for choosing United Spacelines and enjoy your stay on Mars.” Said a tinny computerized voice through the speakers on the ceiling of a long corridor lined with stasis pods.  As the pods opened, and the passengers deboarded, a figure clad in a white labcoat stood out from the crowd.  He took no time leaving the ship for the baggage carousel to grab a small duffel bag.  His brown eyes scanned the crowded lobby for a moment, lit by the pink tint of the Martian sky through a glass ceiling.  The man in his 20s made his way for the glass exit tunnel to the chauffeur parkway, “Here I am, back on Mars... Can’t stand it...  Dim, depressing, dry...  What does my father want now?” said the brown-haired figure as he held his forehead, making his way to the parkway where about a dozen suited men were holding signs of last names.  This strange young man in a labcoat approached the chauffer holding a paper sign with “Schmidt” crudely written on it.  “Albrecht Schmidt?” said the driver as the two men made eye contact.  “Yes.  That would be me.”  The black-suited man opened the back door, allowing this Mr. Schmidt to climb in before taking his place as the driver, “Where will it be today, sir?”

“The Cydonia SpaceTime facility please.”