The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Just a Sketch

Akiko · 6 · 1629

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Well, after seeing "The Lonely Journey" episode on the tv series, I couldn't help drawing out something that was already halfway in my mind.  :rolleyes: This isn't yet complete, and it's just a photosnap (not scanned) so some details are harder to see at the moment (like Gitta's teeth), but I figured I'd share it. It's of my character Gitta (velociraptor) and Chomper. What if he met her while on his quest? :blink: This is how I'd see that happening.

http://one.fsphost.com/akikowolfi/gittachomper.JPG

Gitta: I'll be your friend.

...Now, c'mon...wouldn't you trust that face? :lol  ;)

Anyways, I'll color this in eventually. Gitta's posture was really hard and I'm still not really happy with it...she's suppose to be slinking around Chomper, but her legs got a little messed up. It's already sketched and inked though, so I'm probably limited as to how much I can touch it up when coloring. :huh:  

I apologize for how much I'm posting lately, I just get on these sprees sometimes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I apologize for how much I'm posting lately, I just get on these sprees sometimes.
If there is one thing you really never ever need to apologize for it is posting lots in the GOF, especially if posts come with awesome drawings such as this one! :)
Most welcoming thread posts include a line such as "post lots :)" and there is nothing more delightful than members following that request. This is what is keeping the GOF active :yes
This drawing you did is just great!
You did what not too many people manage to do, as you created a drawing which is really telling a story. Of course the viewer doesn't know the details as you had them in your mind when you drew it, but everyone who looks at it is bound to think about what is going on and how what is going on came to go along.
What I really love about this picture is the way you did the facial expressions and the postrures of the characters. If somebody smiled at me the way Gitta smiles at Chomper I would probably run away :lol:
In response Chomper looks very uncomfortable and even intimidated (Oh dear, what does this deceptive looking raptor want him to do?). The postures match the faces perfectly. Gitta's ensnaring embrace, Chomper's protectively folded arms, his tail (unlike hers) rather limp, all these are elements which show the characters' mood. It really is a gorgeous drawing :yes
The only piece of constructive criticism I can offer concerns Chomper's (rather than Gitta's legs). He is sporting Raptor's legs with an additional joint in the drawing, similar to Gitta's or those of Ozzy and Strut, while in the movies he has simpler legs which hardly differ (except for the claws) from the legs of Ducky for example. This can hardly harm the excellent work though.

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Thanks, I figured it was alright...I just tend to ramble a lot and always worry I talk, or in this case post, too much. :rolleyes: Thanks again for the comments and the criticism; I see what you mean with Chomper's legs...I think I probably draw raptors a little too much. :lol I'm gonna keep a note of that the next time I'm drawing him though ;)

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wow your best yet akiko Just something bout raw sketches i really like. I guess cause they sort of show what went in to makeing a given drawing.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Well I know Chomper but not the other dude...sure looks deceiving.  Don't fall for it Chomper! :p

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 18 2007 on  08:25 PM
Well I know Chomper but not the other dude...sure looks deceiving.  Don't fall for it Chomper! :p
heheh

That ep was my secound fave after escape from mysterious beyond.

Poor chomper could he have chosen wors dino types to befriend?