The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

eating habits

rosie · 5 · 1301

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Chomper once said that flatteeth took a long time to eat while he just gobbles up his food. Sounds like instinct or natural selection to me since he would have to gobble up his food to prevent other sharpteeth from getting it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It also may be that it is easier to digest meat then do digest plant tissues to get food.  First you have to break down the cellulose, the cell walls and such.  & meat may have more energy per gram then plant food maybe.  I don't know the full reason since I"m no biologist, nor botanist or zoologist.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, I went to do some research and I came out with this:

"A carnivore (IPA: /ˈkɑrnɪvɔər/), meaning 'meat eater' (Latin carne meaning 'flesh' and vorare meaning 'to devour'), is an animal with a diet consisting mainly of meat, whether it comes from animals living (predation) or dead (scavenging).

In a more general sense, animals are loosely considered carnivores if their feeding behaviour consists of preying on other animals rather than grazing on plants. There are many predatory invertebrates, for example arthropods such as spiders or mantises and various species of predatory land snails and sea snails.

Animals that must eat meat in order to thrive are referred to as obligate carnivores.

Plants that capture and digest insects are called carnivorous plants. Similarly fungi that capture microscopic animals are often called carnivorous fungi.

The designation "hypercarnivore" is used to describe animals that exclusively feed on animal tissue. Additionally, it is used in paleobiology to describe taxa of animals which have an increased slicing component of their dentition relative to the grinding component."[1]

Well it doesn¥t explain why do carnivores eat meat,but probably what kor said,ill try do some more accurate research

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
It's the fact that leaves have little nutrition in them, so an herbivore needs to eat a tremendous amount of them in order to get as much food as a much smaller amount of meat... of course, it could also be because Chomper probably doesn't really have the ability to chew his food, and thus, he can eat it faster...

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks for making things clear, I really dind¥t know why...