The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Uncut version

Bruton the Iguanodon

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It was an intentional animation change.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Dec 3 2011 on  07:31 PM
Why?
My guess is that it was meant to show the difference between the harsh outside world and the Great Valley. If you look carefully, you can see that the colours of every character become brighter and more colourful in the Valley when compared to previously in the film. So, I'm guessing that the lavender-grey colour is Topps' real colour, and he only appeared dark brownish-grey previously because of the harsh orange lighting outside the Valley

Bruton the Iguanodon

But in the sequels he's dark brownish gray like at the beginning of 1!! (I gotta give it up to the sequels there; I much prefer Topps the original way he appeared.)  :smile

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Actually he's more light gray in the sequels which kinda proves Allicloud's point.  They are in a much happier place now.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Actually he's more light gray in the sequels which kinda proves Allicloud's point. They are in a much happier place now.

No he's not, he's the color he was at the beginning of 1.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I like his original color so much better then the crappy lavender, that would be horrendous if it was his real color.

LBTLover1 are you 100% of what you said?! :huh:

P.S. Does this explain why Mama Longneck was blue in the movie 10 flashback? If Topps can change from dark black to lavender, she can change from brownish gray to blue, right?

Bruton the Iguanodon

So, I'm guessing that the lavender-grey colour is Topps' real colour, and he only appeared dark brownish-grey previously because of the harsh orange lighting outside the Valley

Plus we saw him outside the valley and he didn't change color any more then the rest of the cast did (although his leg is drawn a weird black when Cera is right next to it)

One thing is forcertain---he is not the color he was at the end of 1

If you look carefully, you can see that the colours of every character become brighter and more colourful in the Valley when compared to previously in the film.

That was soooooo unnecessary  <_<   :anger   :confused

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't think it was unnecessary for the brightness of the colours.  It just showed a happy and bright feeling when meeting back with the characters' families.

For the other colours, they just changed when the mood changed and they found the great valley.

Littlefoot was a bluish colour in the beginning when he was born.

P.S. I am partially color blind, but I can see enough to understand what his colour is.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm sure Topps is the same color in the sequels that he was in the beginning of the original film. I'm positive his real color isn't that outrageous color he was at the end of 1.
Littlefoot was a bluish colour in the beginning when he was born.

Why? Cera and Ducky looked the same color when they were born... :huh:

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Topps, I think was a black colour.  After he turned to his current colour, he remained that way throughout the sequels.  I guess to show continuity, but it really doesn't make up for the cheap way they were done.

Littlefoot is the main character which shows the most colour contrasts.  He is brown, blue, green, and I believe lavender at one point.  It basically means his mood swings.  After the original, the new director didn't care about that all.

Bruton the Iguanodon

You're wrong. Topps started out blackish grey, briefly appeared lavender at the end of 1, and then returned to his original color for the sequels.

Why would Littlefoot be blue when he's born? To tell the viewers, "It's a boy!"? Well, the narrator makes it clear what his sex is

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyways, he is the same color in the sequels that he was in movie 1 at the beginnning, that is not his real color at the end, and if you still want to make an arguement about it please do so.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 17 2012 on  11:50 PM
You're wrong. Topps started out blackish grey, briefly appeared lavender at the end of 1, and then returned to his original color for the sequels.
How is he wrong on that? He said that Topsy was black and you say blackish gray. There's not really much of a difference.

Black is not always pitch black. Black can also look like a very dark gray. So there's two ways you can say it. Black or blackish gray. Still the same color.

Bruton the Iguanodon

No, he is wrong.

He said:

My guess is that it was meant to show the difference between the harsh outside world and the Great Valley. If you look carefully, you can see that the colours of every character become brighter and more colourful in the Valley when compared to previously in the film. So, I'm guessing that the lavender-grey colour is Topps' real colour, and he only appeared dark brownish-grey previously because of the harsh orange lighting outside the Valley

I said:

But in the sequels he's dark brownish gray like at the beginning of 1!! (I gotta give it up to the sequels there; I much prefer Topps the original way he appeared.)

He said:

Actually he's more light gray in the sequels which kinda proves Allicloud's point. They are in a much happier place now.

And I said:

Anyways, he is the same color in the sequels that he was in movie 1 at the beginnning, that is not his real color at the end, and if you still want to make an arguement about it please do so.

The valley is a much friendlier place but that doesn't by any means justify making everything all cute and rainbows and butterflies and NO!!! They should stay the same superior---superior!---  color they did outside the f***king valley!!!!!  :anger  :anger  :anger  :anger

Bruton the Iguanodon

Thankfully they all go back to their original colors in the sequels...but LBTLover1 doesn't think so

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2012 on  09:54 PM
Thankfully they all go back to their original colors in the sequels...but LBTLover1 doesn't think so
When did he say that? I reread his posts and nowhere did he seem to say that their colors don't change back to the original in the sequels.

Bruton the Iguanodon

He's wrong. The very idea is f***ing  wrong

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2012 on  10:01 PM

He's wrong. The very idea is f***ing  wrong
Actually, no. He's right on that. I just checked. I'll be posting up a picture soon, showcasing Mr. Threehorn in different art styles he's appeared in throughout the series. I might have missed something, but one thing I have noticed is this: he's never as dark in the sequels as he was in the original.