The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Crush?

Malte279 · 60 · 10618

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, not again! :P: *summons Malte279 for the usual reply*

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I think I already said something like this, but I do believe that they are in love, but it's more like brother/sister love in my opinion.  They're too young to have anything else number one, and when they get old enough to have those other types of...relations, they'll most likely go in the path of what's natural for them (their own species for one!).  Assuming that they never meet anyone else of their kind when they get older, perhaps some innocent experimentation might take place like children so often do, but as for a real romantic relationship coming of these two, no.  I doubt we'll ever see any of this in the movies.  You see how innocently Tria and Topsy's relationship is taken even.   It is all in all a childrens film and we're not gonna see some of this of any kind.  As for their relationship, I think that Cera is more in love with Littlefoot than he is with her, but just slightly.  Remember, as in love I mean just family caring!  They fight like brothers and sisters do and they love each other like brothers and sisters do.  It's really the best way to describe their relationship because it's so different than any other relationship we've seen in LBT so far.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
No, not again! tongue.gif *summons Malte279 for the usual reply*
Sandbox
The reply would be less familiar if previous posts would be :rolleyes:

Saftycera

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/saft
I don't see it as a crush...More of a  well Littlefoot and Cera have known each other the longest really when you think about things, Personally I think Cera WANTS to be Littlefoot's best friend more than the others and when she saw that might of been threatened by Ali she got jealous and such.

Cera admires Littlefoot alot, he has alot of strong personality traits that may be acceptable if he was a three-horn.

But that's just my quota.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Didn't she seem to get jealous when he called Mo his best friend, or something like that? Don't remember the exact line or phrase he said.

I do agree in what I've seen it does seem she wants to be Littlefoot's best friend, though I do have trouble reading people so may be reading things wrong.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that it isn't a crush YET, but it could develop into one in the future.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I still think that they are just intimate friends (opposites do attract...). There's no "love" involved, not even the [frequently] forementioned "sandbox love."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be due to the facts they have known each other the longest, compared to the others, and that they are the same basic size.  Similar to Ducky and Petrie getting along well since they are about the same size.  As some, I think, mentioned before.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
The size thing could be playing as part, because I've seen Ducky give Petrie some unusually affectionate looks before.... :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The high degree of jealousy which Cera (unlike Ducky, Petrie, or Spike) shows does make the idea of a kind of "sandbox love" rather plausible while I don't see any point that would contradict the theory. Do you see any Manny Cav?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Like I said, I think they're really intinate friends. I don't think there is anything like you mentioned between them, but no real proof leaves us to speculation. Your case may well be correct....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that, also Cera's jealously could come in part, though perhaps not all, from her disliking change and perhaps her basic personality.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm going to put my opinion in, but i will most likely not be as good as everyone else. I think the reason she cares the most in some situations, is because in the first LBT movie, i think littlefoot became her first friend, (i might be wrong on that) and the way he befriended her despite her ways could be why she is always the one who cares most.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This is a very interesting thesis Mornai, and a plausible one at that. We know that (unlike Littlefoot) Cera had a couple of siblings, but we don't know if she ever got along with them too well. Cera's aggressiveness was probably not limited to her, but shared by her siblings. She may have found recognition, but not the kind of friendship which she found with Littlefoot and the others. We do know that Cera does not really endorse the ways of some Threehorns (that is their racism and their bossy behavior. The most direct statement from Cera is in LBT 5 when she calls other threehorns "too bossy"), and though the may not have been able to pinpoint the problem before she met Littlefoot she may well have felt it anyway. This is of course speculative, but still not unlikely. Of course she mentions her sisters in the original movie in such a manner as if they would provide any company she was looking for, but this may well have been an act of keeping face before that longneck who dared trying to be a friend to her (before she realized that this friendship was something other threehorns did not provide).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I believe there is definitely something between them; a sibling relationship.  For one thing, they've known each other the longest, meaning they would be closer to each other than anyone else.  Littlefoot seems to be Cera's protector.  He shows the most concern if something's troubling her, is always available to listen to her (making him her confidant), and pays special attention to her safety in times of danger.  She seems to return the favor to him.  One example was in LBT 12, when Littlefoot was struggling to pull himself up over the cliff.  Even though Ducky tried to help him but is so small (bless her heart for caring so much), Cera is the only reasonably sized one to help him up.  I've also noticed Cera plays the part of Littlefoot's advisor, helping him with leadership decisions.  Another thing I saw was in LBT 13, when the gangs were singing "How Do You Know?" (sorry 'bout the spoiler, fellow European members :^.^:), Littlefoot appears to rest his cheek on Cera's forehead at the close of the song.  Before I ramble on any further, I believe these two love each other, look out for each other and always will share the bond they do :^.^:  :^.^:.

(Stops to catch breath) Phew!  That's a rap, y'all.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera is the only reasonably sized one to help him up.

Well, of course Spike could've helped.  He is supposedly the strongest of the gang (though I seriously doubt that).  You've probably not seen the tv series yet.  Just follow the link in my signature pic if you haven't.  Lots of stuff happens in the tv series. :^.^:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oops :slap.  I should've been more specific.  I was implying Cera was the only reasonably sized one that went on to rescue LF.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Feb 18 2006 on  01:24 AM
Cera:  Call me and Littlefoot a couple again, and you'll regret it!

Okay, Cera!  Sorry! -_-
I know this is an old post, but when was that said? :confused

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: ScratteLover3,Sep 11 2010 on  07:53 AM
I know this is an old post, but when was that said? :confused
To my knowledge, never. :p