The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ancient Egypt Trivia.

Saft · 33 · 8118

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I had read that ancient Egyptians commonly used cosmetics. However, unlike the people of today, such items were not used to enchance one's appearance, but in fact, had a different reason altogether for being used. What exactly did ancient Egyptians use cosmetics for?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Makeup was not only used for improving appearances, but the egyptians believed that the cosmetics held some sort of magical powers within the powder, that it may heal the sick or injured.  Some even believed that it would cure poor eyesight.  

I would have liked to have seen the effects of these..especially when they would not work. ;)

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oops, sorry. Have so much going on offline that this slipped my mind. Your response contains truth, and therefore, the floor is now yours. You are free to place a new inquiry at your leisure.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK:

Canopic jars were used by the Egyptians during mummification to preserve and store vital organs of the owner for the afterlife.  Now originally these canopic jars had human heads that protected four particular organs but after the New Kingdom they were replaced by the four sons of Horus.  

What are the four sons of Horus called, what organ did they protect and which goddess accompanied them for protection?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The four sons of Horus are: Hapi, Imsety, Duamutef, and Qebehsenuef.
Hapi protected the lungs of the deceased, and was protected by the goddess Nephthys. Imsety protected the liver of the deceased, and was protected by the goddess Isis. Duamutef protected the stomach of the deceased, and was protected by the goddess Neith. Finally, Qebehsenuef protected the intestines of the deceased, and was protected by the goddess Serket.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry for my lateness. The Egyptians were the first people to hatch eggs artificially. True or false?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
False. I think it was the Chinese who did it first.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That was a very good answer, but not quite correct. The Egyptians were in fact the first who did that, according to my sources. Being a true or false question, the only possibly option is a given, so feel free to go ahead with the next question.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Who succeeded King Tut as King after his death?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Did you know that Tutankhamun's name was originally Tutankhaten 'living image of Aten' ? It is theorised that he changed his name to Tutankhamun to reaffirm his allegiance with the ture gods of Egypt after Akhenaten's rule of a single sun disk god.  

Anyway to answer your queestion Nick...the succesor was Ay who ruled Egypt for four years.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not meaning to push Nick but can you confirm if it is right or wrong?