The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Could the Great Valley survive a Combined Pack?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Say that Fast Biters, T-Rexes, Belly Draggers, Spinosauurs, Gigantosaurus,  Sharp Beaks, etc, were to join forces and attack the Great Valley together.  Would the Combined Herd be able to fight off this Combined Pack?  

I mean, true, their teamwork would help them, but what if the other side was Sharpteeth and also were skilled at teamwork too?  

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Why would there be such a pack to begin with?
It would bring awful problems for the sharpteeth involved at no real benefit. Much as we humans love war and battles and conquering etc. (which seems to be the only reason for such a setting) I really don't see how such concepts would enter the mind of LBT dinosaurs. Huge group of sharpteeth would have a much more difficult time to find enough prey to live from. Even if they had the kind of mass killing battle which is at the core of this thought (and which would be an unnecessary risk compared to going for singular stragglers from herds or the like) the corpses thus produced wouldn't last to sustain them long before rotting away. For the pray it would also be a lot easier to avoid a large pack of sharpteeth (nothing subtle and ambush enabeling in that).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 23 2015 on  02:36 PM
Huge group of sharpteeth would have a much more difficult time to find enough prey to live from.
There's a reason why in nature, you will usually find more prey than predators.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
There is actually a facfiction story sort of about this. Here it is.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)