The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If this were remade.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Apr 18 2017 on  09:59 PM
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 18 2017 on  09:45 PM
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Apr 17 2017 on  06:12 PM
Quote from: Snik,Apr 17 2017 on  05:52 PM
what sense? Just give them perfect original movie - and people would be introduced by gang. All is simple.
 :rolleyes:
You'd think so, anyway. The problem with trying to advertise the original Land Before Time is the same one any older film has. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of its modern descendants, and so might not tickle modern children's fancy. That's why remakes happen at all.
I think for reboot to work, the LBT franchise would have to be taken in a new direction, like how Christopher Nolan took Batman franchise in a new direction (actually it is closest to comics), and how James Bond was taken in a new direction in last four films starring Daniel Craig (closer to Ian Flemming novels). For Land Before Time to really make its mark, it might need to be turned into something that emphasizes the original's hallmarks, make Sharptooth very scary, keep a Pixaresque sadness of the separation of characters, and add elements that pull at the hearts of children and adults.
Agreed. Alas, in reality, I doubt any modern studio executives will care enough about the original LBT to truly examine what made the original work in the first place.
Perhaps, but the Lion King was an idea that had little promise, and yet it has become a major franchise in its own right. Anything is possible, who thought the Power Rangers would have been rebooted in a serious tone :lol.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
True, but at the time of The Lion King's making, Disney was at the top of their game, and it was made by people who felt the need to prove themselves considering their lion movie was considered something to hold audiences over for Pocahontas.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I have hope, since Michael Bay made Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles (twice) after there had been movies, and cartoons. Since the Power Rangers has been rebooted, I think The Land Before Time has a chance, especially if there is a Dinosaur Renaissance. Perhaps after Jurassic World II is released, executives will consider reviving other dino-franchises.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, there really wasn't a Dinosaur Renaissance during the original Jurassic Park trilogy, either, because those things be expensive to bring to life on the big screen. An animated film is not out the question, though.

Oh, I know Land Before Time has a chance. It's becoming increasingly clear that nothing made, ever, is immune to a reboot/remake/long belated sequel.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Apr 19 2017 on  12:06 PM
Well, there really wasn't a Dinosaur Renaissance during the original Jurassic Park trilogy, either, because those things be expensive to bring to life on the big screen. An animated film is not out the question, though.

Oh, I know Land Before Time has a chance. It's becoming increasingly clear that nothing made, ever, is immune to a reboot/remake/long belated sequel.
At first I resented reboots, but now I am glad for revivals because it means a chance to revisit and see something we've only hoped for or dream of regarding our favorite franchises.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I only support reboots if they do them right and they don't mess them up ahd destroy the old one that was great.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 20 2017 on  03:11 AM
I only support reboots if they do them right and they don't mess them up ahd destroy the old one that was great.
I have witnessed terrible reboots, Jurassic World being one of them IMHO.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 20 2017 on  11:28 AM
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 20 2017 on  03:11 AM
they don't mess them up ahd destroy the old one that was great.
and again... youself told the exact point: why do you need reboot if original is already PERFECT and GREAT?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
and again... youself told the exact point: why do you need reboot if original is already PERFECT and GREAT?

There is simply no way a reboot could even come close to the original film but if there's a small chance that it might revive the franchise while respecting the original tone of it, I'd actually accept a "decent" remake. If it could handle the first reboot film with a respectable performance and generate some serious money, it could have a good chance to lead to a new franchise which could develop and expand the world in the ways the sequels we have never did. Of course, if it's a CGI comedy, nothing good will come of it.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Apr 20 2017 on  02:13 PM

There is simply no way a reboot could even come close to the original film but if there's a small chance that it might revive the franchise while respecting the original tone of it, I'd actually accept a "decent" remake. If it could handle the first reboot film with a respectable performance and generate some serious money, it could have a good chance to lead to a new franchise which could develop and expand the world in the ways the sequels we have never did. Of course, if it's a CGI comedy, nothing good will come of it.
My feelings exactly. I would only want it to ensure sequels. My only concern is that they would just remake best sequels, rather than making a new stories. I however, still love the tone, style, and feel of sequels of the Original. My hope would be a new series of films that are more serious like the Original while they keep making sequels to the musical and sweeter anthology that always exists.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Well if it did get remade, I would be cautious. If it was made in traditional animation, I'd be thrilled. If it did follow the original story closely, then yes, I would give it a chance. However, since this is now a time where remakes and reboots are plentiful, I'd advise Hollywood to not touch the original, and simply look to other movies worthy of remakes/reboots, including original films that didn't do well at first, but could be done better with a remake/reboot.
However, since the original is a classic, I'm a little skeptical they would pull off one that could match the greatness of the original.
And I wholeheartedly agree with Sovereign, a CGI comedy would be a waste, and not do justice to the original.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What if they went Down the Disney route and made a live action Land Before Time remake to the 1988 movie?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If they were to do that, then I expect them to use very high-quality animation such as seen in the Jungle Book remake and (and this is the important part) keep the story very close to the original movie.
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't seen the new Jungle Book but the idea of the upcoming live-action Lion King spooks me. While I think it could go better with dinosaurs than lions, I don't see this overall prospect too exciting.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah same I haven't seen that movie yet either but one day I'll sit through the live action to The Jungle Book. Well it could work if it was done correctly and they got a good voice cast to play the roles. So I might be okay with this if it works out very well to me.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It certainly could work but the concept seems... odd. I wouldn't rule it out and i'll look forward to seeing what they do with Lion King. This is new technology after all. However, for now, live-action LBT doesn't sound that great to me.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Apr 22 2017 on  09:09 AM
I haven't seen the new Jungle Book but the idea of the upcoming live-action Lion King spooks me. While I think it could go better with dinosaurs than lions, I don't see this overall prospect too exciting.
I absolutely agree with you, Sovereign, the Lion King happens to be my favorite Disney movie, and I wasn't exactly excited about a live-action remake in the works. I mean, there's already a Broadway musical adaptation, so why make a remake?
It's simple why, the pressure to make more money and the fear of failure has been driving Disney to make more live-action remakes (most of which are inferior to the original) of the beloved originals. The Jungle Book remake turned out to be okay, but something as beloved and well-made as the Lion King should never receive a remake.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, the the old Jungle Book is also a very beloved film. The idea of live-action animal films, though, is quite eccentric and it requires extreme skill and vision to pull that off. Even then, I don't see Disney being willing to let the fans of the Jungle Book down easily.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What I herd was they where gonna make simba gay. And I support that choice openly and willingly. And I'm gonna see what they do with the lion king. And I'll look forward to one day seeing the remake to the movie if it happens

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 21 2017 on  05:20 AM
What if they went Down the Disney route and made a live action Land Before Time remake to the 1988 movie?
I think that could restore some interest in LBT, so I would be for it. It would be great to get some major actors and actresses play the main characters.

Little Foot: Andrew Garfield or Matthew Brodrick
Little Foot's Mother: Meryl Streep or Helen Miran
Cera: Miley Cyrus or Rachael McAdams
Ducky: Aubrey Anderson-Emmons or Elsie Fisher (guesses)
Petrie: Steve Carrell  
Spike: Well anyone really, but Simon Pegg would be good choice.
Sharptooth: Michael Wincott