The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Any VHS updates on the (partially?) uncut version?

BashLucasandSpielberg

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey all! Just wondering if anybody has any new leads. After reading Barroth the Blue Mage's old post describing the uncut movie, I am sure that the VHS I watched in the year 2000 (at least) was at least somewhat uncut.

How?

The scene with Rooter was still there, but these scenes were also in it:

- Visible back bite on littlefoots mom

- Spike being lured with berries

- Bit at the end where littlefoot says now we will always be together!"

Say what you will, but I clearly remember most of the cut scenes being in the VHS I watched in 2000-2001.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: BashLucasandSpielberg,Jan 1 2015 on  10:25 PM
Hey all! Just wondering if anybody has any new leads. After reading Barroth the Blue Mage's old post describing the uncut movie, I am sure that the VHS I watched in the year 2000 (at least) was at least somewhat uncut.

How?

The scene with Rooter was still there, but these scenes were also in it:

- Visible back bite on littlefoots mom

- Spike being lured with berries

- Bit at the end where littlefoot says now we will always be together!"

- Cera calling littlefoot's mom a stupid longneck, and they fight about where the valley is.

Say what you will, but the last part was the most memorable part of the movie, as I remember Cera and Littlefoot butting each other while they fight and littlefoot yells at Cera to takw back what she said.

I always wondered where that emotionally charged fight went in later viewings, as I loved that part the most as a kid.  :cry
I found them calling his mother a stupid longneck and the fight though I don't recall seeing the others.  

I'd like to see all of that, plus the cut scene where they had the oasis and the creatures were so herd seperationsit that they were willing to die rather than share.  (Though alarming, it should have been left in there as it would have taught young viewers a very valuable lesson.)  

Also, there was one too where Cera wasn't sure she wanted to keep Spike, but that got cut too.

Rooter was always in there that I know of.  

Hmmmm, you don't think they had Petrie's hatching do you?  He seems to be the only one we didn't see, well, other than Ruby (we saw Chomper in II.).  Then again, Petrie was supposed to be the comic relief character so perhaps they never had it in there.  If they did though, I hope to see it if I can.

Originally the fight with Sharptooth came AFTER Mama Longneck's ghost showed Littlefoot the Great Valley.  That can be seen, in part, because the very rock that they later conked Sharptooth in the head with is shown in this scene, though, in the final cut, the Mother's Ghost scene appears AFTER the final fight, yet the rock is still there.  

Also, perhaps they cut how they got out of that tar pit (that always baffles me, even now.).

Also, I think they had more of the Sharptooth and the thorn scene too, but cut some graphic parts out of it.  

I did notice the Egg Stealer in the credits and so thought perhaps they had Ozzy and Strut already in mind for the next one, though the original producers didn't partake in any of the sequel films.  

BashLucasandSpielberg

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, Petrie was never in there. Sorry!

Edit: The Cera-Littlefoot fight is still in there. The other scenes are not, though. :(

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: BashLucasandSpielberg,Jan 1 2015 on  10:59 PM

Edit: The Cera-Littlefoot fight is still in there. The other scenes are not, though. :(
Rooter is still there, at least on all the ones I've seen online.  

He was put in there to soften the blow of the death of Mama Longneck and was actually, I heard, in the movie as shown in the theaters.  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: BashLucasandSpielberg,Jan 1 2015 on  11:59 PM

When you first mentioned before about that fight scene being cut, I was so confused and didn't know what you were talking about. I don't remember that scene being cut.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 1 2015 on  11:23 PM
Quote from: BashLucasandSpielberg,Jan 1 2015 on  11:59 PM

When you first mentioned before about that fight scene being cut, I was so confused and didn't know what you were talking about. I don't remember that scene being cut.
The fight between Cera and Littlefoot wasn't cut.  

Originally, the part where Littlefoot talked to his mother's spirit came BEFORE the death scene (at least I hope that was his death scene.  Could bring him back and have Chomper kill him.   :lol  )  of Sharptooth, and the rock that conked Sharptooth on the head was still there.  However, they changed it so that Sharptooth was defeated first, but the rock, that had gone down with Sharptooth, is still there in the final scene.  

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
People keep saying they saw it on the VHS as a kid, but if that's really true, surely there's still a copy floating around that has the cut scenes, and if that was true, we would have seen them on Youtube well over half a decade ago.

Maybe one of these years someone will finally track down a version that actually does have those scenes, but as the years press on, it's becoming less and less realistic. :cry

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I agree with Bruton. This whole thing rings false. The username "BashLucasandSpielberg" isn't making me believe anything this guy says, either.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

BashLucasandSpielberg

• Ruby
    • View Profile
WeirdRaptor, Iam sick of your I know it all attitude. I definitely remember those scenes, I was just confused about the Littlefoot-Cera fight because I havent watched the full movie in years. :)

My username is BashLucasandSpielberg because I miss my partially uncut viewing from my chilhood. The person that watched with me also recalls the sceens, as dors Blue Barroth Mage, Pikkatsu and some other members.

There are DEFINITELY old VHS's that have some or all of the deleted scenes, it is just that almost nobody had or saw them, so the chances of somebody putting it online would be very slim.

DOES NOT mean we are all stupid/forgetful and made up the scenes for our enjoyment.

Thank you very much! :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Everyone, please keep personal attacks out of the board.
I can't say that my personal hopes of ever actually seeing an uncut version are fairly low seeing that while many have seen it (which makes the existence of uncut versions very probable), in all the years no such uncut version has ever been found in our times, or if they were the ones who had such a copy so far never provided any footage.
But either way, no personal attacks among members in this matter.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know you were talking to WeirdRaptor but I'd like to apologize because I'm the one who claimed it seemed unlikely that there really was an uncut version.

I'd just like to make it clear that I didn't mean I think any of you are lying. It's just that considering how wide the internet is and how much crap gets uploaded onto youtube, it seems weird that there were uncut copies of the original LBT and nothing has surfaced. But considering many people probably don't have their VCRs anymore, and have also probably sold the tapes (sorry I didn't take this into account) as well as the fact that multiple people seem to remember seeing the uncut version...it's actually possible.

So I'm glad to be mistaken on my previous comment.  :smile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I'm just as sick of you, Bashy. You are a liar and I don't believe for a single second that there are any uncut Land Before Time copies out there. There has only ever been one version in commercial release, and that is the one we saw in theaters. Anything else was either only ever seen by the people making the film or in people's fever dreams. If there were any "uncut" versions out there, they'd have surfaced by now, considering how much fandom and nerdity celebrate rare versions of films.

If you're not lying, show me the evidence. Until then, I call you "liar'.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 11 2015 on  01:36 AM
Well, I'm just as sick of you, Bashy. You are a liar and I don't believe for a single second that there are any uncut Land Before Time copies out there. There has only ever been one version in commercial release, and that is the one we saw in theaters. Anything else was either only ever seen by the people making the film or in people's fever dreams. If there were any "uncut" versions out there, they'd have surfaced by now, considering how much fandom and nerdity celebrate rare versions of films.

If you're not lying, show me the evidence. Until then, I call you "liar'.

You really should listen to Malte, WeirdRaptor. It's important to respect others on this board. Whether you think BashLucasAndSpielberg is telling the truth or not, calling him/her a liar isn't right.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
He cast the first stone as far as I'm concerned.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Yes, he did and already he had received negative reactions for it.
The old eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth mentality will provide the world with quite a few one-eyed toothless people! :bang
Sometimes one really benefits more from the grace of quality of contenance than from the shallow satisfaction of venting steam.
This thread is temporarily closed because I seriously don't want to have to impose any sanctions resulting from whatever the need of being the last one to have said something to offend the other one might bring further. I do not think this amuses anyone  :neutral