The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Has anyone tried to restore the ending?

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm so... amazed right now... the music in the soundtrack lines up with the original ending... I was trying to do it myself.. and I'm not sure how to explain this... but... what I did was... well you know how in the actual movie, after Littlefoot storms off, it cuts to Spike and Cera and the gang?... well what I did was I lined up the music from the soundtrack to the scene, again where Littlefoot storms off, cut out the next scene of Spike and Cera and all that, and moved the scene where Littlefoot finds the Great Valley next and just played it out... and sure enough, it matches perfectly.  Even the part where he says "The Great Valley!"

Does any of this makes sense... I was just floored when he said, "The Great Valley!" and the music was in the exact right spot.  

The only problem is the soundtrack seems to be in a different key than the movie O_o.... idk why that would be but... it sounds off when you play the movie and the soundtrack together, but I think I can work with it.  

I'm just really excited, but if anyone else has done this before I might not continue then.

EDIT
ugh this being in a different key is unfortunately very noticeable... does anyone know anything about this?
Actually I got it to sound okay  :smile

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The member Almaron has done an extensive analysis of this already. Check out some of his topics and his deviantART for more details.

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh I meant like using the clips we have to actually  put a video together...

Obviously we can't do anything about the deleted scenes but we can at least put the ones we have back in the right order.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The music is not in a different key from the film.  You're not watching a PAL-formatted DVD by chance?  The pitch is different due to the specs of PAL...its 5% faster.

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Mar 7 2015 on  10:39 AM
The music is not in a different key from the film.  You're not watching a PAL-formatted DVD by chance?  The pitch is different due to the specs of PAL...its 5% faster.
I'm not but I think either something is wrong with the rip or possibly kdenlive which is the program I'm using... I'm going to see if I can find any scenes online and compare them cause this is really bugging me.  It just.. .sounds just a hair off and I can't really figure out why that would be.

EDIT
i dunno just when going from a scene from the movie to the soundtrack, it sounds... different, I can't figure out what exactly it is.  But it's okay, I can still work with everything.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I kinda got distracted lately and haven't been working on my project but maybe we can put our videos together?

Hardback247

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Frankly, I think the ending as it is presented in the final version of the movie is much better, because it makes the reveal of the Great Valley much more important, and it is the ultimate reward for Littlefoot and his friends working together.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hardback247,Sep 18 2015 on  07:00 PM
Frankly, I think the ending as it is presented in the final version of the movie is much better, because it makes the reveal of the Great Valley much more important, and it is the ultimate reward for Littlefoot and his friends working together.
That's what I initially thought on hearing of the original ending. But I quickly began to like the old one better, as it seemed more fitting for the arrival scene to be simply a touching moment between the gang and not just the big reveal.

Also, in the final film, the reveal of the Great Valley comes, naturally, after the villian has been defeated and all, but the original version has it appear not only before but when Littlefoot has sort of hit his despair event horizon. I think that's better, seeing as it gives viewers more motivation to want to see Littlefoot and his friends all safely get to this place we'd know is real, as well as to cheer them on in their final showdown with Sharptooth.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Both versions have their merrit. The merrit of the version as we know it is that the Great Valley is really presented in a splendid manner and a as a final after which any further narrative might appear a bit "attached".
However, the original version would have made a very dramatic point with Littlefoot ranking the friendship with the others higher than the Valley and turning back in spite of their preceeding quarrel. The quarrel also give a basis for Littlefoot being as discouraged as he is when encountering the cloud image of his mother (right after not only the triumph over sharptooth but also the unexpected saving of Petrie, moments that is when such a down spirited mood for Littlefoot can be explained (sheer exhaustion) but still appears a little out of place.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 19 2015 on  03:32 AM
Both versions have their merrit. The merrit of the version as we know it is that the Great Valley is really presented in a splendid manner and a as a final after which any further narrative might appear a bit "attached".
However, the original version would have made a very dramatic point with Littlefoot ranking the friendship with the others higher than the Valley and turning back in spite of their preceeding quarrel. The quarrel also give a basis for Littlefoot being as discouraged as he is when encountering the cloud image of his mother (right after not only the triumph over sharptooth but also the unexpected saving of Petrie, moments that is when such a down spirited mood for Littlefoot can be explained (sheer exhaustion) but still appears a little out of place.
Good points. I still think I prefer the uncut one, though.

jesstripodmitch

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm actually going to be trying to animate the deleted scenes back into the film. :)
Here's the first scene I animated, did everything myself based on the reference.
Thanks. :)http://im2.ezgif.com/tmp/a5cc2c0073.mp4