The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last night, it finally got cold enough that I decided to wear long pants to bed instead of shorts. I think it might be time to remove the air conditioner from my room. I'll have to wait until the weekend to get some help with that.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We had the first frost of the year last night.  Today they are calling for a hard freeze and the entire area is under a freeze warning.  This has been quite the change - just a month and a half ago we had high temperatures in the 90s.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We're going to have a storm. Especially the coast will be hit with bft 12 or stronger wind
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We just had a rather severe storm over here that prompted a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for about an hour.  Needless to say, that is a rather odd occurrence for the end of October.  The forecast has my area in the 50s and 60s for highs for the next week, with the possibility of strong storms again in about a week.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It poured rain pretty much all day. The pond near our house flooded up to the fence surrounding that area. Most of the front and backyards were under an inch of water with little islands where the ground was elevated. It all drained as soon as the rain stopped.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rainy, stormy and cold! Nothing to be worried about in November :lol:

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It looks like that the weather is going to turn quite cold in the next week.  We have one more weekend with high temperatures in the 60s and then we are supposed to have high temperatures in the mid 40s.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We had very severe weather today.  A Tornado Warning was issued for my area and we were subjected to 65 mile per hour wind gusts, torrential rain, and dime-sized hail.  Luckily, however, damage was minimal in my town.  There are reports of catastrophic damage in Brookport, Illinois, with numerous mobile homes overturned and people calling for help under the debris.  So it could have been far, far worse.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I heard about the severe weather... pretty unusual to have a tornado outbreak in mid-november, isn't it?

As for me, low stratus and temperatures in the 40s... about Wednesday/Thursday there might be the first 'Ground Sparkles' of this 'Cold Time' ;) Temperatures will be in the high 30s so it won't get white for the time being..

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^It is very unusual for that part of the country in November :blink:.  None of my family in Michigan have been impacted by the weather, so that's a relief on my end.  I hope everyone else is okay.

It is supposed to be around 75 degrees today, and I'm practically in sweats freezing my tail off :lol.  I used to say anything below 80 degrees gets cool for me, but I've since acclimated to triple digits of over 120 degrees to the point where I've become a sissy to cooler weather :spit.  When I was practicing for my upcoming marathon in the canyon it will be run in, I was around 8,000 feet above sea level, and it was around 50 degrees with what appear to be snow clouds lingering above.  We do get snow in the higher elevations, and I was excited at the thought of running with snowflakes but it never happened :lol.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, as expected and forecasted, it's just snowing at the moment :p Though the temperatures are in the high 30's so it'll melt almost instantly again :( Well, the winter will come and so will the snow :yes

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's annoying. The temperatures keep fluctuating from high to low. It rose to the 80s Sunday, fell back into the 60s Monday, and it has risen into the 70s. It is supposed to cool down again after tomorrow, into the 50s. I just want it to stay consistently cool.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
It's beautiful and sunny, but the temp is biting.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We received another 1.5 inches of rain today.  This makes us several inches wetter than usual for the year.  The temperatures have settled down into the 50s for highs and 30s for lows.  It is supposedly going to get extremely cold in about a week.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cold and wet. The temperature is around 10 degrees Celsius. Sub-zero temperatures and snow are expected next week (though I must say that here, at the forefront of the vast Eurasian steppes, there's never too much snow in November and December).

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Summer is just around the corner here in Australia and I am not looking forward to it really. We are already getting some days where it is above 35 degrees celsius by around 8 am!

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There's been some 10 centimeters of snowfall per square meter in the last two days over here, but it's melting quickly.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bright, sunny, & cold.  Better then total overcast & freezing.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We had some freezing rain in the night so everything was covered by a thin layer of ice... it was dangerously slippy...